Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Its black and white: Daisys no Blue

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
What more needs to be said on this issue?

Move or lock thread please.

You reckon? To borrow from Flashman: Please elaborate? Wink

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:26 pm

MJ23 wrote:
^ Fair enough.

Can only say I have no ill feelings towards Heater, Dick, Wellers or Dawes. Wished Rocca, Paul Williams and even Scotland well.

Really disliked Nick Davis and now Daisy as well as a few others who left the club and the reason is a combination of things.

I dont blame him for taking the offer.

If all was well though with him off field wise then our offer may have been better and he may have accepted less to stay. The benefits in being then a one club champion ( especially collingwood) would have paid out for him for the rest of his days.

Have to look at the Gibs situation. The guy could walk for a heap of money and probably at the minute isn't worth it yet he is prepared to stay a blue for less knowing that Daisy is on more with no club history !!

This is all fine, but totally based on an assumption, & we all know what happens when we assume!

You believe Daisy left, that it was his choice. I know that was not the case, but as I'm not prepared to talk about the source I don't expect anyone to take it as fact.
So look at what IS known.
Collingwood says it was a 'mutual' decision. No one here believes that, he either chose to leave or was pushed, so that makes Collingwood's statement a bald-faced plain old lie, no matter what you believe! They told the exact same lie about Heater, and (being in a very different position) Heater came out and told the world it was a lie; that he was told by Collingwood he wasn't wanted.

What is it about Daisy that makes us not believe him while we believe Heath? That he went to Carlton? Really? The offer was made by Carlton, no one else. It breaks my heart every time I see him in Navy Blue, I'm just grateful neither player went to Geelong, that would sting! I'm also grateful that Carlton is shit at the moment, makes it a tad easier

Then there are other things, Daisy's tweets before the move came from a guy who thought he was staying.

Collingwood's snotty quotes about him after the move (particularly from Pert & Buckley) sound like they come from people who wanted him gone.

There's also the massive pro-Buckley campaign starting from Copeland night 2013. Heath & Daisy were told not to attend, and the entire night was a Buckley love-fest, with every player interviewed swearing his allegiance to the great master coach. This was followed by the announcement of a two year extension of Buckleys contract and the removal from the club of all 'Brat-Pack' members except Swanny, who was clearly told to toe the line, I believe this is the reason for his underwhelming performances this year, people still don't get how much of the game is mental.

There's also Daisy's performances so far. Last time he came back from a long out (StKilda last year) he was BOG, and for Collingwood too. He was everywhere picking up the most possies on the ground by a mile and probably being the difference between the sides in a close game. Now suddenly he can't play? I've watched every game, his skill hasn't faded one iota, he is running himself into the ground, and yet he can't impact games like he did regularly at Collingwood. Why not? Could it be his heart isn't in it? To me he looks just plain uncomfortable in that jumper and desperately wanted to be friendly with his ex-teammates when they played us. Oh he'll get there, I have no doubt his form will return just like Buddy's did and everyone else's did. Maybe it's because Buddy wanted to move?

If it makes you feel better tell yourselves he wasn't all that great anyway, but make sure you don't watch any games like the 2010 or 2011 finals series, or last years StKilda game to name but a few, your illusion will be shattered.

But alway's remember, your dislike is based entirely on an assumption, one you don't have a shred of evidence for. I know you don't.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Oh, nice try with the "lock the thread" crap Swoop! Wassamatta? Running out of baseless remarks? Or are you really Gary Pert and don't want Collingwood's procession of lies to be noticed? (yeah, I know it's dumb, but I'm supposed to be Daisy!)

Did you see Thursday night? Confident teams fully behind their coach & his game plan generally manage to score more than 1 goal in a half of football. Had you noticed that too?

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
Doc63 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:34 pm

35forever wrote:

This is all fine, ............

Six days without a post in this thread. It was all but dead and buried. But no, you had to dredge it up again with another verbose, inaccurate load of Collingwood hating tripe.

You clearly have serious issues, requiring urgent professional help before its too late.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:41 pm

35forever wrote:
Oh, nice try with the "lock the thread" crap Swoop! Wassamatta? Running out of baseless remarks? Or are you really Gary Pert and don't want Collingwood's procession of lies to be noticed? (yeah, I know it's dumb, but I'm supposed to be Daisy!)

Did you see Thursday night? Confident teams fully behind their coach & his game plan generally manage to score more than 1 goal in a half of football. Had you noticed that too?

That post just proves to me that you're actually anti-Collingwood mate. I'm sure your secretly hoping we fail. Why don't you just buy a scum jumper and be done with it.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:46 pm

I think we should offer $900K per season to get him back. 35forever that is (he's obviously been kidnapped by a Blooz supporter and forced to give up his Nick's password), not "Ankles".
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Quote:
But alway's remember, your dislike is based entirely on an assumption, one you don't have a shred of evidence for. I know you don't.

Irony...
4everpies 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Stupied wrote:
Quote:

Irony...

Now now, don't you know that he knows everything and the rest of us know nothing. Rolling Eyes
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:23 pm

sigh!
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:23 pm

35forever wrote:

Seriously????

35forever 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:52 pm

Haha, the two old standbys eh?
I hate Collingwood, and I'm mental. Spectacularly brilliant rhetorical skill on display at Nicks!
Mind you, there is one piece of (totally accidental) logical accuracy there. I'm mental, and I hate Collingwood, therefore anyone who hates Collingwood is mental! I agree completely! Utterly logical!

But no, I don't hate Collingwood, those who stand by & do nothing while the club trickles slowly down the ladder are the ones who don't care about the club. Those who abuse & curse past greats are the ones who don't understand what Collingwood is, what it means. They're usually the same ones who piss off at time if were losing to get a jump on the traffic.
I saw my first Collingwood game at age 4 and had my first jumper at age 5. No one else in my family were Collingwood supporters, I wasn't bred to be a magpie. In the 45 years since I've never supported anyone else for so much as a game. Many were the days I wished I could barrack for a Hawthorn or North, the teams racking up flags while we languished on that number...13, but it just wasn't possible, I couldn't do it, not then, not now, and not ever.

But for me "Collingwood" that magical word, meant the players, the tradition, the great games, the ethos. Not the administrators.

So I'll say it again. And I'll keep saying it all I damn well please. Those who believe Daisy Thomas left because he wanted to leave for whatever reason, are assuming, as there is not shred 1 of any form of evidence for that belief. and I know they have not one shred of proof, because it would have been used in this thread a thousand times.

I'm not saying I know everything, (though I'll back my knowledge of Collingwood Football Club against that of pretty much anyone here) I'm not making wild assertions, I'm not even calling for the removal of Buckley or anyone else.

I'm stating the simple fact that suggesting DT wanted to leave is an assumption, pure & simple. You have no evidence and have been supplied with a mountain of it to the contrary.

I'm also saying that I detest the practice of treating people who have given their all for the jumper - even for one game. It's weak, disloyal, and reeks of a poor character.

If that makes me a crazed Collingwood-hater then so be it. Those who hold such opinions are not people I care a tinker's cuss about, so go nuts! I'll keep playing!!!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:11 pm

What's a tinker's cuss?
#SIDEBYSIDE
Scribe 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Quote:
35forever: I'm stating the simple fact that suggesting DT wanted to leave is an assumption, pure & simple.

I'm confused.

If Dai$y doesn't want to go, he doesn't sign at Carlton.

What are we assuming?
Stupied 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Quote:
I'm stating the simple fact that suggesting DT wanted to leave is an assumption, pure & simple. You have no evidence and have been supplied with a mountain of it to the contrary.

Dales Twitter does not qualify as a 'mountain of evidence'. Nor do any of your unqualified statements. For gods sakes, move on. This thread was dead and buried until you bizarrely resurrected it for another unreadable wall of text.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:55 pm

35forever wrote:
So I'll say it again. And I'll keep saying it all I damn well please. Those who believe Daisy Thomas left because he wanted to leave for whatever reason, are assuming, as there is not shred 1 of any form of evidence for that belief. and I know they have not one shred of proof, because it would have been used in this thread a thousand times.

...and Daisy's own words?

Quote:
I've obviously had a tough couple of years and when this opportunity arose with the free agency and the like, I thought it was just the right time to move on," he said at Melbourne Airport on Monday, before flying out for a holiday.

Quote:

"I called him (Buckley) up and then obviously went in and had a meeting with him. Bucks has got no hard feelings. I explained my decision to him and he was happy with that," he said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dale-thomas-confident-of-fresh-start-at-carlton-20131007-2v3mx.html#ixzz32RpMns8t

What? Are you calling him a liar?

What's your theory? He didn't want to go but was forced out and is just such a lovely Dalai-Lamaesque character that he decided to, I don't know, protect the people who shafted him by pretending it was his idea?

OK then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18   

Jump to: