Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Too many talls?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:19 pm
Post subject: Too many talls?Reply with quote

When Brown returns, possibly this week, my feeling is we would have to drop another tall from our defensive team. Given that Frost is in such good form, I can't see him losing his spot, and with Maxy playing so well, my feeling is Keeffe may have to make way.

Up forward, barring injuries or serious losses of form, we will likely have the same issue when Reid returns. Can we play all of Cloke, White, Witts and Reid up forward? Obviously the answer is no. So given the availability of all our talls, my feeling is that Keeffe and Witts, may struggle to hold their spots, as our remaining talls - Grundy, Cloke, White, Brown, Reid and Frost - are secure in our best 22. Obviously, it's a good problem to have, but somehow I'd like to see Witts, especially, hold his spot, for his development.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, if we ever get a clear injury list, there will be some good players playing in the VFL.

Can't have Brown, Frost, Keeffe and Max in the same back line. Similarly, can't have all of Cloke, Witts, White and Reid in the forward line.

Good problem to have, though.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:54 pm

Would rather have any of the scenarios outlined above than the 'Western Bulldogs' disease of having dwarfs running around as KPP's.

Frost, Keeffe, Reid down back.

Cloke, White and Witts up forward.

Hard to leave out Maxy on current form though; he's always been a favourite of mine and its great to see him approaching the AA form of several seasons back...

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:57 pm

The mix of talls is spot on at the moment. So right now if Brown is back it will be for Keefe. When Reid is back it will be for Witts and White will play more of the 2nd ruckman relief role.

Keefe will have to add a couple of strings to his bow (unless Frost loses form) i.e. play up forward as swingman or as the 2nd ruck

slydog81 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Ive thought this too.

I think Brown and Frost are the go to guys atm.

Personally I would like to See Reid in the backline until Frost develops but would be happy to swing him fwd depending on the opposition.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:24 pm

You can never have too many talls.

www.facebook/the hybernators
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Reid into the side pushing out Witts.
Frost a spell off for a spell when Brown comes back but I reckon he'll be rested for at least another 2-3 weeks to make sure he's shoulder is cherry ripe.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:59 pm

Frost is fast enough to play on smaller types, he doesn't need to just take the talls. I think he has just nudged ahead of Keeffe in the pecking order even though Keeffe has also successfully played on shorter forwards.

Depending on matchups, Brown will be first picked in the backline if fit. Reid is the swingman, if he starts back and we need him forward we need flexibility to move someone else back.

Up forward Cloke is a lock and White is becoming one. Witts and Grundy alternating ruck and key forward is good future planning, they need game time, but Reid right now is far better as a forward than both put together.

I think it's one of those situations that may change week to week, much as it's better to have a settled back 6.

So, in summary, I have NFI how it's going to work out but agree it's a nice problem to have.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:47 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Frost is fast enough to play on smaller types, he doesn't need to just take the talls. I think he has just nudged ahead of Keeffe in the pecking order even though Keeffe has also successfully played on shorter forwards.

Depending on matchups, Brown will be first picked in the backline if fit. Reid is the swingman, if he starts back and we need him forward we need flexibility to move someone else back.

Up forward Cloke is a lock and White is becoming one. Witts and Grundy alternating ruck and key forward is good future planning, they need game time, but Reid right now is far better as a forward than both put together.

I think it's one of those situations that may change week to week, much as it's better to have a settled back 6.

So, in summary, I have NFI how it's going to work out but agree it's a nice problem to have.

I think I agree that you have NFI....and neither do I. Laughing
pablo 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:59 pm

I started to put together my back six, then couldn't resist doing the whole thing, then couldn't resist making it what I would like to see as the season progresses (with a an eye to the future).

My only issue is that the team might be a little small. Good KPP's, but, a whole lotta midgets.... would be nice to have Fyfe/Pendlebury types all over the place!

B: Toovey Brown Scharenberg

HB: Lumumba Frost Fasolo

C: Sidebottom Swan Young

HF: Blair Cloke Dwyer

F: Elliot Reid White

Fol: Grundy Pendlebury Beams

Int: Adams Sinclair Macaffer

Sub: Kennedy

In danger:
Blair
Young

Others
Maxwell- retiring?
Ball - retiring?
Goldsack - not a fan, probably unfairly
Witts - really wish I could squeeze him in somewhere
Keefe - I like him, but too one dimensional when compared to Frost and Scharenberg (I hope!)

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:45 pm

No room for Freeman?
Az 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 pm

I'll assume you've left out Marley on the basis of his current situation, but I'd definitely have Sincs in front of Faz by a mile.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:59 pm

I'm thinking the best 22 will get on the park regardless? Right?
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:04 pm

B: Toovey Brown Williams

HB: Frost Reid Maxwell

C: Sidebottom Swan Young

HF: Scharenberg Cloke Dwyer

F: Elliot White Fasolo

Fol: Grundy Pendlebury Beams

Int: Adams Sinclair Macaffer

Freeman, Sinclair, Blair, Oxley, Kennedy, Witts, Ramsay, Broomhead.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:30 am

stui magpie wrote:

Stu agree with this I think frosty could easily play on the mid sized forwards. It is a great dilemma to hae that's for sure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: