Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Damien "The Ambulance Chaser" Barret Embarssing hi

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:25 pm
Post subject: Damien "The Ambulance Chaser" Barret Embarssing hiReply with quote

Quote:
IF Taylor Adams doesn't get down on his knees and pray thanks to the Match Review Panel for its leniency every night for the next 10... Then he should.

What a Joke from that Flog.

Nope - Adams got Screwed as there was not Head Contact.

AFL will never have a go at the MRP.

Plus Selwood is a AFL Love Child

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-11/sliding-doors-round-four

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Hmm, wonder why he considers him lucky. And pray for the next 10 weeks? Is that how long Adams should have got Surprised.

The ruling was:

High contact - debatable on the video, but I consider this correct
Low impact - hard to argue against this, Selwood was stunned but played the game out.
Negligent conduct - this is where you could argue. I can see where someone might think it should have been reckless or even intentional. But again, there is evidence from the video to suggest that he did little more than stand his ground.

I don't think there was ever a hope that Adams would get off. But I don't think he's especially lucky to have only got one week. Certainly not 10 weeks of praying lucky.

Edit: Ok. 10 nights. That's more sensible Wink. So he should have got 17 days, according to Barrett.

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:21 pm

I hate Damien Barrett. HATE.
#SIDEBYSIDE
Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Damian Barrett is a total pussy.

He represents the worst in football journalism in my opinion (yep even worse than Robbo). He's overreacts to everything, sensationalizes trivialities, offers his opinion when it isn't warranted, reports innuendo and scuttlebutt as fact and is hopelessly out of his depth reporting on anything that isn't boring football politics. Plus on the few occasions he's been on the receiving end of some well deserved criticism he gets all haughty and personally insulted, like the precious sook he is.

I won't listen to or watch any show he's involved in because I'm not a violent person and his smug, arrogant visage makes me start to twitch, grind my teeth and have an overwhelming urge to destroy something.

And I disagree with his opinion on Adams suspension also.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Assuming Barrett meant he should have got two weeks instead of 1. Massive flog.
The bump would have been perfectly fine if Adams hadn't grazed Selwoods chin with his shoulder. (Yes Dave I do think he caught his chin even if the video was inconclusive). Blame the new zero tolerance rules for head contact for that one, and the fact Selwood carried on like he had been punched in the face.
In reality though, Adams got a reprimand which was upgraded from carry over points, so the MRP probably got it right.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Flashman wrote:

He represents the worst in football journalism in my opinion (yep even worse than Robbo).

Sorry. No one's worse than Robbo. Maybe Barrett's just as bad but I've not been exposed to his opinion as much as I have Robbo's. The bloke can barely write and he increasingly focuses on off-field matters that he seems to have no idea about other than how he "feels" about it (Caro-lite if you will). It's like one of the lower quality internet bloggers was somehow made head football writer for a major newspaper.

The Age may have it's problems, but they do at least still employ writers.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:58 pm

+ one on the Robbo hate.

Barrett is a gutter dweller but Robbo takes the cake when it comes to making me want to throw up. Pro-Essendon and shamelessly overt anti-Collingwood attitude and just a lazy slob of a human being. I farken DETEST him

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:58 pm

I was shocked he even got 1 week.

Selwood ran into Adams just like Stokes did to Jolly last year.

If a player does that and cops 1 on the chin surely he is the one at fault.

...Scrub that, it's the mrp's fault.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Neither of them are as bad as Luke Darcy. I think he presented a show with Barrett last year—Barrett looked reasonable and intelligent in comparison, and that really is saying something.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:18 pm

Don't get me wrong, Robbo is garbage as well.

His articles are ridiculously Essendon-centric and now he's the mouthpiece for the Hird family he's hopelessly compromised as a journalist.

He's the journalistic equivalent (and probably the literal one too) of the pub bore. You know the type. They bail you up and ramble on about all sorts of ill informed gibberish, and are pig headed, arrogant, know it alls who are never wrong ever.

But Barrett is more punchable and that trumps it for me.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:36 pm

I agree with Barrett for once.

Adams hit the AFL golden boy Joel Selwood, so you would expect the MRP to hand you the maximum penalty. As such, one week was getting off extremely lightly.

matrix10 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Flashman wrote:

He represents the worst in football journalism in my opinion (yep even worse than Robbo). He's overreacts to everything, sensationalizes trivialities, offers his opinion when it isn't warranted, reports innuendo and scuttlebutt as fact and is hopelessly out of his depth reporting on anything that isn't boring football politics. Plus on the few occasions he's been on the receiving end of some well deserved criticism he gets all haughty and personally insulted, like the precious sook he is.

I won't listen to or watch any show he's involved in because I'm not a violent person and his smug, arrogant visage makes me start to twitch, grind my teeth and have an overwhelming urge to destroy something.

And I disagree with his opinion on Adams suspension also.

qft

robbo is like the deranged povo kid at school who just lies through hsi teeth and you feel a bit sorry for

Barrett is like the entitled little rich boy who dobs his mates in and then runs and hides behind tecahers when confronted
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:33 pm

Personally I think Selwood is bloody lucky. Given he initiated the contact (basically, kinda) he should've been reported for head butting. That carries quite a long suspension, head butting....

Given all Adams did was stand his ground (he turned his body to protect himself from Selwoods momentum) he's a bit stiff to get anything, but thems the rules, if you get the head, you get a week unfortunately. Ask Nat Fyfe.

- Ben
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:57 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
+ one on the Robbo hate.

Barrett is a gutter dweller but Robbo takes the cake when it comes to making me want to throw up. Pro-Essendon and shamelessly overt anti-Collingwood attitude and just a lazy slob of a human being. I farken DETEST him

Also Forgot a Drunk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: