Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Anzac Day match. Pies v. Dons - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
Flu has been through the team and they were coming off a 6 day break after playing in 34 degree heat. There are reasons for the poor showing. We have seen them play much better and they won't be an easy beat next week.

Essendon should have beaten the hawks.

That's good enough reason for me to take them very seriously.

MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Don't let that loss to the aints last night fool you.
Essendon will come out firing as they always do against us on ANZAC Day.

All things being equal, if we play like we did yesterday and in the first three quarters against the Tigers, we should win.

There were some great passages of play from our boys against North. I can see the development and where the team is going. Much to like.

We're sitting on level 2A in the southern stand which looks an awful lot like level 3 to me, but, whatever.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Their collapse has started about 6 weeks earlier than usual this year. The peptide is turning. No draft picks means this was their last shot. It aint gonna happen Laughing
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Went to the VFL yesterday. Left at 3QT but to that point Dwyer was clearly our best player followed by Adams. Kennedy's form has dropped off a bit and won't be coming in this week. Brown was solid but may not come back in as we would have to drop either Frost (that won't happen) or Keefe who is the right height and reach for Daniher. I think we need to bring in Dwyer somehow as he looks red hot. Not sure who goes out. Blairy is not getting a lot of the ball but I suspect the coaches are happy with his pressure acts and he will stay. Ball won't be sub again so perhaps Thomas may miss out although doesn't deserve to or perhaps Langdon.

Selection is going to get harder shortly as Reid, Sinclair, Karnezis, Seedy, Oxley, Broomhead and perhaps Williams will be pressing. And then there is Scharenberg who I believe will be a lock for the second half of the year all going well with his feet.

After watching Essendon last night we should win as they have no avenues to goals at present and we have tightened up defensively each week. If Caff can shut down Watson and someone keep Heppell quiet we will kill them.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:52 pm

^^The question will be: is Goddard back? He's very important to their offense.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:00 pm

We win this game if we bring the pressure from the last two weeks, Essendon aren't a top 4 contending team, that's clear now, which means we should be beating them, even with the players we have out.

Their forward line and backline is experiencing real problems, and we should exploit that also.

No excuses, we should be 5-2 at the bye.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Langdon needs a spell. His foeld kicking has been sub par for most weeks. Blair needs a spell. Thomas is CLEAN. When all others fumbled yesterday, his mitts were vise like. He stays. Dwyer and Adams for Langdon and Blair. However, Langdon's kicking aside, if someone can tell me what his opponent has done over the last few weeks, I may be swayed to keep him.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Dwyer should come in for Blair. Ramsay looks to me like he is building to a senior opportunity at half back over the next few weeks (ideally against the Royal Park Easybeats) but if Langdon needs a break, JR might get a chance sooner. Like Raw Hammer, I think Thomas' clean ball-handling keeps him in the team. Players who can use it first time do well in finals.

Not sure about Adams coming in. I only saw the first half of the reserves yesterday but he did some very good and some very poor things whilst I was watching.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:20 pm

The big question is do we stick with Witts? I thought he was almost a liability against the Roos. However, if he goes out then White and Keeffe will both need to help out in the ruck. That might open up a spot for Brown to return.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:38 pm

MattyD wrote:
Don't let that loss to the aints last night fool you.
Essendon will come out firing as they always do against us on ANZAC Day.

All things being equal, if we play like we did yesterday and in the first three quarters against the Tigers, we should win.

There were some great passages of play from our boys against North. I can see the development and where the team is going. Much to like.

We're sitting on level 2A in the southern stand which looks an awful lot like level 3 to me, but, whatever.

it is the small uncovered level. i don't mind the view from there so long as it is not hosing down.

mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:20 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The big question is do we stick with Witts? I thought he was almost a liability against the Roos. However, if he goes out then White and Keeffe will both need to help out in the ruck. That might open up a spot for Brown to return.

I think it depends on whether Bellchambers returns or not. If he does we would probably go in with 2 rucks, if he doesn't we could leave Witts out.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:30 pm

It was a great victory on Saturday, and the most significant and pleasing aspect of it was the frenetic intensity of pressure. This was reminiscent of 2010 standards of intensity. If we can reproduce this level of intensity of Anzac Day, I believe we will win. And, given the consistency of our last three games, it seems more and more that this intensity is being incorporated by all our players automatically into our game plan. I think McCaffer's new tagging role symbolizes the new level of intensity that is becoming our "default" setting.
The second very significant aspect was the return of Travis Cloke to form, and the emergence of Jessie White as a second key forward who now syphons defenders away from Cloke. This is very ominous for all other teams!
Third very significant aspect is the impressive development of our defence with Jack Frost's terrific form and Alex Fasolo's aggressive defence on the half back flank.
I am hesitant about removing Blair from our team and replacing him with Dwyer (or Adams). I am wondering if those who suggest this are underestimating Blair's countless acts of pressure and going in and under for the ball.
I think our main question will be: do we play Witts ? North had several very slow big guys, and this balanced out Jarrod's lack of pace. As another post said, we need to consider carefully who Essendon selects before we select Jarrod Witts.
Quietly confident about Anzac Day.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

It was a great victory on Saturday, and the most significant and pleasing aspect of it was the frenetic intensity of pressure. This was reminiscent of 2010 standards of intensity. If we can reproduce this level of intensity of Anzac Day, I believe we will win. And, given the consistency of our last three games, it seems more and more that this intensity is being incorporated by all our players automatically into our game plan. I think McCaffer's new tagging role symbolizes the new level of intensity that is becoming our "default" setting.
The second very significant aspect was the return of Travis Cloke to form, and the emergence of Jessie White as a second key forward who now syphons defenders away from Cloke. This is very ominous for all other teams!
Third very significant aspect is the impressive development of our defence with Jack Frost's terrific form and Alex Fasolo's aggressive defence on the half back flank.
I am hesitant about removing Blair from our team and replacing him with Dwyer (or Adams). I am wondering if those who suggest this are underestimating Blair's countless acts of pressure and going in and under for the ball.
I think our main question will be: do we play Witts ? North had several very slow big guys, and this balanced out Jarrod's lack of pace. As another post said, we need to consider carefully who Essendon selects before we select Jarrod Witts.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:53 am

sixpoints wrote:
Nice work Alan Richardson. Your coaching made Essendon look like the duds they truly are. Nicely softened up for us to smash them.
Very noticeable that their forwards are lacking and that a few mids drop off when the pressure is applied. An excellent idea in tagging Heppel instead of Watson. Heppel sets them up from the back and his ball use was sorely missed. Maybe a job for a certain Mr Macaffer....

are you serious??? Alan's idea??? think you need to go back to our round 2 2013 against Dons to find out WHO came up with that idea!!!!...Can i give you a clue???
It involves Caff???

Do not take much notice of the result from sat night. Most teams either lose or play under par after returning from the west. Also the rumours of flu were pretty well justified, they lacked the running pressure we have seen from them.

Get ready for an ANZAC thriller...pies by 7.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: