Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Cats - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ball to go with Selwood, Adams to go with Caddy. Caff to Johnson and Langdon on Bartel for mine.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:01 am

swoop42 wrote:
While I'm still to be convinced Fas is an AFL level defender (well at this stage at least) we know what he is capable of as an AFL level forward.

Yep, we know what he's capable of against mediocre opposition or when the game has been won and he chimes in with pressureless goals. Yet to see him play 4 quality quarters. Yet to see him work hard for 4 quarters. Yet to see him work hard when he doesn't have the ball. Alex is a tease; exquisite skills, but lazy and unaccountable. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I'll be surprised if Alex amounts to anything. Having said that, it is 1am and I've had far too many. Alex may look more attractive in the morning Very Happy Very Happy

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:37 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
While I'm still to be convinced Fas is an AFL level defender (well at this stage at least) we know what he is capable of as an AFL level forward.

Yep, we know what he's capable of against mediocre opposition or when the game has been won and he chimes in with pressureless goals. Yet to see him play 4 quality quarters. Yet to see him work hard for 4 quarters. Yet to see him work hard when he doesn't have the ball. Alex is a tease; exquisite skills, but lazy and unaccountable. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I'll be surprised if Alex amounts to anything. Having said that, it is 1am and I've had far too many. Alex may look more attractive in the morning Very Happy Very Happy

Very harsh Neil on young Fas. He's not that bad. he's been injured for a very long time now in a short career. I reckon sub is a good place for him atm.

I'd like to Ben Kennedy in, some more zip & pace.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:07 am

Worries me that Clarke can make it onto the emergency list.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:34 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

probably explains why they have played him defence these last few games.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:34 am

Rick wrote:

Laughing Agreed, Bucks does seem to love the the Lad I think the Q Stick should be there intstead.

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 am

Rick wrote:

Was arguably one of the best players in the VFL last weekend so not too surprising.

9. Marty Clarke
Statistics: 16 kicks, 3 marks, 10 handballs, 23 disposals, 0 clearances, 1 inside 50, 0 rebound 50s, 1 tackle
Craig McRae Says: I thought Marty had probably his best game at this level. He definitely improved on the week before, playing his role really well on the wing and at half back. Were encouraging him to run longer hes the most elite runner we have so we want to see that in games. His work rate back to help out the defence and rebound we saw, and I just think his maturity and leadership for the younger players in crucial times when the game was on the line in the last quarter shone through. He stood up.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-04-01/mcraes-vfl-player-review
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:13 am

John Wren wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Obviously I know nothing about the game. Very Happy
But Faz really? Against the cats really? I just hope they put Sidey down back and give Faz the run up forward. If Faz plays back we're doomed.

two of our best kicks running up and down the wings and running through either the back or forward lines when rotations and game play requires it.

Well said, JW. That's exactly how I see it.

Fas has been tried down back in the vfl and has shown some form so I don't understand the sense of doom if he plays down there. I can't wait to see how he goes there, and personally, I'm pretty confident he'll do well.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:13 am

The match ups in the midfield will be very interesting. I reckon we'll see: Caff to Selwood and Lumumba to take Johnson. He's played on him before IIRC and done ok. Ball to run with Bartel in the middle and Toovey to take Stokes.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:15 am

jackcass wrote:
Rick wrote:

Was arguably one of the best players in the VFL last weekend so not too surprising.

9. Marty Clarke
Statistics: 16 kicks, 3 marks, 10 handballs, 23 disposals, 0 clearances, 1 inside 50, 0 rebound 50s, 1 tackle
Craig McRae Says: I thought Marty had probably his best game at this level. He definitely improved on the week before, playing his role really well on the wing and at half back. Were encouraging him to run longer hes the most elite runner we have so we want to see that in games. His work rate back to help out the defence and rebound we saw, and I just think his maturity and leadership for the younger players in crucial times when the game was on the line in the last quarter shone through. He stood up.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-04-01/mcraes-vfl-player-review

i question the accuracy of these stats. for example, how do 16 kicks and 10 handballs translate to 23 disposals (or were some of his kicks so bad that they werent worth a disposal?)

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:20 am

Not my stats so I'm no going to be defending them. I was more posting McRae's comments.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:32 am

roar wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Obviously I know nothing about the game. Very Happy
But Faz really? Against the cats really? I just hope they put Sidey down back and give Faz the run up forward. If Faz plays back we're doomed.

two of our best kicks running up and down the wings and running through either the back or forward lines when rotations and game play requires it.

Well said, JW. That's exactly how I see it.

Fas has been tried down back in the vfl and has shown some form so I don't understand the sense of doom if he plays down there. I can't wait to see how he goes there, and personally, I'm pretty confident he'll do well.

i have seen enough to think it will go well.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:37 pm

donlon, hay, mcinerney for tomorrow night.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:21 pm

John Wren wrote:
donlon, hay, mcinerney for tomorrow night.

Two out of three good ones 'aint bad....... Exclamation
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:01 pm

My left nut tells me its the Woods by 16 points, pulling away like last week. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: