Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Oh how i wish!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ the view? there is no obligation for those that sit near the cs to make noise. i still think there should be an active area that allows for standing in the bay.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:11 pm

^The view. Fair point.

I'm not convinced an "active area" would work as well for footy as it does for soccer.
Singing and chanting is more spontaneous at the footy rather than being a constant as it is at the soccer.
Although it's definitely worth a try in some guise, your idea has some merit JW.

My suggestion is some sort of survey/check boxes on the seating forms.
Those that attend all/majority of games, and those that are interested in "firing up" and making some noise, should be those given preference when requesting seats in M31, M32, M33.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:14 pm

^ but those bays are "premium" seats, which, mind you, aren't really that premium. i think the view sucks from there tbh.
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Yep.
So why not allocate the "premium" seats to those that attend every game??
(The best view of the ground is actually on N level, which carries a waiting list. Ironically enough, this used to be a general admission area in the old Ponsford......)

There are a number of ways the club can go about having those 3 M level bay's full and rocking. Mine is merely a suggestion.
When they are full, the quieter people get caught up in it all and come along for ride anyways.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:15 am

King Monkey wrote:
John Wren wrote:
^ perhaps, put very simply, people just don't want to chant or make alot of noise. they have no desire and no need. they just want to watch the footy. this does not or should not condemn them to theatregoer status.

That's cool, no worries.
Find a way to seat these individuals in another area then.
There is actually a seating request form - if one does not want to make noise, then why choose seats near the cheer squad??

Excellent reply Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:21 am

King Monkey wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
So what do we do ??????

A few good ideas have been tossed up here by some good folks.
Let's hope the club takes some on board.......

Something else that isn't quite working at the moment -
Without wanting to start a bung fight, it's time for the annual "cheer squad vs standing room" shite again after the Norf game.......

- We all realise there are some rigorous restrictions in the cheer squad these days which is sad, but that doesn't mean there is no room for some creativity. You guys down there only have 3 chants and they get very monotonous. C'mon guys, something new??
- The slow Collingwood chant is way (attempted to be) overused. Save it for the "big moment".
- Almost every time we get a song or a chant going, you guys are trying to start something different halfway through. This gets a little frustrating, and leads to the 2 groups turning on each other, especially when some of the boys have had a few beers........

A bit of "side by side" yeah?? (both ways).............

I agree mate but sadly our club has no creative mind on the concerns you have raised whatsoever..And we should all be in this thing together to maximise noise.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:38 am

clearly we are not a nation of singers. it seems like we're embarrased or too reserved to sing the anthem. yesterday, very few around me sang our anthem. why is this so?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:40 am

John Wren wrote:
clearly we are not a nation of singers. it seems like we're embarrased or too reserved to sing the anthem. yesterday, very few around me sang our anthem. why is this so?

It's Australian Culture.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:56 am

John Wren wrote:

Because the national anthem is embarrassing.

I mean "girt by sea" and "sunburnt soil" doesn't inspire the way "O Canada", "The Star Spangled Banner" and the South African anthem inspires. They are truly great songs and make the hairs on your neck stand up. Hell even NZ has a better and more singable anthem than we do.

Seriously, "Advance Australia Fair" is one of the LEAST inspiring anthems in the world and so full of pathetic cliches I REFUSE to sing it!!!

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:00 am

collie dog wrote:
John Wren wrote:

I mean "girt by sea" and "sunburnt soil" doesn't inspire the way "O Canada", "The Star Spangled Banner" and the South African anthem inspires. They are truly great songs and make the hairs on your neck stand up. Hell even NZ has a better and more singable anthem than we do.

Seriously, "Advance Australia Fair" is one of the LEAST inspiring anthems in the world and so full of pathetic cliches I REFUSE to sing it!!!

spindog, good to know that you are as ignorant as ever.

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:30 am

collie dog wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Just let him have his username back would ya mods..........

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:32 am

John Wren wrote:

We sing it every chance we get - at the top of our lungs!! Very Happy

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:48 am

Sitting with another new bunch of Collingwood 'supporters' this year for the 5th year running and it has reconfirmed what I had suspected was very wide spread. It was also highlighted by the sudden break out of the chant only when we drew level yesterday.

(I use the term 'supporters' very lightly)

These 'supporters' had either thrown in the towel after just 20 minutes and/or were getting stuck into our players like it was some kind of personal insult that they were not winning the game for them. I don't sit with a bunch of 5-6 year old tantrum throwing brats either...these are grown men and women. And it has been the same no matter where I sit. M36, M29, M9, M55, Q29, Q13...and many other sections.

The problem here is that when the team needed SUPPORT early in the first quarter 'we' were all sitting on hands and even worse a large proportion of our 'supporters' had joined in with the opposition in bagging our own.

Before you can wish for a better type of 'supporter' Joffa, one that is willing to actually 'support' their team, I think the Australian sporting public needs to grow up first. The Daily Tele was right to a degree when they said "we have become a nation of tantrum throwers"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: