Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Oh how i wish!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

that bottom level of the ponny is a problem...case in point last match against richmond...the punt rd end lvl 1 was solid...our end seemed to have more empty seats than not ...in regards to flags etc the classic example was the final v port last year...their C/S looked great with oversized flags...all we seemed to have is banners....is this a club enforced mantra regarding flag size...we should be the best C/S but unfortunately it just isnt happening....
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:37 am

Hmm, not for me I don't think. To me, footy's about the footy. The fans of course are important too, but they are not the entertainment.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:58 pm

I think there is definite merit in Joffa's central argument, there is definitely room for us to do more to show we care. At the moment all we do is the slow chant when we're firing, we don't even do the "TOOVES" thing anymore!

We CAN be the important 23rd player, it would offset some of the home ground advantages our opponents enjoy.

Lets get the Toovey thing going again, just to show we can go a bit nuts, and how about we add another...

how about a big 'Lu-MUM-ba' when Harry gets it or takes off on one of his runs?

How about it? Any takers? Is there enough clout on Nicks to get it started? Surely Joff has the power?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:58 pm

DP

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:07 am

35forever wrote:
I think there is definite merit in Joffa's central argument, there is definitely room for us to do more to show we care. At the moment all we do is the slow chant when we're firing, we don't even do the "TOOVES" thing anymore!

We CAN be the important 23rd player, it would offset some of the home ground advantages our opponents enjoy.

Lets get the Toovey thing going again, just to show we can go a bit nuts, and how about we add another...

How about it? Any takers? Is there enough clout on Nicks to get it started? Surely Joff has the power?

From where I was sitting Toovey 'noise' did occur. However I was next to the CS so I'm not sure what it was like around the ground as a whole.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 am

http://nesn.com/2014/04/soccer-fans-create-ring-of-fire-delaying-greek-cup-kickoff-video/

I think this was hilarious loved seeing it on the TeeVee but wouldn't wanna be there. Soccer supporters have a different less even handed mindset to AFL supporters, I'd rather have a season where we are a little less vocal than be involved in shit like this.

If Joffa wants to incite a riot let him do it when he goes to see his beloved soccer teams.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:13 pm

1061 wrote:
http://nesn.com/2014/04/soccer-fans-create-ring-of-fire-delaying-greek-cup-kickoff-video/

I think this was hilarious loved seeing it on the TeeVee but wouldn't wanna be there. Soccer supporters have a different less even handed mindset to AFL supporters, I'd rather have a season where we are a little less vocal than be involved in shit like this.

If Joffa wants to incite a riot let him do it when he goes to see his beloved soccer teams.

Please don't insult me and take me far greater than that of an idiot Smile

You'll find me after most games chatting and having Pics taken with opposition fans..My motto from over the years is pretty well known by one and all..Hate the club Love the people.

Passion is dying and if we don't do something it will be gone forever I guess that's the crutch of this convo Smile Without wanting to be embarrassingly repetitive..We all need to talk about it Smile
Thank you

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:18 pm

35forever wrote:

Nice posting and thank you..Surely the Ponsford stand must be and or must be promoted as an active supporters area ?

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Ian wrote:
that bottom level of the ponny is a problem...case in point last match against richmond...the punt rd end lvl 1 was solid...our end seemed to have more empty seats than not ...in regards to flags etc the classic example was the final v port last year...their C/S looked great with oversized flags...all we seemed to have is banners....is this a club enforced mantra regarding flag size...we should be the best C/S but unfortunately it just isnt happening....

Bingo mate Smile
The size of flags is governed by our beloved MCC, The cheersquad was excellent yesterday but again I say 150-200 people in only half a bay is not enough..We need the surrounding bays to get involved Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:23 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Why didn't Joffa want to go to the footy last week and prefer to watch it on TV?
Because the footy for the spectator at the ground has become boring, lonely, regulated, corporatised, predictable, lacking passion and devoid of the one thing that makes the footy worthwhile!
That is the tribal factor!
Lets face it, 36 adults running around a paddock trying to kick some leather thru 2 big sticks is pretty bizarre.
But it makes sense only if you tie yourself to a tribe and for us, it is the black and white tribe!
Humans are tribal by nature and in modern society we need some tribe to attach ourselves to.
And the place where the most important tribal event occurs is at the game!
Vic Park was the ultimate experience for our tribe, a day at Vic park was a religious experience - as an atheist that's where I want my ashes to be scattered.
People got there at 9 in the morning and watched 3 Collingwood games.
There was complete and utter tribal immersion that finally finished at 5pm
No kiss cam! No ads on the score board! No corporates! Full strength beer!
No signs saying text anti social behaviour to! No over zealous secruity!
PLenty of yelling and screaming! Plenty of banners and floggers! Plenty of torn paper flying about! We had a tribal experience that was satisfying even though there were negatives such as plenty of fights.
We have thrown out all the good things to overcome some negatives and we now have a sterile and mostly unsatisfying crowd experience that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
A 6 pack in front of the tv seems to be the only option.
Even then the silly missus threatens to ring the police because i am usually yelling too much!
This really is a serious issue because if footy just becomes a tv sport then it is doomed in the long run.

Well said mate and thank you Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:25 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Thanks for the reply Joffa, but you've got your royalty mixed up!! I ain't Maltese........ Wink
Laughing Laughing

Someone from the club has to take note of some of these points; surely??

Instead of trying to attract the "theatre goer" type that will attend the footy if there isn't much else to do, how about listening to the very valid opinions of those that would miss their mothers' funeral if it clashed with a Collingwood game.

Once you've lost us - it will be forever.
But don't worry, in our places will be those that only go to a few games a year, and only if we're winning.......

Sorry mate for the name mix up... it was very early in the morning Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:26 pm

So what do we do ??????
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:35 pm

The problem has surely got something to do with the Ponsford behind the goals. It is always half empty. I'm a social club member with access to all games but end up standing behind the goals because the seats are reserved.

I understand people have reserved seat memberships, but what is the point if they don't turn up!? It looks bad on the TV- the opposition end is always full, and the most empty seats are around our cheer squad. This must change.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:38 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
So what do we do ??????

Nothing. You can’t create something like that

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:52 pm

its a disgrace that that the general public must sit row AA and above on the top deck. What you end up with are full seats at the very top and literally 20 rows of empty seats below. it looks awful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: