Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kill-Joy Mods and the Carlton Train Wreck.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

we should run a Poll. where EVERYONE can see it.

Also, please stop deleting my posts Donny.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:45 pm

I think the "other AFL" should be in the top section of the board second under GD.

My 2c.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:56 am

Nick's is not the plaything of a group of people who happen to be moderators. Nick's is important to many of us. I'm not naive enough to think that a BB such as this doesn't need a team of moderators; it does, but for heaven's sakes, surely you aren't so fearful that you ban any discussion and insist it be done by private messages? The fact that it's just a few 'clicks away' misses the point. We are expressing an opinion here and we are doing it in a reasonable manner. I believe we have a right to express such opinions and to have those opinions considered with due respect.

It seems a few of us don't like the decision to move threads away from general discussion. It should be perfectly legitimate for Nick's members to express such opinions without getting the tut-tuting from overly sensitive mods and it should be democratic enough for us not to be treated like naughty children if we express an opinion contrary to yours.

BTW Donny, I'm not taking cheap shots at the mods; I'm perfectly willing to become a mod if that's what it takes to be heard.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:04 am

OK I've jumped ship apparently Carlton hating threads must be moved but Soccer threads stay in GD it just all depends on who starts the thread.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:45 am

I hope the 'Laugh at Carlscum thread' is returned to the General Discussion thread. It's a pity more posters didn't post in it last week especially since Carlton is in a crisis at the moment.

Everyone's in favour of returning it to the General Discussion thread so I think the mods should just return it to the GD area of the forum without too much fuss.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:18 am

Damien wrote:
Give the members what they want instead of making nicks a nanny state like everywhere else!

This.

I don't understand that when the mods receive feedback (valid feedback at that) that it doesn't really get listened to. When was the last time a user idea was implemented on Nick's?

As an aside, when was the last time the moderation team took on new moderators and fresh ideas? Guys, please listen to the users. I know you guys have a tough job, but don't make it tougher by ignoring people.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:24 pm

The mods created the Other AFL forum at the request of user feedback. Is it really your preference that non-Collingwood AFL stuff goes into Nick's Sports Bar or the Victoria Park Tavern? Because if we don't have a general purpose AFL forum then they seem to be the logical choices.

Personally I think the main forum menu should be restructured and make the top section 'Football forums' which encompasses GD (for Collingwood stuff), the Other AFL (for the non-Collingwood football discussion), the VFL Magpies, followed by the rest of the Collingwood football club related items.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:54 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:
The mods created the Other AFL forum at the request of user feedback. Is it really your preference that non-Collingwood AFL stuff goes into Nick's Sports Bar or the Victoria Park Tavern? Because if we don't have a general purpose AFL forum then they seem to be the logical choices.

Personally I think the main forum menu should be restructured and make the top section 'Football forums' which encompasses GD (for Collingwood stuff), the Other AFL (for the non-Collingwood football discussion), the VFL Magpies, followed by the rest of the Collingwood football club related items.

Really? I didn't see that much outcry. I've seen more "user feedback" since the change has been made.

In regards to your second point, I'm supportive of this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:

+1. i suggested this a little while ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: