Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies Flag odds shorten

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:11 pm
Post subject: Pies Flag odds shortenReply with quote

Went to bet us long odds today for the flag after whipping Richmond last night and found the odds had shortened. Well well. I knew we could do it. Genuinely, I think the only team we need to worry about are that arrogant selfish private school scum Hawthorn. Lets hear ya! We are the real deal this year. Oh and as for Malthouse. We wouldn't have him back to clean Bucks boots now.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not get too carried away. Keep a lid on it till the Queen's birthday. If we can beat Melbourne in their biggest game of the year, we can beat anyone Exclamation.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:37 pm

I'm starting to believe after last night. Not that we can beat Hawthorn—can any team beat them at the moment?—but that we are still very much a top 8 team and can perhaps even give top 4 a shake if things fall our way. Geelong are looking ominous after today and we pushed them right to the line. Next two weeks are big tests, but I think we can win both of them and go to the first bye with a 5-2 record.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:43 pm

I never doubted we were a top 8 team. I've been positive about this season from the start. The top 4, I think, is a bit open at the moment so it's not out of the question, but don't think we'll quite make it. Really depends on how we develop though, as this is very much a year where we'll be different and quite a bit better by the end of it.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:08 am
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Hawthorn are peaking too early. Fatigue will set in late into the season and they will flop out under pressure in early tough finals. We are the real deal this year and will find serious form in the second half of the season. Please get your finals tickets early this year. We are going to win.
prawnstar Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:13 am
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Hawthorn are peaking too early. Fatigue will set in late into the season and they will flop out under pressure in early tough finals. We are the real deal this year and will find serious form in the second half of the season. Please get your finals tickets early this year. We are going to win.

What if our injury woes continue? Can we rely on Marty Clarke to bring us home the ultimate prize?

In AFL, not the top flight Irish Gaelic league.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:42 am

Hiss wrote:

So that legends upgrade we got is win win! Hope so!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:54 am

Hiss wrote:

fatigue has set in to your brain early in the season. i expect another finals series. i also expect the hawks to deal with us when we next meet.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:58 am

No one else expects another finals series.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:47 am

Based on the 5 minutes of the Hawks-Suns games plus everything I'm reading I don't think any team will get within 10 goals of the Hawks this year (by the business end I mean). Their skill level and smarts around the ground is almost like no team we've ever seen - Lions and Cats included. Going to be a very boring conclusion to this year I think. Mind you it is early in the year... and I think I said that at Rd 10 last year and if only Freo had turned up for the first half of last year's grand final... if only.

On the plus side it means we don't need to worry about premiership talk. Just focus on how well the troops are developing so we're ready for a serious assault next year.

Of course I'll be overjoyed if I'm proven wrong. I hate em (the Hawks)... actually I don't think I hate them.... I hate their success.... and their smug supporters (but who wouldn't be when you get a flag every 5 years).

the pie guy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:23 am

Hawks are flag favourites and rightly so, but it is only round 4. Think Essendon in the last few years, they start like champions and finish like chumps. Not that I expect the Hawks to do the same, just saying it is early days.
On the other hand I expect that we may be a vastly different and improved side come Sept. I think that about half our current side will have to continue improving each week or risk being replaced as more players become available. Also Fasolo, Frost, Langdon, J Thomas, Witts, Grundy, White, Toovey, Keefe & Young are all still improving.

Seedsman, Brown, Kennedy, Broomhead, Oxley, Freeman, Karnezis, Martin, Williams, Scharenberg, Dwyer, will all pressure the present side when they are available, even Lynch and Hudson provide incentive for White, Witts & Grundy to keep improving.

We may get spanked by the Dawks now, and possibly Sept. but don't write us off as contenders just yet. I firmly believe we have more scope for improvement this year than any other side.
the pie guy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:23 am

Hawks are flag favourites and rightly so, but it is only round 4. Think Essendon in the last few years, they start like champions and finish like chumps. Not that I expect the Hawks to do the same, just saying it is early days.
On the other hand I expect that we may be a vastly different and improved side come Sept. I think that about half our current side will have to continue improving each week or risk being replaced as more players become available. Also Fasolo, Frost, Langdon, J Thomas, Witts, Grundy, White, Toovey, Keefe & Young are all still improving.

Seedsman, Brown, Kennedy, Broomhead, Oxley, Freeman, Karnezis, Martin, Williams, Scharenberg, Dwyer, will all pressure the present side when they are available, even Lynch and Hudson provide incentive for White, Witts & Grundy to keep improving.

We may get spanked by the Dawks now, and possibly Sept. but don't write us off as contenders just yet. I firmly believe we have more scope for improvement this year than any other side.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:43 am

Bookies must love Pies fans.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:46 am

Or what?
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:40 pm

John Wren wrote:
Hiss wrote:

fatigue has set in to your brain early in the season. i expect another finals series. i also expect the hawks to deal with us when we next meet.

I expected you not to support our boys and give them all the encouragement they deserve. You should be booted off this Board. I commit to back our team in whether your type undermine as you keep doing. Sod off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: