Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

If the AFL really want to improve the game here's how.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien wrote:
And another thing...

I buy my membership every year without fail but the price of going to the footy with three kids and all the other crap that is involved in simply going to watch your team has resulted in me attending less and less as the years roll on.

I'm actually finding myself more inclined to go and watch my local team South Croydon in 1st division of the Eastern footy league. I can have a few cans, the kids have a kick on the ground and the footy is of a surprisingly great standard to watch. Oh for the simple things in life. Sounding old now but that's the way it is.

Sorry Damo but this is not a Collingwood comment and as such should be moved down the list to some place where nobody will ever see it. Just trying to be proactive. Very Happy Very Happy

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:04 am

There’s a really simple tool available to reduce congestion. It’s called common sense umpiring. Almost every time a pack forms there’s an unpaid free kick in their somewhere – usually in the back, sometimes high contact. Within the existing rules if they were paid it would reduce congestion. The idea of zones is just bullshit.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:09 am

I have advocated for years that they should simply do away with the center square and just run the lines down the wing all the way to the forward fifty arcs - and then at center bounces there must be six players from each team inside those arcs (ie. six forwards and six backs in each 50 arc). This will at least stop the flooding of the backline at center breaks and give some relief to the congestion.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:10 am

I have advocated for years that they should simply do away with the center square and just run the lines down the wing all the way to the forward fifty arcs - and then at center bounces there must be six players from each team inside those arcs (ie. six forwards and six backs in each 50 arc). This will at least stop the flooding of the backline at center breaks and give some relief to the congestion.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:36 am

nothing much wrong with yesterday's (or last monday's) game. leave the game alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: