Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cotchin having sook about Caff

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

cotchin is a little whinging whining turd. why can't he just accept that he was beaten by a better opponent and get over it. so what you got tagged, heaps of players do week in week out with some, good enough to beat the tag. you're obviously not so get stuffed and suck it up cotchy.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Stupied wrote:
Hate Stevie J, but to his credit, he has come out and said Caffs tactics were legal, just really annoying.
Cotchin needs to stop being a little sook, man up, and vow to do better next time he's tagged.

Damn straight!
Says a lot about his leadership that basically no tigers gave him a chop out.

Cotchin does have an exceptional head of hair though!
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:20 pm

I heard Cotchins interview. You need to see the line of questioning fire, to be honest.

That's what they wanted him to say.

It's just like the umpires Coach on Saturday saying they need to protect the player better. Such as, putting the arms around the player before play starts. He said you can do it without making contact, but once you make contact then it's illegal.

I really have no problem with Cotchin on Game Day saying what he did nor do I the umpires coach.

It's going to happen to Swan/Pendles/Beams from next week and we just have to suck it up.

But when you see how Cloke gets mauled every week, then every other player in the comp can HTFU. If it's good enough for Cloke, it's good enough for Cotchin.

it's probably why I don't have such a high opinion on what was said nor am I outraged. it's going to happen to our mids.

<that's putting all the Cloke stuff, aside>.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Actually I have very mixed feelings about the way Macaffer played Cotchin. The positive was his discipline and commitment and effectiveness; but the persistent impeding of the man off the ball is a blot on the game, amd if someone had done this to Pendlebury i'd be screaming so loud you'd have heard me from London.

Yes, Cloke should get more frees- well done Bucks for saying it - but this type of tagging, from Crowley or Caff or anyone else, makes the game smaller. The umpires should stop it - and after Friday night, they probably will.

Tagging, a real hard tag, won us a flag mate. In the 1958 GF, against the then unbeatable Dees-going for 4 flags in a row- we tagged the mercurial ron barassi, who was an early wayne carey, an inspiration to Melb. We put Barry Harrison on him, hooker Harrison, who did a "Caff" on him, and literally drove Barassi nuts, he blocked him, elbowed him, niggled, so much so, that barassi hooked him, and got reported. Laughing That hard tag helped us to get the premiership, still the biggest upset in GF history, we were 100/1 rank outsiders to win that long ago day.
I say, God bless the tag, and good on the CAFF Exclamation Exclamation Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:44 pm

I remember when he paid no respect to Swan after a game, dont recall exactly how it went but basically thought that he didn't deserve the star tag about a great game he had and went down the path of we were just poor not his good play..Something like that.

new straight away that he will always be poor leader and a mentally weak individual ... So I was right!
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:13 pm

yep me too piesnchess

all part of the game
harley whinging about this (imagine if we had done this against ling?)

is like his *$%*&$'ed mate scarletttttt wanked on about our captain

If your planning a game you ask the q
wanna tag? who we gotta tag?

Just like 58 you can only target one or maybe half another player .

It's all about their importance to the team.
You can't just let him get it and dictate.

Good to see Bucks has got Caff in this role. Quieten down the opposition and then take it from there,

go pies

melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Don't recall Caff kicking a goal.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:36 pm

melliot wrote:
Don't recall Caff kicking a goal.

Snag over his shoulder in the first quarter then ran to Dawson to "shove it up him" in the 2010 grand final replay. Wink I remember that one so clearly.

MattyD 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:37 am

I just watched one of the free kicks Cotchin got from being 'interfered' by Macaffer at 22.37 minute mark of 2nd quarter.

I can't believe people seriously think it is any different to what Crowley does or what happens to Cloke week-in, week-out. Mind boggling.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:16 am

Nothing wrong with the way Caff goes about it. I can understand why Cotchin hates it, but it's within the rules. All the elite ball winners cop it.

Then this umpiring coach/manager/director of naught says he didn't like the treatment Cotchin got. Well, well..............Is it what Caff did? Is it, in your eyes not in the "spirit" of the game? Tell us director of naught!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been going on for yonks (The hard tag). Fortunately for Richmond, they can eat sh!t......with a shovel!!!!!!!!

Go the Pies
taff wa 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:24 am

Was it the same person saying Cotchin should have got frees that said the mauling of Travis Cloke was ok.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:13 am

taff wa wrote:
Was it the same person saying Cotchin should have got frees that said the mauling of Travis Cloke was ok.

Yes it was. The umpires coach.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:29 am

woftam wrote:
taff wa wrote:

Yes it was. The umpires coach.

THIS is the main problem in a nutshell, the lack of consistency. I have no problem with Macca doing his stuff when I see what is done to Cloke and a few other Magpies each week.
This Umpires boss bloke needs to open BOTH his eyes............ Rolling Eyes
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:44 pm

I don't understand how ANYONE has a problem with the hard tag.

It seems like everyone just wants a quick game where all the elite midfielders are free to rack up their 30 possessions a game and do as they please.

This is a sport, and to win you need to be able to out-play and out-think your opponents. Caff did that on Friday, he destroyed Cotchin (fairly mind you) and everyone's having a sook because it wasn't pretty.
Dunit 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Any team that has Jake King on it can STFU about tagging, scragging and trying to get under the skin of opponents...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: