Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bye bye Hird?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="derkd"]
derkd wrote:
I could do what many do and just lay into Essendon because 'we hate the old enemy' but the more I have studied this. The more it just dose not sit right with me. And I say this as a defender of the AFL code, taking my pro-Collingwood hat off.

Would you take someone to court and say, their is a strong chance they might steal my car so throw them in jail? Or this person has brought humanity into disrepute so jail him???

Seriously, where is the clear cut evidence of doping that took place?? If they (ASADA or the AFL) have it then hurry up and lay charges against players or officials at the club. All that is currently happening is dragging the whole code though the mud.

Like I say, I write this with no love for Essendon or Hird. But I sense of the rule of democratic law.

Is Jobe Watson saying on national TV that he was injected with AOD-964 not enough evidence for you?

The AFL aren't at fault for dragging it so slowly through the mud, its WADA/ASADA.

They could have called Dank in months ago but waited until the eve of the season.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:20 pm

[quote="Damien"]
derkd wrote:
derkd wrote:
I could do what many do and just lay into Essendon because 'we hate the old enemy' but the more I have studied this. The more it just dose not sit right with me. And I say this as a defender of the AFL code, taking my pro-Collingwood hat off.

Would you take someone to court and say, their is a strong chance they might steal my car so throw them in jail? Or this person has brought humanity into disrepute so jail him???

Seriously, where is the clear cut evidence of doping that took place?? If they (ASADA or the AFL) have it then hurry up and lay charges against players or officials at the club. All that is currently happening is dragging the whole code though the mud.

Like I say, I write this with no love for Essendon or Hird. But I sense of the rule of democratic law.

Is Jobe Watson saying on national TV that he was injected with AOD-964 not enough evidence for you?

The AFL aren't at fault for dragging it so slowly through the mud, its WADA/ASADA.

They could have called Dank in months ago but waited until the eve of the season.

If I am correct Jobe said he 'thinks' he was injected with it. No one is quite sure what they were or were not injected with. And what was or was not legal or banned. At any rate... Does it not all come back to my same point if this matter was so clearly cut 'illegal' where are the charges?

If the pies got stung for something like this I would not want it dragging on year after year.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:34 pm

[quote="Damien"]
derkd wrote:
derkd wrote:

^^^^^

THIS.

Why wait SO long to interview Dank? I mean 13 bloody months?

A tortoise could walk from Melbourne to Mildura faster than that...... :roll
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:37 pm

David wrote:
Have I missed something here? Isn't his wife an adult human being who is entitled to report the facts as she recalls them? She was the one being interviewed, not him. I don't get how this interview makes Hird's position less tenable—if anything, it's Demetriou who should be sweating.

David, Tanya Hirds comments were not some off the cuff remark. She would have done this to cause damage, she would have done this with planning & consultation with PR people & with their legal team (she's a top lawyers in her own right).

The issue is not so mch what she said although that is bad enough but the timing.

1. James Hird was on the Hanger (The Don's version of the club) this week as he is about to be imprisoned with his family in France & Singapore.

2. Essendon are trying to put the past behind them & dare I say move forward.

3. Tonight marks the first round of a new season. Tonight symbolises a new start with some clear air for the players firstly, the supporters secondly & the club overall - both James & Tania Hird put themselves ahead of the club.

4. Dustin Fletcher is about to break a club record surpassing the great Simon Madden. A milestone that equally symbolises a new beginning with clear air if not a positive momentum to kickstart the season.

5. The timing of what both James & especially Tania Hird has allowed this to be seen to be about them at the expense of the players & club.

I think they were poorly advised. Then again he's shown he's not a good manager or decision maker & this seems to further that.

Even if she thinks she's right, being right doesn't make her outpouring right. Timing is everything be it comedy, tragedy or the Essendon farce.

It is in this context that Hirds coaching position is less tenable than it was.

Last edited by watt price tully on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Oops Embarassed
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:24 pm

John Wren wrote:
King Malta wrote:
David wrote:
Have I missed something here? Isn't his wife an adult human being who is entitled to report the facts as she recalls them? She was the one being interviewed, not him. I don't get how this interview makes Hird's position less tenable—if anything, it's Demetriou who should be sweating.

She's stirring the pot and bringing the situation back to the fore though.

He's admitted his guilt in regards to bringing the game into disrepute and accepted his penalty which was handed down by the AFL. For them to now be turning around and slinging mud on the AFL is stupid in my opinion, why not do that in the first place?

They're simply dragging the situation and the club which has (wrongly I feel) stood by them back into the spotlight, stupid stuff.

she is being his mouthpiece.

what i don't get is why it is such an important point that demetriou leaked the investigation to the bombers other than a possible breach of confidentiality.

You serious mate? If it was proven that he did tip them off, you wouldn't draw any inferences?

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:29 pm

[quote="derkd"]
Damien wrote:
derkd wrote:
derkd wrote:

If I am correct Jobe said he 'thinks' he was injected with it. No one is quite sure what they were or were not injected with. And what was or was not legal or banned. At any rate... Does it not all come back to my same point if this matter was so clearly cut 'illegal' where are the charges?

If the pies got stung for something like this I would not want it dragging on year after year.

The charges are coming. Infraction notices will be issued. Dank holds the key but he has indicated that he won't show and it'll become a massive legal stoush. It's gunna be a long drawn out process which will derail the bombers season 2014 and there will be no winners only losers.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Damien wrote:
The charges are coming. Infraction notices will be issued. Dank holds the key but he has indicated that he won't show and it'll become a massive legal stoush. It's gunna be a long drawn out process which will derail the bombers season 2014 and there will be no winners only losers.

Don't know if he really knows or not but just this afternoon, Dank said that there wouldn't be any infraction notices issued to Essenscum players.... Rolling Eyes
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Hird is being paid $1,000,000 ti have a years holiday. If that's being made a scapegoat, where do I sign up?

STFU and take the money.

To play hypothetical, even if Andy D DID do what Ms Hird suggests, surely that (regardless of propriety) would be trying to warn them not hang him out to dry?

Self entitled CUB's. **** off and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

This says it quite well.

Quote:
JAMES Hird, courtesy of his sense of injustice and opinionated wife Tania, is rapidly losing the public goodwill he has built over the past two decades.
When the drugs saga first broke over a year ago Hird was looked upon as a victim and remained the club’s favourite son.
Six months later, as his team completed another inglorious ending to a home-and-away season, there were the odd jeers from previous loyalists.
Now, after Tania Hird’s extraordinary outburst on the ABC’s 7.30 program last night when she again attacked the credibility of AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou, Hird has lost many and severely tested the patience of others.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/favourite-son-james-hird-and-wife-tania-should-shut-up-and-let-essendon-play/story-fndv8gad-1226860995620

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Lazza wrote:
Damien wrote:
Just shows the ego of the man. He thinks the individual is bigger than the club after all they've done/are doing for him. Enjoy the cheese in France James and Tanya.

Could you believe that the dumb Essenscum members are paying for Hird to be in France for 4 months?? What utter bloody fools...... Shocked Rolling Eyes

I just heard on the News,that pretty boy is getting around ONE MILLION this year, for doing sweet bugger all, sitting on his arse, holidays. My god, are essendoper fans so stupid, why don't they just sack this overrated wanker coach and move on, Thommo can do the job better than Hird anyway. ! Confused Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Damien wrote:
Just shows the ego of the man. He thinks the individual is bigger than the club after all they've done/are doing for him. Enjoy the cheese in France James and Tanya.

Could you believe that the dumb Essenscum members are paying for Hird to be in France for 4 months?? What utter bloody fools...... Shocked Rolling Eyes

I just heard on the News,that pretty boy is getting around ONE MILLION this year, for doing sweet bugger all, sitting on his arse, holidays. My god, are essendoper fans so stupid, why don't they just sack this overrated wanker coach and move on, Thommo can do the job better than Hird anyway. ! Confused Rolling Eyes

As much as I despise them it is a bit sad that probably their favourite son of all time is going to be alienated from their club forever at the end of this whole sorry saga.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Damien wrote:

Couldn't be much more stupid then extending a coaches contract who can't coach by a couple of years...

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:05 pm

Gawn
matrix10 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:17 pm

I can't really blame Tania for sticking up for her husband- I'd want my wife to do the same.

The fact is Hird is a scapgoat- although far from a completely blameless one.

Despite his faults- the rotund Cypriot did the only thing he could given the situation- hang Hird out to dry for the sake of the greater good- the AFL.

The AFL does not want a full scale investigation into the 'supplements' programs at clubs, because if this were the case it is likely all clubs would be in breach of ASADA/WADA codes.

Let's not fool ourselves that Essendope was the only club experimenting.

They were warned not to employ Dank, they ignored the advice- here lies the arrogance of Hird- he basically thumbed his nose at the powers that be and sailed too close to the wind. Shit was about to hit the fan and Dimi had to do something.

Choice 1- full scale investigation into all 18 clubs sports science departments- resulting in competition folding

Choice 2- Throw an AFL goldan child to the wolves and let everything continue as normal.

Hird and his wife's biggest mistake is to think that the general public actually care more about him than the AFL competition.

Added to the Carlolton dodgy salary cap ine=vestments with a fromer board member and the haircuts- and it almost makes last weeks loss seem a distant memory.
Go Pies!
Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:20 pm

As Stui has already said, if being a scapegoat and hung out to dry means getting a million bucks and 12 months holidays, sign me up.

The Hirds should stfu and just be thankful that his career wasn't miraculously ruined by his irresponsibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: