Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It’s black and white: Daisy’s no Blue

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gorbachev, tear down this thread!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:46 pm

^^^^Laughing Got a big chuckle from that...and I agree.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:02 pm

The future triple Brownlow Medalist compiled the impressive total of 8 disposals against the powerhouse that is St Kilda.

Maybe he is going to win them under the C. Judd Rule.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:19 pm

You know you're stuggling when Gibbs gets 30 more possessions than you.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:35 pm

$700,000 divided by 22 divided by 8: that's just under four grand per disposal. Good one blues!
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:19 am

Scum top disposal getters read like a who's who is gutless front running AFL players!

Thomas is a shadow of his shadow.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:08 pm

I watched last night and Thomas was atrocious.

And I only say that in hindsight as I barely noticed him during the game (though to be fair it was a completely forgettable game and a shining example of why Monday night football is bum).

On form he should be dropped but that would mean Mick would be admitting he has either
a) played an unfit player for 8 rounds on reputation alone
or
b) stuffed up in getting him in the first place as his body is cooked.

Hence Daisy will be there next week doing stuff all and getting more unpopular with blues fans and teammates by the week.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Flashman wrote:

And I only say that in hindsight as I barely noticed him during the game (though to be fair it was a completely forgettable game and a shining example of why Monday night football is bum).

On form he should be dropped but that would mean Mick would be admitting he has either
or

Hence Daisy will be there next week doing stuff all and getting more unpopular with blues fans and teammates by the week.

It's a funny thing but after a win, most of the dumb blues fans I know want to give Daisy a chance to shine. After a loss, they want his head......... Rolling Eyes
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Was he not playing a back line shut down role?
Did that a few times with us and opposition supporters carried on about him being no good.
I recall that was the making of him.
Could be that he is expecting too much of himself and they have given him a simple role.
Completing a role for the team while he gets match fit and run in his legg's is what they should have done from the start.

I hope he doesn't come good. Really disappointed in him however last night is not so much a form guide as it is a tapered fitness plan I think.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Lazza wrote:
Flashman wrote:

or

It's a funny thing but after a win, most of the dumb blues fans I know want to give Daisy a chance to shine. After a loss, they want his head......... Rolling Eyes

I am now over dollar daisy, he is the scums problem now, he is way, way overpaid, and is a shadow of his former self. Over him now. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:49 pm

MJ23 wrote:

I hope he doesn't come good. Really disappointed in him

Not having a go. But why?

He left for almost double the money and double the contract length. I don't think any player would have stayed in the same situation. Loyalty only goes so far and is a two way street.

Is it simply about Carlton? Or about Daisy's usual smartarse comments? A bit unfair if that's the case. Players can't take into account fan rivalry when making decisions about their livelihood, and Daisy's comments, since leaving, have been very mild.

Personally, I'm far more disappointed in Heater. He wasn't poached and the club did not receive over generous compensation for him. He threw away his career at Collingwood by being a hugely disruptive head case over the last couple of years, to the point where the club did not want him there. Very disappointing for such a popular and talented player, especially given his family's history.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:40 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

I hope he doesn't come good. Really disappointed in him

Not having a go. But why?

He left for almost double the money and double the contract length. I don't think any player would have stayed in the same situation. Loyalty only goes so far and is a two way street.

Is it simply about Carlton? Or about Daisy's usual smartarse comments? A bit unfair if that's the case. Players can't take into account fan rivalry when making decisions about their livelihood, and Daisy's comments, since leaving, have been very mild.

Personally, I'm far more disappointed in Heater. He wasn't poached and the club did not receive over generous compensation for him. He threw away his career at Collingwood by being a hugely disruptive head case over the last couple of years, to the point where the club did not want him there. Very disappointing for such a popular and talented player, especially given his family's history.

I think it's been fairly well covered.
His attitude when Mick first left. His attitude to bucks and the club. His attitude to rehab. The contract offer first up he knocked back and him telling kids not to throw his jumper out. What he has had to say since the move and the fact he has gone to the team I hate most.
I actually don't blame him for taking the money he was offered as he hadn't done enough to deserve it with us and I'm wrapt with the compensation we got in letting him go. There are plenty of players who knock back better offers to stay loyal and back themselves in.
Heater didn't want to go. He may not of fallen in line as he should have but he was loyal and it was more about self control than deliberate disruption.

Simply, players may not care about fan rivalry but us fans - well duh we are fans and we do, so I don't want him to succeed at our biggest rival.

Funny though, I really don't like Murphy, Chapman, Mackie, ballentyne etc the usual suspects. Love though Kennedy, hodge, bartel etc. great players, better blokes.
You have to wonder why Thomas at such a high pick was never mentioned as a possible best and fairest or in the leadership group.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:46 pm

What more needs to be said on this issue?

Move or lock thread please.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:59 pm

I share the disappointment of him going to Carlton, but don't put any blame on him over it. He was doing what was right for his career, just as the club was doing what was best for it by letting him go. Yes, other players get better offers. But double the pay over double the contract length, when you've had injury problems? That's tough to pass up.

The only comment I've heard about, that potentially went over the line, is about kids not throwing their jumpers out. To me, when this comment was made, if it was, I've not heard it, there must have been some doubt as to whether or not he was going.

The comment that I have heard was about Heater and off-field issues at Collingwood. Just a normal Daisy joke. He and Heater are very close. He's wearing his number at Carlton, so i can't see any malice in that.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convince anyone. But most of us felt he was an ok bloke when he played for the Pies. I don't see him any differently now. But as you say this has been done to death, though I've tried to stay away from most of it, so we'll just leave it at that.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:22 pm

^ Fair enough.

Can only say I have no ill feelings towards Heater, Dick, Wellers or Dawes. Wished Rocca, Paul Williams and even Scotland well.

Really disliked Nick Davis and now Daisy as well as a few others who left the club and the reason is a combination of things.

I dont blame him for taking the offer.

If all was well though with him off field wise then our offer may have been better and he may have accepted less to stay. The benefits in being then a one club champion ( especially collingwood) would have paid out for him for the rest of his days.

Have to look at the Gibs situation. The guy could walk for a heap of money and probably at the minute isn't worth it yet he is prepared to stay a blue for less knowing that Daisy is on more with no club history !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18   

Jump to: