Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Roos - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:55 am
Post subject: Pre match. Pies v. Roos - all comments pleaseReply with quote

Saturday. MCG. 1.40

Collingwood v. NMFC.

Selected team.

B: Alan Toovey, Jack Frost, Tom Langdon
HB: Nick Maxwell, Lachlan Keeffe, Alex Fasolo
C: Steele Sidebottom, Brent Macaffer, Heritier Lumumba
HF: Dayne Beams, Jesse White, Luke Ball
F: Jamie Elliott, Travis Cloke, Jarrod Witts

Foll: Brodie Grundy, Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury

Int: Tyson Goldsack, Jarryd Blair, Clinton Young, Josh Thomas

Emg: Sam Dwyer, Marty Clarke, Taylor Adams

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Out: Blair
In: Adams.

No other changes that I can see.

Please, please, please keep Witts and Josh Thomas in.

Ditto Langdon and Frost.

And keep playing Fasolo back. A guy in the back half that can hit a target with consistency.

Our reserves potentially will include: Brown, Blair, Seedsman, Karnesis and Sinclair next week as all will be available for selection...

The following week should see Broomhead and Reid back on the park as well.

Planets are aligning in this 'development season'.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:22 am

our vfl team is likely to look quite strong next week with the number of players expected to return. i hope it doesn't disrupt things too much but we are playing coburg which should be an easy win. btw, that game is at vic park, 11am before the main game.

hopefully the pauperoos have a hard slog against sydney tomorrow. i am a little worried that if we are not switched on that they will get an early jump and we spend the rest of the game playing catch up footy.

i hope jt gets a full game but you'd think that he'd come out for adams.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:25 am

I know a guy who in the back half that can hit a target with consistency.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:57 am

I'd give Adams a run in the twos - he needs a full game after a week off and a couple of green vests. Unless you want to rest Ball, then he can play. I'd keep JT in the side and not as sub, he needs to find a bit more of the footy at AFL level and the only way that will happen is if he plays some serious game time. I'd play Dwyer in the two's as well, try to get a bit more match fitness into him.

Unless there is anyone really pressing for selection in the two's I'd keep Langdon in too - one bad game doesn't mean he should be dropped - but he's looking to make way for Sinclair or Seedsman in the next few weeks I reckon (nothing against the kid but I think they offer more offensively at least).

Not sure how to fit Kennedy in the team, he's probably the only one knocking on the door at the moment but wow, if our injury list improves as it should, we could be looking to fit Reid, Brown, Seedsman, Sinclair, Dwyer, Adams, Freeman and Broomhead into the team in the next month. Wow, that's a lot of depth in the two's, and it's not including slightly less known quantities in Karnesis, Armstrong, Sharenberg etc.

Back on topic, this is a really important game for us for two reasons. Firstly it's against another team that will be in that 5 to 11 group at the end of the year, if the more wins against that group the more likely we'll be nearer to 5 than 11!

Also, we have a good chance to get some confidence and really set up our season (at least the first part). A win puts us 3-2 and looking at going into the bye at least 4-3, then a relatively easy run of games up until Hawthorn in round 14 (West Coast in Melbourne looks the only tough one really). We could be 9-3 having won 6 in a row with most of our players back and pretty much everyone match fit before we take on the Hawks. We probably will only break even wins / losses after that but still should have enough wins to make the 8 which will be important experience and confidence for the young guys.

I think we're starting to show that our desire and defensive efforts are getting to where we want them to be and that should be enough to beat most of the middle of the road sides. Our forward movement and structure improved last night but when we get a bit more polished there as well I think we'll see rapid improvement, hopefully by the end of the year!

- Ben
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:05 am

Cant see Blair getting dropped on the back of last nights game, with 5 tackles and a goal, I reckon he could be safe.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:07 am

I agree re: Blair. I suspect that for overall team balance in the long run we wont play Blair and Goldsack in the same team (nor three of Ball, Adams, Thomas) but at the moment we don't have a creative midfielder or forward who's fit and knocking the door down in the VFL, so he's probably safe.

- Ben
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:26 am

Blair was crap.

When he kicked his goal in the third quarter I realised it was the first time I'd noticed him get the ball. Think he had five possessions to that point.

It isn't good enough and one goal doesn't make up for it.

Methinks Jarryd's days are numbered

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:33 am

Yes, I think Blair's days are numbered, too. But the great thing about him is that he keeps working and never drops his head, regardless of how things are going. His attitude is a fine example and he will continue to get the nod ahead of some more skilled, bigger, faster players because of it. That's a good thing because it means that someone will have to take his spot - he isn't just going to give it up without a fight.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:35 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
the great thing about him is that he keeps working and never drops his head, regardless of how things are going. His attitude is a fine example and he will continue to get the nod ahead of some more skilled, bigger, faster players because of it. That's a good thing because it means that someone will have to take his spot - he isn't just going to give it up without a fight.

Fixed

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:37 am

What else does it mean?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Assuming he plays well in the VFL, I'd love to see Kennedy come into the side, and not as the sub. Blair is the obvious one to miss.

Depending on matchups, I wonder if Keeffe is safe? Frost has gone past him as a more mobile and aggressive tall defender. At times Keeffe looks a bit lost.

At least until Reid returns, I'd like to keep playing Grundy and Witts together.
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Don't know about Keeffe, RudeBoy. He totally owned Vickery last night and his ball use is very good so I would keep him in the team. He'll get better, too, IMO.

As for Blair, I would have thought Kennedy would have already taken his spot but for some reason, Bucks doesn't agree.

Also think Goldy is lucky to still be playing in the ones.

Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:58 pm

lol goldy was excellent last night. The guy never stops chasing and his defensive pressure inside 50 is why he's in the team
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:07 pm

I might have been a bit harsh on Keeffe. I wasn't at the game, and sometimes the TV gives the wrong impression. As for Goldy, you're right about his defensive pressure, but I think it's high time he realises he also needs to get more of the pill. Still, last night he was OK.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11   

Jump to: