Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Anzac Day match. Pies v. Dons - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

all the money has been for collingwood. i think the line if only 5.5. it was a very different story prior to round 5.
buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:25 pm

I am surprised at Ball's form this year. I didn't understand the logic of playing a player of his pace as a sub and there was minimal gain I thought for him playing the green vest role.

He has looked slow and sloppy during his games this year, and maybe I am pulling the trigger early on Luke, but Dwyer should return at his expense, at least for this week.

If his form doesn't pick up in the next 4-5 games, I am expecting this to be Luke's last year. If he can't impact games, he runs the risk that the same approach to list management that befell Jolly and Didak would be visited on him.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Christ a bit harsh, Bally was pretty good against the Ninthmond he always takes a hit. He snuck forward for a goal and never takes a backward step. He will be important if we are there in September.

www.facebook/the hybernators
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Ball's last full game was a ripper and Bucks said, only a few days ago, that Ball is 1st string midfielder for us (only a sub last game because of illness during the week) so it seems that those of you waiting for him to be dropped will have to wait a bit longer.

Last edited by roar on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:45 pm

He a grunt player and he is a fair bit off his best and 30 this year...

Thomas and Adams are the future and will most likely take Ball's spot eventually probably this year as you suggested buzz!

Ball should be ready to fire into the Bummers this week with such a soft weekend...Maybe the vest for Witts early? The rest of the team deserve to be there... the team is doing well with some consistency, which will keep Dwyer out - but if there are any niggles - Dwyer comes in.

therefore if all is well - No Change this week!

Az 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:33 pm
Post subject: Do we go unchanged again into Anzac day?Reply with quote

With our current selection headache there have been a few names thrown up there as to who should make way for others who are seemingly walk ups in our best 22. Blair, Langdon, Ball, and Keiffe are the names I am hearing discussed.

Langdon:
I'm of the opinion he should remain in our backline at least until one of Williams, Sinclair or Scharenberg are fit and rearing to go. The kid is one of the leading players in the league right now for rebound 50's I'm pretty sure. Lamumba might have just passed him in the Norf game. Although he's committed a few clangers in the past couple of games, surely he's shown he's more than capable at the required level and is currently the best person for that position.

Blair:
Has copped a lot of stick for his "quiet" games this year. Utter nonsense. This guy puts in more effort than a few of our players combined. He never stops chasing in our forward line, opposition players know it and can see the little terror hunting them down wherever they go. On pressure acts alone he would be rated extremely highly by the coaching staff. Although we have players who can finish a goal better, his defensive work puts him well ahead of a like for like player.

Ball:
I'll always love the guy for his relentless work ethic around the ground, but it's clear to see we have a plethora of inside mids that are currently banging down the door. Thomas, Adams, Kennedy, and to a lesser extent Dwyer are all playing pretty strongly right now. Should Ball make way for one of these guys? I'm thinking yes. Bucks is not however. He made it pretty well known in his post game presser that Bally is in our best starting midfield so at this point it looks like he is off the table when it comes to the selection axe.

Keiffe:
Was on the outer at the start of the year and looks like Browny's injury has saved his season. At times looked shaky defensively, but has one MAJOR advantage over Brown which is quite obviously his disposal. I for one cringe every time Browny is about to kick the ball out of defense, he is an absolute shocker when he is being asked to do anything other than spoil or mark. Lachie on the other hand is one of the better kicks going around the Westpac centre in recent times and although is defensively weaker, he has those moments of brilliance running out of defense and hitting someone up on a lead. Frosty is untouchable right now, so it's really touch and go here.

Is the obvious answer that we go unchanged?
LALU Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Brown in for Keeffe.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Jeez, some pretty early death sentences for Bally I reckon; he's the heart and soul of the club!

I've seen nothing from JT and Adams that would suggest they are ready to captain the engine room against the big boys at this stage

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Ball was very good against Richmond. Neither Thomas or Adams have played to that level this season. He's still clearly our best in and under player. Not sure Thomas and Adams will go past him this year, maybe next season.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:25 pm

^^That's the sensible move. Of the players available, Brown's the only walkup start, as our number 1 tall defender. If he's fit he will play, with Keeffe the most likely out. We won't play a lesser player just to keep a settled lineup.
prawnstar Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:27 pm

You can if you want. Don't know if I can go a few days without changing my jocks Razz
uncanny 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:10 pm

I sat on the bank of the Murray on Easter Saturday listening to the radio as the pies decimated the roos.
Expecting more of the same this weekend but with a major difference.
I'll be watching it all unfold watching from the southern stand
Not a time to get over confident but I'm looking forward to it.

Dwyer is the only possible in for me.
Maybe he gives Langdon a rest, with a bit of a shuffle given they aren't the same type of player. Depends on matchups.
Hope Frost plays on Daniher and gives him the first of many hidings to come.
Go pies!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:57 pm

This is gunna be good!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:58 pm

buzzlightyear wrote:
I am surprised at Ball's form this year. I didn't understand the logic of playing a player of his pace as a sub and there was minimal gain I thought for him playing the green vest role.

He has looked slow and sloppy during his games this year, and maybe I am pulling the trigger early on Luke, but Dwyer should return at his expense, at least for this week.

If his form doesn't pick up in the next 4-5 games, I am expecting this to be Luke's last year. If he can't impact games, he runs the risk that the same approach to list management that befell Jolly and Didak would be visited on him.

He was the sub because he had gastro during the weeek, or he would have played the whole game. Hes not quite as proficient as he was in 2010 but by gees hes still worth his spot any day. Guts determination, honest heart and bloody good example for all the kids

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:20 pm

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning toward there being no changes to our team.

By Jeez it's getting hard to break into our side. We've got Adams, Dwyer, Brown, Reid, Seedsman, Williams and Sinclair set to return at some stage soon....not to mention Freeman, Sharenberg and maybe even Broomhead. Such fierce competition for spots is what makes for a champion team.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12   

Jump to: