Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cotchin having sook about Caff

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:02 pm
Post subject: Cotchin having sook about CaffReply with quote

Quote:
"We know there's been taggers in the game for donkey's years but, just at times, I thought I was being held illegally," Cotchin told Channel 7's Game Day program on Sunday.

Have a Cry you big Baby

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-13/tag-tactics-illegal-cotchin

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Winners are Grinners, LOSERS can do as they please. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Wow, imagine how he'd squeal if he got no frees like Clokey! Trenton got 5 frees on Friday night; how many did he really want?
jessfootball 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:29 pm

he has publicly told the opposition teams he hates being tagged what an idiot
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:13 pm

In fairness to Cotchin he did say, "But the reality is there's three umpires out there, they're doing the best they can and the onus is on myself to win the footy and to have my team mates helping me out."

Caff did over step the line at times and got pinged but overall, he did a brilliant job. Nothing to see here

Az 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:30 pm

This is just mind boggling. Crowely has been doing this for years and gets talked up as all-Australian status. Ling was the same, nothing but absolute admiration from the footy world. Caff starts to scalp every star of the game and people are calling for his head. Let's not kid ourselves! because he wears a black and white jumper is the only reason he is getting as much heat as he is.[/b]
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Didn't run hard enough or have the mental strength to shake the tag.

Trent was flat footed from the first siren, the will wasn't there, Caffs was...

Well done Brent.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:58 pm

When the umps stat paying Cloke frees for being held, pulled down, tackled without the ball, shepherded off the contest, etc, etc, then I'll care about Caff's tagging methods.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Actually I have very mixed feelings about the way Macaffer played Cotchin. The positive was his discipline and commitment and effectiveness; but the persistent impeding of the man off the ball is a blot on the game, amd if someone had done this to Pendlebury i'd be screaming so loud you'd have heard me from London.

Yes, Cloke should get more frees- well done Bucks for saying it - but this type of tagging, from Crowley or Caff or anyone else, makes the game smaller. The umpires should stop it - and after Friday night, they probably will.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Actually I have very mixed feelings about the way Macaffer played Cotchin. The positive was his discipline and commitment and effectiveness; but the persistent impeding of the man off the ball is a blot on the game, amd if someone had done this to Pendlebury i'd be screaming so loud you'd have heard me from London.

Yes, Cloke should get more frees- well done Bucks for saying it - but this type of tagging, from Crowley or Caff or anyone else, makes the game smaller. The umpires should stop it - and after Friday night, they probably will.

Then perhaps I should have head you screaming from London on Clokes behalf many weeks ago because it is no different. They just call it defence instead of tagging.

If they want to police it fine, but why now? Why not after Crowley, why not after Ling, why not after how Cloke is handled week in week out? Why is something that has been in existence for a long time now all of a sudden a problem?

Caff did break the rules on cotchin and guess what he gave away 3 free kicks as a result. It is what it is.

BTW, The same shit wouldn't happen to pendles because a: he's a much much better player with the mental toughness to break a hard tag and play his own game and b: because on the odd occasion where he did get beaten he wouldn't bitch about it in the media.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Hate Stevie J, but to his credit, he has come out and said Caffs tactics were legal, just really annoying.
Cotchin needs to stop being a little sook, man up, and vow to do better next time he's tagged.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:41 pm

I'm not a fan of the tactics taggers use but it's clearly within the rules as the Pies best mids have had to endure it for years.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:43 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Then perhaps I should have head you screaming from London on Clokes behalf many weeks ago because it is no different. They just call it defence instead of tagging.

If they want to police it fine, but why now? Why not after Crowley, why not after Ling, why not after how Cloke is handled week in week out? Why is something that has been in existence for a long time now all of a sudden a problem?

Caff did break the rules on cotchin and guess what he gave away 3 free kicks as a result. It is what it is.

BTW, The same shit wouldn't happen to pendles because a: he's a much much better player with the mental toughness to break a hard tag and play his own game and b: because on the odd occasion where he did get beaten he wouldn't bitch about it in the media.

Different point - I agree that Cloke gets murdered. I don't like that either, and you have probably already heard, on occasions, a scream entering the country from the direction of Broome over Cloke's treatment. I just don't buy the "two wrongs" argument - and I'm not sure that any player, with the possible exception of Ablett, can overcome such continual impediment and manhandling off the ball. If someone had tagged Pendles in the same way as Macaffer did Cotchin, this board would be in meltdown.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:48 pm

Why is it wrong for Cotchin to get impeded off the ball but not wrong for Cloke to get impeded off the ball? If the ball is 20 metres away in the air, it's off the ball. 5 metres (or yards?) is the definition of "on" the ball IIR.

So when Cloke is held / blocked / shepherded so he can't run / lead at the ball, and when the ball is kicked to him and immediately the opposition grab him, that is WORSE than Caf putting his arms around (but not grabbing or even touching mostly) Cotchin and waiting for Cotchin to get near the ball, then tackling / bumping / whatever him.

I didn't see too many instances of Caf holding Ctochin off the ball - he would give away a free for that. Caf had his arms out ready to grab the bugger, but there's no rule that I know of that says you have to respect the players personal space! But of course because it looks bad on TV and the soccer mums (including Cotchin, Hayden Kennedy and Damian Hardwick) don't like it, all of a sudden it's illegal?

Cloke, on the other hand, IS grabbed, held, wrestled etc well off the ball and no one seems to notice or care and the umpires all come out and defend every decision.

Also, you should be screaming every week because Pendles is tagged every week AND he is held off the ball AND he is scragged and bumped and worse, and if it's Crowley then he does a BETTER job than Caf. Don't not care about the same (and worse) treatment just because Pendlebury is elite and able to play though it and Cotchin is just pseudo-elite and not up to scratch. I pity Richmond when they play Freo - Crowley will tear Cotchin a new one by half time and then probably move onto another player and do the same.

Anyway, enough of that, we all know that Cloke will get murdered next week and not get a free and Caf will play reserves and, some how, still give about 20 frees during the seniors game!

- Ben

So I don't think it's a case of 2 wrongs not making a right, it's a case of one set of rules for sooky midfielders and another set of rules for Cloke.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Trent Cotchin: 8 disposals, 1 mark, 0 goals, plus 5 more disposals from free kicks, no frees agaist

Brent Macaffer: 16 disposals, 8 marks, 1 goal, no frees, 1 free against.

Yup. They should change the rules. Next time, Cotchin should be required to tag Macaffer, 'coz Macaffer was very clearly the better player on the night, with more marks, more disposals, and a goal. (Scored later in the game when Cotchin had been reduced to such uselessness that his tagger started running off him.) How many disposals do you reckon 'Caff would get with Cotchin tagging him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: