Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Cats - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the obvious, Brown for Keeffe, no change for mine. White's probably the only one who had a real shocker but it wasn't a great night for tall, lead up forwards. Add to that, his 1st game for the Pies and against his old club, he was always going to be a little emotionally charged and probably unsettled.

We've won our last 3 against the Cats and for the 1st time this year I'm confident of a win. I believe we have their measure. Pies by 28!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Corey Enright looks like he will be unavailable this week due to an ankle.

Now just to match up on:

Bartel, Selwood, Christiansen, Hawkins, Taylor, Taylor Hunt, Motlop, MacIntosh, Duncan, Kelly, Stokes & Varcoe then we'll be right. Wink

If we apply the same or better defensive pressure as we did against the Swans then who knows. Midfield did very well defensively last night pushing back as did the "wings " etc.

Swan looked hampered last night ? groin twinge also did a bit of a shoulder.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Don't have to worry about stopping Motlop or Christensen as they are injured. Gotta hold Hawkins, Bartel, Johnson, Selwood and the usual suspects. My changes would be:
In: Keeefe, Fasolo
Out: Langdon, Brown.

Langdon unlucky but we seriously need to add at least one quality finisher to the side and that man is Fasolo. Other options are also bring in Thomas and Kennedy.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:17 pm

Hawkins will be too busy checking out Frosty to get the ball.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:41 pm

think positive wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Well 1 change will be Brown out for Keeffe.

I tip we will win this game as well

Sounds good Dave, that'll do me

Hopefully swan can just get his sore balls rubbed, and will be fine

Cheers

How do you know he has sore testicles, did he tell you or is this some ploy for you to have a bit of a fondle??

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:34 pm

Big T wrote:
Hawkins will be too busy checking out Frosty to get the ball.

Not that there is anything wrong with that (though Frosty might disagree!!).

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Hawkins might Dominate Frost as he is Bigger and Stronger and more a Contested Player then Buddy
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:06 pm

If Hawkins dominates Frost it will happen hours after the game has ended and I don't wanna know about it
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Might be useful to have another big forward / ruck in for this game - Witts or Lynch could do the job but not sure if they're up to it. Reid would be perfect.

I reckon Adams needs a full game or a run in the twos. Dwyer will be better for the run, keep him in. Swannie I agree with others, if not fit don't play him. If fit, he should be rotated through the middle where he's most damaging IMO.

We could go with just the one change this week, which would be nice, or try to get one or Fasolo or Kennedy in for probably Langdon (or Adams if he's unlucky, that would just be based on team balance).

We'll have to be cleaner this week than against Sydney to win this one but we're in with a show. If we improve a little every week from now on we're in with a real show.

- Ben
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:55 pm

Brown26 wrote:
Might be useful to have another big forward / ruck in for this game - Witts or Lynch could do the job but not sure if they're up to it. Reid would be perfect.

I reckon Adams needs a full game or a run in the twos. Dwyer will be better for the run, keep him in. Swannie I agree with others, if not fit don't play him. If fit, he should be rotated through the middle where he's most damaging IMO.

We could go with just the one change this week, which would be nice, or try to get one or Fasolo or Kennedy in for probably Langdon (or Adams if he's unlucky, that would just be based on team balance).

We'll have to be cleaner this week than against Sydney to win this one but we're in with a show. If we improve a little every week from now on we're in with a real show.

- Ben

I don't think we can play Grundy, Cloke, White and Witts. It makes us too top heavy. I'd stick with just Cloke and White as the main tall forwards, with Goldsack as the third marking option. Grundy will get beaten most weeks, but he makes a good contest and will improve week by week.

Adams must be played on the ball where he plays best.

I expect Toovey to slowly get better as the season unfolds.

Ins: Keeffe, Kennedy

Outs: Brown (inj), Swan (inj)

I can't wait to include Sharenberg, Freeman, Reid and Fasolo to this team.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:14 am

swoop42 wrote:
Blair had a better last quarter but had little impact over the first 3.

He wasn't credited with a single tackle so once again I believe his defensive ability is overrated.

I generally agree with you that Blair had an average game and it's very rare to see him not lay a tackle for the whole match but I think you're being harsh on him based on one match he's played and we do have to remember that this was his first match back in the senior side this year.

Blair's tackling pressure should not be underestimated as shown in previous years. Last year he laid a total of 126 tackles which was the 11th highest in the competition and the highest for any player at Collingwood in 2013. Pendles was second with 119 tackles in 2013.

Blair isn't given enough credit for his role. His height disadvantages him slightly but he does have the ability to find the goals and barring his performance last night his defensive pressure is second to none.

Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:06 am

does everyone think grundy got beaten that badly the other night? If he doesn't win the tap he certainly keeps the ball in front of him of tackles the bloke that picks up the ball. He's got such great agility he reminds me of nic nats second efforts sometimes.. and he's only in his first season pretty much. Horizon is brilliant. Id bring in keefe and fasolo.. glad I don't pick who goes out for faz but.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:08 am

I find it hard to believe Blair didn't register a tackle; my recollection is of him being around the contest a fair bit.

Although I also noticed more pies players keeping their feet around the stoppage area rather than going in for the 2 or 3 on 1 tackle and still having it come loose, so maybe that affected his numbers.

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:43 am

Isn't Ben Sinclair injured?
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:56 am

swoop42 wrote:
Blair had a better last quarter but had little impact over the first 3.

He wasn't credited with a single tackle so once again I believe his defensive ability is overrated.

Dwyer only had the 11 possessions so might be under pressure from the likes of Thomas, Fasolo and Kennedy who are knocking on the door for senior selection.

White was poor.

Hard to lay a tackle when youre burrowing head first into a pack and first at the ball.

White will be better. First hit out in 4 weeks. Competed Ok at teh ruck contests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: