Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Oh how i wish!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
its a disgrace that that the general public must sit row AA and above on the top deck. What you end up with are full seats at the very top and literally 20 rows of empty seats below. it looks awful.

Yep, totally agree.
Should be first in, best seats. It would be full every game, and a much better atmosphere.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:42 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Ian wrote:
that bottom level of the ponny is a problem...case in point last match against richmond...the punt rd end lvl 1 was solid...our end seemed to have more empty seats than not ...in regards to flags etc the classic example was the final v port last year...their C/S looked great with oversized flags...all we seemed to have is banners....is this a club enforced mantra regarding flag size...we should be the best C/S but unfortunately it just isnt happening....

Bingo mate Smile
The size of flags is governed by our beloved MCC, The cheersquad was excellent yesterday but again I say 150-200 people in only half a bay is not enough..We need the surrounding bays to get involved Smile

please try not to go off your head at people if they choose not to join in the chant. it's their prerogative to watch the footy how they see fit. many people around me were not overly enamoured at your gesticulating to them to fire up. many people admire your passion but equally, as you'll know, many don't.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Yet another poor turnout by the fans on Saturday. Is this a reflection of increased ticket prices or people losing interest or other factors... We have over 70 thousand members, had 53,000 show up yesterday, and just over 60,000 against rich and geel. This is not a good sign for our club and the afl.

As for the 'reserved' seats not being filled up. I reckon if there's no one there by quarter time then they should be made available to other members.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:00 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
So what do we do ??????

Nothing. You can’t create something like that

Exactly Dave.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:15 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Yet another poor turnout by the fans on Saturday. Is this a reflection of increased ticket prices or people losing interest or other factors... We have over 70 thousand members, had 53,000 show up yesterday, and just over 60,000 against rich and geel. This is not a good sign for our club and the afl.

As for the 'reserved' seats not being filled up. I reckon if there's no one there by quarter time then they should be made available to other members.

it is such a furphy and misguided to think 70k members equates to 70k bums on seats.

i would say 57k yesterday is sensational for a north game. it's the best crowd between these two teams since 2000 when 55k attended.

furthermore, 66k turned up for the round 8 geelong game last year.

crowd numbers have been dropping off since our premiership year. i'd hazard a guess the bandwagoners have jumped off.

Last edited by John Wren on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:21 pm

John Wren wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Ian wrote:
that bottom level of the ponny is a problem...case in point last match against richmond...the punt rd end lvl 1 was solid...our end seemed to have more empty seats than not ...in regards to flags etc the classic example was the final v port last year...their C/S looked great with oversized flags...all we seemed to have is banners....is this a club enforced mantra regarding flag size...we should be the best C/S but unfortunately it just isnt happening....

Bingo mate Smile
The size of flags is governed by our beloved MCC, The cheersquad was excellent yesterday but again I say 150-200 people in only half a bay is not enough..We need the surrounding bays to get involved Smile

please try not to go off your head at people if they choose not to join in the chant. it's their prerogative to watch the footy how they see fit. many people around me were not overly enamoured at your gesticulating to them to fire up. many people admire your passion but equally, as you'll know, many don't.

Ahh the era of the individual and all their precious 'rights'.

...and no responsibilities.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:26 pm

die4pies wrote:
John Wren wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Ian wrote:

Bingo mate Smile

Ahh the era of the individual and all their precious 'rights'.

...and no responsibilities.

where in my membership pack is there terms and conditions that say i need to be vociferous in my support? we all choose to support the team and club in many ways. some are vocal, some are not.

robfyffe 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:54 pm

Hey the Collingwood Dance Troupe aren't on this Friday are they?
That would be horrendous.
Also, will they stop with that baseball organ music at half time seeing as it's ANZAC Day?
Will Kiss Cam and Dance Cam be given the flick?
Will the betting odds also be erseholed?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:18 am

I agree with others that level 1 of the Ponsford end being half-empty is very annoying. At the games it doesn't look empty surprisingly enough but watching it on TV it's terrible how many gaps there are in this area. It would look fantastic if it was full every week.

In regards to chanting, I saw Joffa trying to pump the supporters up in the surrounding bays of the CS as I was sitting in m33 and while I wasn't standing to chant purely because I didn't want to get in the way of those standing behind me I was still chanting loudly. I liked the fact that he was trying to pump up the faithful but many were not willing to chant or be a part of it.

I think part of the reason why most people don't chant today is because of the way the culture of attending football has changed. Most people are admittedly 'theatre-goers' as it's been mentioned in the past and the match day atmosphere been heavily sanitised by the AFL to promote this 'family-friendly' environment that they're striving for. I also think people are put off by chanting or being louder than usual purely because of the security presence around the bays of the ground. Most people can't be bothered dealing with security so they just comply with the rules and don't make a scene about it.

We need to be loud this Friday and show who's boss. Last year Essendon supporters absolutely rubbed it in our faces on ANZAC Day when we got beaten so it's time to dish it back to them this year through the footy field and in the crowd as well!

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:06 am

^ perhaps, put very simply, people just don't want to chant or make alot of noise. they have no desire and no need. they just want to watch the footy. this does not or should not condemn them to theatregoer status.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:20 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ perhaps, put very simply, people just don't want to chant or make alot of noise. they have no desire and no need. they just want to watch the footy. this does not or should not condemn them to theatregoer status.

That's cool, no worries.
Find a way to seat these individuals in another area then.
There is actually a seating request form - if one does not want to make noise, then why choose seats near the cheer squad??

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:23 pm

the fuzz wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
its a disgrace that that the general public must sit row AA and above on the top deck. What you end up with are full seats at the very top and literally 20 rows of empty seats below. it looks awful.

Yep, totally agree.
Should be first in, best seats. It would be full every game, and a much better atmosphere.

Yes and yes!!!!!

Unrealistic for the majority of the ground these days, but certain sections of the ground could easily be reverted back to first in best dressed basis.

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:38 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
So what do we do ??????

A few good ideas have been tossed up here by some good folks.
Let's hope the club takes some on board.......

Something else that isn't quite working at the moment -
Without wanting to start a bung fight, it's time for the annual "cheer squad vs standing room" shite again after the Norf game.......

- We all realise there are some rigorous restrictions in the cheer squad these days which is sad, but that doesn't mean there is no room for some creativity. You guys down there only have 3 chants and they get very monotonous. C'mon guys, something new??
- The slow Collingwood chant is way (attempted to be) overused. Save it for the "big moment".
- Almost every time we get a song or a chant going, you guys are trying to start something different halfway through. This gets a little frustrating, and leads to the 2 groups turning on each other, especially when some of the boys have had a few beers........

A bit of "side by side" yeah?? (both ways).............

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:55 pm

King Monkey wrote:
John Wren wrote:

That's cool, no worries.
Find a way to seat these individuals in another area then.
There is actually a seating request form - if one does not want to make noise, then why choose seats near the cheer squad??

the cs is limited to one bay. anything outside of that is fair game for members with reserved seats.

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 pm

^Correct.
But why would anyone want to sit adjacent to the cheer squad in relative silence??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: