Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Oh how i wish!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been a pleasure reading some of these replies and thank you...Im fired up at 0525 am LOL im a silly old bugger. i just feel alone with the sentiments im trying to get across..Footy should be enjoyable not a chore.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:11 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WE only had that passion Joffa, back in the glory days of ol Vic Park. And I mean way back in the 60s-80s, when I went a lot out there. Standing near the old scoreboard the passion was amazing, the yelling, laughter, fury, jibes, banter, loud barracking, on the terraces. Of course it was in the Rush stand too, and the old one eyed stand, and the social club area. The Ryder stand got us many a free kick, such was the roar of the barrackers, screaming for a free. THOSE were the glory days, the "salad days of my youth " as George Orwell once said, and the passion was bloody marvellous.
Sadly, that era is gone now, footy is very much more sterile, the Corporates, chardonnay sets have moved in, and the Ponny has become a bit sedate, not enough characters go to the footy now, the game was once the game of the working class masses, but now its too damn expensive to take the kids at times, the prices are pretty bad for food and drink too.
Yep, a bygone era now long gone, RIP the Victoria Park Passion !!

I agree up to a point Piesnchess. However towards the end of the Vic Park days, a few absolutely bloody feral magpie members used to spoil it for all by verbally abusing Collingwood players more than the opposition or even the umpires. I know that this used to start fights among magpie fans and piss many people off. That was not magpie passion but primeval stupidity. Evil or Very Mad
Passion is great but there is a very fine line between passionate and primitive behaviour. I still stand to be convinced that some supporters know the difference, as we see this type of thing even on Nick's......... Rolling Eyes

Lazza, gotta be honest mate, I can honestly say, I never ever, saw any of that type of behaviour every time I went, though I hasten to add, I only ever stood in the one position , Yarra falls end, just down from the old scoreboard, near the right hand point post. Never saw any of it, just plenty of rabid barraking, abuse of the umps and Opposition, and general mayhem and hilarity. the only time I can recall, when the players were booed off the ground, was way back in the early seventies, when we got absolutely smashed by the Hawks-what else is new-and some of our guys seemed to give up in the last qtr, and the whole side got booed off the ground, mainly by the ryder stand mob, I didn't boo, not my style at all. I do miss the old gal and going there, but im glad I have memories of how football once was, the old suburban type trip to the footy. Exclamation Wink

Fair enough Piesnchess.

I can only speak about some tools in the old Collingwood members stand as that's where I used to be. Cool
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:25 pm

John Wren wrote:
why don't they make part of the ground level of the ponny standing room or "active area" only? create a terrace in one bay of the ponny.

Best idea you've ever had Jock/Wren/Pochahontas. Smile

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:52 pm

Would love more time to elaborate on these points..........

Anyways -

This whole "entertainment" thing has got to stop!!
It is bloody frustrating, and it absolutely kills the atmosphere leading into every quarter. The start of every quarter is flat as a tack at the moment. Take note if you haven't already noticed people.
The stupid loud pop-music leading up to each siren - where is the roar of the crowd?? Half the people don't even realise the game is on until 20 seconds into each quarter. I've looked up from a conversation a couple of times to see the ball on the wing or half forward flank.

Kiss cam?? REALLY?? REALLY?? Enough said.

This absolutely absurd dance troupe.
Has this brought 1 extra person to the football?? I think not.
And it is a disgrace that the focus is attempted to be taken away from the little league kids during the half-time break for this rubbish.

The seating arrangements in the Ponsford are not working at the moment.
Great idea in theory to look after paid up reserved seat members in the prime spots, but the no-shows kill the atmosphere at 60-70% of home games.
An option worth discussing is a check-box on the membership form to gauge if members are likely to attend most games, with those attending more often to be given M31, M32, M33 bays. These are the ones front-and-centre on television too. This can be referenced against previous years' attendance in this day of electronic barcodes etc as a means of confirmation.
(Obviously those who wait for N level, and those that prefer to sit at the Punt Rd end not relevant to this particular discussion.)

........ and time slips away...........

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:02 pm

BRING BACK THE RESERVES AND UNDER 19s !!! -Things were never the same once that got the arse.!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:09 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Cam wrote:
Half pissed blokes sing at the pub, fight over nothing and are 'passionate' too. The average Aussie male will not sing for long unless they are tanked. You can't have one without the other I'm afraid. I'm sure most of em are plonked at the soccer in Europe as well.

I've been to Celtic Park and stood with the green and white brigade ( I was in heaven ) Been to Stamford Bridge, Fratton Park, St James Park, Upton Park home of the mighty hammers, Never saw one incident or bit of trouble, All i saw was passion, i saw folk who unashamedly love their club in song chants and support.

TO be objectively fair joffa, I think, as an earlier poster pointed out, at least 99% of those Pommie soccer crowds are BLOKES, no gals in there, where our game is totally different re female gender. I admire the way the Pom fans sing along the entire game, I don't know how the do it for so long, two verses of " Good ol Collingwood" is enough for me, post game ! Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Joffa, I remember watching a Newcastle game at st James park on tv a few years ago and saw you standing behind the goals with the Newcastle fans, had to do a rewind but I'm certain it was you, respect!
Agree we could definitely get a better crowd at atmosphere going, some chants like the and its collingwood, collingwood fc, the greatest football team, the world has ever seen, that's a good one

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:39 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
YES The Ponsford Stand must be a fortress a place for warriors..Not a picture theatre with ushers running down every two mins to investigate a disturbance LOL.

The Ponsford Stand A place to instill the fear of shit into opposition players and supporters..We got it wrong now it's time to go back and do it right..forget the sponsors and corporates or the television image..Lets be who we are and if they dont like it they can take a flying jump..A fortress supporting the greatest f*&$ing club in the world!!!!

Club has no way of putting only members there as I seen plenty of other clubs members in the Ponny

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:16 pm

There is a long working class tradition of singing in pubs in the UK, something which never caught on so much in Australia. This is where it stems from...plus the fact that 99 % of the crowd are blokes....most whom are probably pissed before they even get to the ground.

But getting back to the OP. That liverpool crowd singing 'You'll never walk alone' sent shivers down my spine. The Reds couldn't lose after that opening.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Donny wrote:
You can't 'create' passion. It's there or it isn't.

Do you really want the manipulated 'passion' of soccer crowds at the G for Aussie Rules ? Please, no.

Such a common misconception, let me tell you, there's nothing 'manipulated' about the passion at soccer matches mate, it's raw and brilliant.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 pm

They might have more passion but they also have more violence to go with it.

Anyway Ed has to cop some criticism for cleaning out the CS a few years back doesn't he?

Personally I'm constantly disappointed by my fellow Collingwood supporters every time I'm at the G with there lack of willingness to get involved in chants and the like.

I'm not sure if we bring out the best in opposition supporters but to often I feel they do a better job of supporting there team than we do.

As I've stated before we need a secondary CS up on level 4 of the ponny to help get more of the stand involved.

Make it happen Joffa!

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:49 am

King Malta wrote:
Donny wrote:
You can't 'create' passion. It's there or it isn't.

Do you really want the manipulated 'passion' of soccer crowds at the G for Aussie Rules ? Please, no.

Such a common misconception, let me tell you, there's nothing 'manipulated' about the passion at soccer matches mate, it's raw and brilliant.

Yes King Malta fully agreed and it's allowed and it's encouraged, we have got it all wrong and we are the loser because of it, Like King Malta we are qualified to comment on the basis we have been to both codes, It should not be considered cringeworthy or an embarrassment to actively support your club...Football in the outer has become so boring it's become controlled yes thats it ' controlled ' by those who know nothing about who we are and what we want...I often think such ramblings are just laughed at and or just dismissed without any further thought.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:52 am

swoop42 wrote:

Anyway Ed has to cop some criticism for cleaning out the CS a few years back doesn't he?

Personally I'm constantly disappointed by my fellow Collingwood supporters every time I'm at the G with there lack of willingness to get involved in chants and the like.

I'm not sure if we bring out the best in opposition supporters but to often I feel they do a better job of supporting there team than we do.

As I've stated before we need a secondary CS up on level 4 of the ponny to help get more of the stand involved.

Make it happen Joffa!

Smile

Last edited by joffa corfe on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:52 am

swoop42 wrote:

Make it happen Joffa!

Sorry Swoop with the many A League matches i have been to as well as all them EPL games it may shock you to hear me say i have never witnessed one incident of violence Smile But agree with everything else you say Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:59 am

Funkadelic wrote:
Joffa, I remember watching a Newcastle game at st James park on tv a few years ago and saw you standing behind the goals with the Newcastle fans, had to do a rewind but I'm certain it was you, respect!
Agree we could definitely get a better crowd at atmosphere going, some chants like the and its collingwood, collingwood fc, the greatest football team, the world has ever seen, that's a good one

Yes mate and let me tell ya when Newcastle levelled the score in injury time against arch enemy Sunderland it was something i'll never forget i thought the terrace roof was going to fall in on me...Im so lucky to have been overseas and be with the lads at the Newcastle end goals and to be with the Green and White brigade at Celtic Park was just brilliant.....And to sing Forever blowing bubbles with the West Ham crowd was spine tingling Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: