Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Anzac Day match. Pies v. Dons - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:24 pm
Post subject: Pre Anzac Day match. Pies v. Dons - all comments pleaseReply with quote

Collingwood v. Essendon

MCG. Anzac Day. 2.40

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We owe the drug fiends one for last year. We're up and about now, playing some really good footy with important players starting to hit some good form too. We will smash the doped up filth by 10 goals.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:54 pm

After a great game at VFL. Id love to have Dwyre back in the side. I'd love to see him take Jarrod's spot but how can you drop Blair after such a great defensive display. Sammy would bring in much important finishing skill. I wouldn't touch Josh Thomas who also had a good inside game and is important for the midfield rotations. So as our Match committee will be in for some difficult decisions come Thursday.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:04 pm

mcaffer watson? will be interested if the umpires buy into the press bullshit on such a high profile game……
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:41 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
We owe the drug fiends one for last year. We're up and about now, playing some really good footy with important players starting to hit some good form too. We will smash the doped up filth by 10 goals.

You bet your sweet ass we will

roar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:49 pm

Could be no change, again.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Bombers currently struggling against St Vomit. We will smash them.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:55 pm

It's only half time at Etihad but I think it's safe to say we'll smash them on current form.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Before today I was very worried about our defensive running and the defensive combinations. Today I saw enough to convince me that when we are "on" we are a better side than I thout we would be this year.
I firmly believed our best 22 was a 5-11 side but had confidence that in 2yrs we were a top 4 side and a real premiership threat.
Today I saw enough to think we are a genuine top 4 chance with some luck with injuries.
Swanny returning to form, Cloke getting his hands on the ball (if he ever learns to kick straight he could kick 100+ a year), frost has been a huge find knew the kid had ability but WOW he has certainly came on quicker than I thought, Maxy is having his best year since 2010, Pendles is just simply the best mid fielder in the comp (yes I'm biased but who cares), Beams is showing why we missed him so much last year, Caff is showing why Bucks kept him as a work in progress, Grundy and Witts are learning of he job quickly and will only get better, White has given us the option to play Reid back if we require and he is fit, Fas is doing a better than fair job and will get better he is a real footballer this kid, Langdon is showing enough to keep his spot.
The other players not mentioned are playing there roles well within the team.
Our poor kicking at goal could still come back to haunt us but while we manage to restrict scoring and our mids can keep kicking goals and our forwards apply pressure we are in every game.
Special mention to Scotty Burns I think his experience at west coast has been invaluable to Bucks and the players.
The players are showing they believe in the coaches the plans and things can only get better as the year progresses.

Essendon are right now 28 down half way through the last quarter against a side who at best are mediocre.
If we play the way we did today and continue the improvement we are showing week to week I predict we will have a great victory on Anzac day.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:55 pm

bombers are 28 points. down late in the last. i am confident we will deal to them on friday.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:00 pm

SHOULD win this comfortably, history however suggests Essendon will win this one and next year as well
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:03 pm

If I was looking to make excuses for the bummers then the game over in the west last week in hot conditions would be it.

They'll lift for Anzac Day and showed against the hawks just a few weeks back there best is really good.

We must be ready.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Maybe they have received infraction notices.... ?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:18 pm

Goddard will be a big inclusion for the Dons on the rebound. Pleasantly surprised by our performance today. The Dons will be much better next week but as St KIlda showed tonight (relentless) pressure forces any team to falter.

My biggest concern for us is our disposal efficiency (DE) is appalling & ranks towards the bottom of the 18 teams rather than higher.

If we can improve our DE by 10% we will be bloody good team if we play as we did today (especially in the first 2-3 quarters).

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Nice work Alan Richardson. Your coaching made Essendon look like the duds they truly are. Nicely softened up for us to smash them.
Very noticeable that their forwards are lacking and that a few mids drop off when the pressure is applied. An excellent idea in tagging Heppel instead of Watson. Heppel sets them up from the back and his ball use was sorely missed. Maybe a job for a certain Mr Macaffer....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12   

Jump to: