Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

If someone said to me

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I actually don't mind them winning this week. There, I said it. Might even put a tenner on them. I can't lose Smile

you are not a genuine supporter. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes don't let lazza see this. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:39 am

Oh dear, I'm a troll. Sad
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:41 am

John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I'm happy to be 5th if that means the eagles beat the scum.

you almost want the flogs from pricefixer park to beat them so it creates a one game gap between fourth and fifth. a bit like your mother in law driving off a cliff in your new car.

Classic!

(Cars are insured!)

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:55 am

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
I never thought the round one performance was that bad.

I mean, yeah ok, it WAS bad, but it wasn't as bad as the score indicated. The main reason the scoreboard was so bad was because of three sequences where we missed an easy shot at goal and then Freo sliced up our atrocious kick in zones and got a goal. That's three 11 point turnarounds which is 33 points. That's almost half the margin right there! It's no surprise we've looked much better once we've fixed that up, although we're still kicking way too many points.

At one stage in the 3rd quarter of that game there were 5 scoring shots in it, yet we were 51 points down. Then the were all the OOFs. I wrote back at the time that there were a few things to like about that game. Langdon looked good and we saw flashes of what the 'new gameplan' is going to be like but other than that, it was a sloppy round 1 performance where we shot ourselves in the foot until we gave up struggling.

As for the Geelong game, with a minute to go, Pendles was running through the middle but we were a forward short. Score a goal on that play and we win the game.

Make no mistake, this is a very, very good football team and if you don't believe me, just listen to Mick's presser next week Laughing

Jokes aside though, I'm pleasantly surprised with how well we are playing at the moment, especially with the personnel issues we've had. If we can get up over the ****s next week then it'll have been a sensational opening to the season.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:55 pm

At the end of this round we'll be in the top four, a game plus percentage in the 8, having played teams 2,3,4,5,9,10 from last year.

We've got games against 8,11,13,16,17,15 the next 6 games (7 weeks including the bye) with a small defender, running defender and tall defender in the two's who could easily improve our team (when they're all fit) and Ben Reid still to come back in the next few weeks.

With that draw, playing like we are now, we could be 10 - 2, like someone predicted, and entrenched in the top 4 by the half way mark. Who would've thought it eh?

- Ben
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:35 am

Brown26 wrote:
At the end of this round we'll be in the top four, a game plus percentage in the 8, having played teams 2,3,4,5,9,10 from last year.

We've got games against 8,11,13,16,17,15 the next 6 games (7 weeks including the bye) with a small defender, running defender and tall defender in the two's who could easily improve our team (when they're all fit) and Ben Reid still to come back in the next few weeks.

With that draw, playing like we are now, we could be 10 - 2, like someone predicted, and entrenched in the top 4 by the half way mark. Who would've thought it eh?

- Ben

Look, I just think we need to be careful not to overhype Tony. He's plainly a special player but he can only play one or two of those roles.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:00 am

think positive wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I'm happy to be 5th if that means the eagles beat the scum.

you almost want the flogs from pricefixer park to beat them so it creates a one game gap between fourth and fifth. a bit like your mother in law driving off a cliff in your new car.

Classic!

(Cars are insured!)

If the mother in law had life insurance - win win.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:32 am

Pies4Shaw, you're probably right. But imagine the extra cap space we'd have if he was taking 3 players spots! Razz

- Ben
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:05 am

Geek wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:
I never thought the round one performance was that bad.

I mean, yeah ok, it WAS bad, but it wasn't as bad as the score indicated. The main reason the scoreboard was so bad was because of three sequences where we missed an easy shot at goal and then Freo sliced up our atrocious kick in zones and got a goal. That's three 11 point turnarounds which is 33 points. That's almost half the margin right there! It's no surprise we've looked much better once we've fixed that up, although we're still kicking way too many points.

At one stage in the 3rd quarter of that game there were 5 scoring shots in it, yet we were 51 points down. Then the were all the OOFs. I wrote back at the time that there were a few things to like about that game. Langdon looked good and we saw flashes of what the 'new gameplan' is going to be like but other than that, it was a sloppy round 1 performance where we shot ourselves in the foot until we gave up struggling.

As for the Geelong game, with a minute to go, Pendles was running through the middle but we were a forward short. Score a goal on that play and we win the game.

Make no mistake, this is a very, very good football team and if you don't believe me, just listen to Mick's presser next week Laughing

Jokes aside though, I'm pleasantly surprised with how well we are playing at the moment, especially with the personnel issues we've had. If we can get up over the ****s next week then it'll have been a sensational opening to the season.

That comment shouldn't escape unnoticed. Gold!

MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:38 pm

So.
We are now in the top 4.
Had someone said to me after the freo game we would be in the too 4 before playing Carlton .......,

Then again, the last few weeks won't mean much unless we beat those Carlton pricks.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:45 pm

We're a game and percentage off top spot... Amazing the difference 5 weeks makes isn't it!

- Ben
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:17 pm

I am of the opinion that we are devaluing our last 2 wins.

Have a look at the Roos 3 games either side of when we played them. They overran Port who are one of the fittest teams beat Sydney at the SCG for the first time in like 10 or 11 years then knocked off Freo in Perth. They have knocked off some seriously good teams and we made them look 2nd rate.

The bummers were in a slump and faced 3 losses in a row but they came at us with everything they had plus a few kitchen sinks. Initially we struggled to cope under the pressure (remember they did same to the Hawks 3rd qtr a few weeks back) but we steadied and gave it back to them with twice as much interest and we broke them right down the middle.

We really need to consolidate now and break the scum because they are not in the same class as we are. We just need to keep applying the same pressure as we did against north and the last 3 qtrs against bummers and we will break them pretty quickly.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
I am of the opinion that we are devaluing our last 2 wins.

Have a look at the Roos 3 games either side of when we played them. They overran Port who are one of the fittest teams beat Sydney at the SCG for the first time in like 10 or 11 years then knocked off Freo in Perth. They have knocked off some seriously good teams and we made them look 2nd rate.

The bummers were in a slump and faced 3 losses in a row but they came at us with everything they had plus a few kitchen sinks. Initially we struggled to cope under the pressure (remember they did same to the Hawks 3rd qtr a few weeks back) but we steadied and gave it back to them with twice as much interest and we broke them right down the middle.

Yep. Don't want to over rate the games, because teams can have off nights. But the Roos are going very well at the moment. Against us they looked like like a bottom 4 side, never challenged us. Essendon were targeting ANZAC day as they always do. Winderlich was rested last week to be sure he'd be ready. And while they started well, once we got going, they too had no answer.

Our individual performances are nothing spectacular at the moment. Our offensive work is a bit haphazard and sometimes sloppy. But our pressure? There may be none better in the league right now. We've lifted enormously on what we showed last season and early this season, and it's this that wins you games of footy.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:39 am

Over the past 5 weeks we are ranked 2nd in defence (7th if you include RND1) and 6th for attack (13th)

In that 5 week period are conceding an average of 69.2 points per game just shaded by Port who are conceding 67.8.

Last edited by Johnno75 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:39 am

double post

Last edited by Johnno75 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: