Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Cats - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Brown26 wrote:
Might be useful to have another big forward / ruck in for this game - Witts or Lynch could do the job but not sure if they're up to it. Reid would be perfect.

I reckon Adams needs a full game or a run in the twos. Dwyer will be better for the run, keep him in. Swannie I agree with others, if not fit don't play him. If fit, he should be rotated through the middle where he's most damaging IMO.

We could go with just the one change this week, which would be nice, or try to get one or Fasolo or Kennedy in for probably Langdon (or Adams if he's unlucky, that would just be based on team balance).

We'll have to be cleaner this week than against Sydney to win this one but we're in with a show. If we improve a little every week from now on we're in with a real show.

- Ben

I don't think we can play Grundy, Cloke, White and Witts. It makes us too top heavy. I'd stick with just Cloke and White as the main tall forwards, with Goldsack as the third marking option. Grundy will get beaten most weeks, but he makes a good contest and will improve week by week.

Adams must be played on the ball where he plays best.

I expect Toovey to slowly get better as the season unfolds.

Ins: Keeffe, Kennedy

Outs: Brown (inj), Swan (inj)

I can't wait to include Sharenberg, Freeman, Reid and Fasolo to this team.

With you on the broader ins. Scharenberg down back as third tall would make it easier to have Reid permanent forward.
Freeman a perfect sub for this year with his pace.

Based upon what I saw of the reserves on the weekend, I'd have Fasolo in over kennedy or Thomas.
1 Fas delivery is superior and it's still an area of weakness
2 Took a great contested mark and kicked truly to seal the game.

Neither of the other two impressed me, although I only caught the second half.

In Keefe, Fasolo
Out Brown, Blair

Adams to replace Ball in the midfield. Hard as him but with superior disposal.
Perhaps Dwyer as sub, with Goldsack required for match up flexibility?

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:14 pm

Just a few comments on a few posts.

I thought Blair was OK for a first hit up. Wouldn't be dropping him. Although yet to watch a replay when I'm in Clam mode. I'll watch and form an opinion.

White has never been a contested marking type. He is a big bloke that can contest in the air, but his assets are his lead up with his speed, mobility for a big bloke, and he is pretty good on the deck for a big bloke. Also a very solid set shot for goal and can have a go from outside 50. He plays a little bit like Buddy, but nowhere near as good. Not really a true KPP. More like an oversized HFF or 3rd tall. While Reid is out, he is playing our 2nd tall forward. He is better than Lynch IMO. Lynch is our only other option for the role.

Will be interesting to see if Swan plays. He did look not himself.

I reckon the on change will be Keeffe for Brown.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:33 pm

Bucks hasn't lowered his colours to this mob yet.

Enright is in doubt for them and will be a huge loss if out.

Another factor is the Cats played in the middle of the day in the Brisbane heat and humidity. A 6 day break after a hard slog in heavy conditions could be a big factor late on Saturday night.

We need a big start and get ahead early and hopefully cash in later in the game.

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:37 pm

^ according to Scott, it's no excuse for them.

Cats ball skills and link up is far better than ours ATM. If it's good weather, we'll have to significantly reduce our clangers and gel better.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:45 pm

I loathe these pussy bastards almost as much as Carlscum. ! Basically it all revolves around four guys for them, Bartel, Duckwood, Varcoe, Stevie J, and sometimes big girl Dawkins. Hold them to average games, and we win, we owe these creeps, lets get em !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:44 pm

Harrysz wrote:
Isn't Ben Sinclair injured?

Yes he is - hamstring tightness - 3wks hopefully 2.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2014-03-31/injury-update-nathan-brown-ben-sinclair-and-scott-pendlebury

Geelongpie 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:55 pm

Very nervous about the news on Pendles... They say he "should" be fine, well I never ever believe cwood when it comes to injuries. There track record with hiding injuries from the members over the last three years is really poor.
Fingers crossed he is fine because with out him - Sinclair - brown- Reid we are in big strife.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:12 pm

I can well understand you being nervous but I reckon that Pendles will definitely play against the pussies. Sinkers and Brown will definitely not play.
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:18 pm

^ LOL. So applying the CFC spin factor to convert to reality the results actually are as follows:

- Nathan Brown is having complications and will possibly die.
- Sinclair - will have is leg removed.
- Pendles - Ankle 2 years and will take a free agency opportunity wit hthe blues (ala Daisy)

Only joking. Sort of.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:45 pm

It's interesting that there is no acknowledgement of any injury to Swanny. He certainly looked crook to me. He was either injured or uninterested. Either way, we can't afford to carry him again, if he's not able to play somewhere near his best.

With Sinkers now out injured, there could be at least 3 changes to our line-up. Maybe Clarke gets a life-line as a running half back? Or maybe Fasolo is brought in to play in defence. They seem to be our best options imo.

Outs: Brown (inj), Sinclair (inj), Swan (if injured)

Ins: Keeffe, Fasolo, Kennedy
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:32 pm

Swan may be just not in form - he always looks disinterested, but he doesn't usually fumble. On the TV they said he was put forward because Bucks wanted Pendles, Beams and McCaffer in the middle - not sure about that but he is a pretty good one on one forward usually.

I'd put Kennedy in for Sinkers on the basis of the VFL game, Fasolo if they want to drop someone else too (Langdon) to get a bit more class / foot skill in.

Looking forward to it, particularly if Enright is out

- Ben
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:13 am

Looks like they'll be without Hunt as well as Enright.

With Sinkers now ruled out....

In: Keeffe, Witts, Fasolo
Out: Brown, Sinclair, Goldsack.

Not sold on Fasolo as a small defender but it's becoming a very limited pool to choose from. It's either Fas, Ramsay, Yagmoor, Clarke, or Armstrong, none of whom appear to have great form or have built up required fitness. Clarke may even have been the pick of them in the VFL.

Witts, despite peoples claims he's too slow or not ready, needs game time and I can't see how people think he's any slower than McIntosh or Simpson. He also makes Taylor/Lonergan/Rivers accountable taking pressure of Cloke.

Sack is unlucky as his game was better against the Swans and he adds flexibility. He's also a good matchup for Mackie but there aren't too many alternatives. Swan & Sidebottom have been equally shaky this season but it's unlikely you'd drop either of them. Ball has been hot and cold but his inside contested work will be invaluable against the Cats. Maybe having Adams in the side could offset Ball's omission.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:20 am

^^ They would be the changes I would go with. I especially agree with your reasoning re Witts.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:46 pm

i doubt they will drop Goldy he is too important either end.

www.facebook/the hybernators
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:36 pm

Lonergan always seems to do well on Cloke and White will find it very hard if matched up on Taylor so the suggestion of Witts or even Lynch coming in has merit.

We should then rest Grundy deep forward when not rucking to try and keep there key defenders accountable for a player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: