Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sniper

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

September Zeros wrote:
David wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:
Jeez, some serious jilted lovers here.

"Not only do I not love you, I NEVER LOVED YOU, even though I used to have three of your posters on my bedroom wall".

Show a little dignity guys.

I agree. Unfortunately, the pitchforks are well and truly out. Even a few abysmal Carlton performances don't appear to have eased the hatred.

It's just pointless venting at the end of the day. He's gone to another club, get over it.

Oh please.... Get off your holier than thou high horses and ask yourself the real question of just who needs to get over it. Most of us are merely responding to and commenting on a cheap quip made by someone (ie DT) who clearly has not.

Yep, Dollar Daisy initiated the cheap shot, not us. Exclamation Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:15 pm

I heard/saw it. He referred to previous team mate that has been traded because of his behavior.

I hardly found it offensive.

I'd rather be in our situation and not theirs.
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:15 pm

I heard/saw it. He referred to previous team mate that has been traded because of his behavior.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:33 pm

September Zeros wrote:
David wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:

"Not only do I not love you, I NEVER LOVED YOU, even though I used to have three of your posters on my bedroom wall".

I agree. Unfortunately, the pitchforks are well and truly out. Even a few abysmal Carlton performances don't appear to have eased the hatred.

It's just pointless venting at the end of the day. He's gone to another club, get over it.

Oh please.... Get off your holier than thou high horses and ask yourself the real question of just who needs to get over it. Most of us are merely responding to and commenting on a cheap quip made by someone (ie DT) who clearly has not.

It's not at all clear. We all know how Daisy is. Like Swan, he'll make a joke out of anything. From what I understand he and Heater are good friends, I seriously doubt this was a genuinely personal attack. Even if it was, you do realise Shaw no longer plays for Collingwood either? So it was a swipe against a former Collingwood player about an event that took place while Mick was coaching. Wow, I can definitely see why we should all be outraged Confused.

We used to have a go at the media for taking every quip form Swan or Thomas too seriously. Maybe we should take our own advice?

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:38 pm

i heard it as well. i thought it was a low blow to the pies and also to shaw.
anyway shaw is laughing at thomas as giants have 2 wins so far and are in the 8 with a coach who has coached 4 games, compared to mm who has alot of games as coach
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:51 pm

September Zeros wrote:
David wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:

Yep, Dollar Daisy initiated the cheap shot, not us. Exclamation Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:54 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
David wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:

It's not at all clear. We all know how Daisy is. Like Swan, he'll make a joke out of anything. From what I understand he and Heater are good friends, I seriously doubt this was a genuinely personal attack. Even if it was, you do realise Shaw no longer plays for Collingwood either? So it was a swipe against a former Collingwood player about an event that took place while Mick was coaching. Wow, I can definitely see why we should all be outraged Confused.

We used to have a go at the media for taking every quip form Swan or Thomas too seriously. Maybe we should take our own advice?

Yeah I kind of noticed shaw doesn't play for us anymore......

I don't think this is a big deal. So I'm no going to get embroiled in an argument over a dumb arse comment that DT made. But I can understand why the collingwood faithful would raise an eyebrow to it. And I also think they're within their right to raise an eyebrow to it with out their dignity being questioned or being accused of mob mentality.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:07 am

woftam wrote:
The scum fans will turn on both him & Mick very very quickly.

They already have, check out the Carlton facebook. It's hilarious
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:18 am

September Zeros wrote:

I don't think this is a big deal. So I'm no going to get embroiled in an argument over a dumb arse comment that DT made. But I can understand why the collingwood faithful would raise an eyebrow to it. And I also think they're within their right to raise an eyebrow to it with out their dignity being questioned or being accused of mob mentality.

No, I'm, with you. It's not a big deal at all. And I'm fine with letting others react in any way they want. I'll comment on it, but that's it. Just as I'm fine with Daisy's comments, I'm fine with anyone who wants to react harshly to them.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 am

melliot wrote:

hyper-sensitivity is alive and well. it was a statement of fact. nothing more, nothing less.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:12 am

I've got the perfect solution. It almost needs a thread of its own... Trade Daisy back at the end of the year!

OK - don't shoot me, hear me out!

Carlton are hopeless, finish last, sack Mick, new coach wants to rebuild. Daisy want's out cause Mick has gone, he's tasted the grass on the other side of the fence and it was poison.

In essence, we "traded" / lost Daisy for pick 11 (either Sharenberg or Freeman, whoever you want to pick). If we had've kept him, it would've cost us 500 K a year.

Given his poor form, I think we'd be doing Carlton a great favour to trade a second round pick for him, which will be about pick 40 after we have a good year this year. We'd be mad to pay out his contract though, 700K a year for a guy who'll struggle to make the seniors? no thanks - and Carlton know that, so they'll have to pay a large part (maybe 400 - 500K) of his contract.

Now Daisy may or may not play better for us or re-capture some of his 2010 form where he was one of the best midfielders in the competition, but it wouldn't matter, we'd win on a number of levels!

1. Basically traded a late second round draft pick for Freeman
2. We "save" about 200 - 300K a year (about 100K a kick for Thomas atm!)
3. Thomas still has some good football in him - remember he hasn't had a pre-season for a couple of years
4. Carlton are humiliated AND paying us 400 - 500K a year for 4 years just as a reminder
5. No Pies player would be traded to Carlton, no matter what the money, in living memory.

The only down side is it takes up a spot on the list, but it'd be worth it to see Carlton's face and tanking Carlton every time we play them!! Very Happy

- Ben
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:48 am

I did not hear the statement but if Thomas is suggesting the Pies are in the media for a lot more than our performance he is right!

No issue really because that's how it has always been and always will be - they have to sell papers and capture the audience and Collingwood does that - so whatever angle they can get the media will do so!

Just a matter of fact from Thomas... another fact is Blues are 0-4!

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:05 am

Dollar Daisy slinging mud like hundred dollar bills

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 am

Ha ha laughable recalling matters from 2008 , how relevant to his present win - loss ratio.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:53 am

Duff Soviet Union wrote:

One thing you will learn in life is that dignity works BOTH ways.

This bloody traitor has been MM like ever since he left the pies. Totally undignified. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: