Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bye bye Hird?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
What's their supporter slogan this year? "Hide the Stash"?

See the bombers get high?..... Laughing
Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:49 am

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
King Malta wrote:
David wrote:
Have I missed something here? Isn't his wife an adult human being who is entitled to report the facts as she recalls them? She was the one being interviewed, not him. I don't get how this interview makes Hird's position less tenable—if anything, it's Demetriou who should be sweating.

She's stirring the pot and bringing the situation back to the fore though.

He's admitted his guilt in regards to bringing the game into disrepute and accepted his penalty which was handed down by the AFL. For them to now be turning around and slinging mud on the AFL is stupid in my opinion, why not do that in the first place?

They're simply dragging the situation and the club which has (wrongly I feel) stood by them back into the spotlight, stupid stuff.

she is being his mouthpiece.

what i don't get is why it is such an important point that demetriou leaked the investigation to the bombers other than a possible breach of confidentiality.

Not a very professional thing to do if you are in such an important position as Dimi is in JW and fully impacts on a thorough independent investigation. Strong evidence can be destroyed, documents can be shredded, people warned to shut up or make themselves scarce, items removed from the club etc.
Far more an important issue than a simple breach of confidentiality mate. It’s like a Police Chief warning a bikie gang about an impending raid Rolling Eyes

IF Dimmi was told 1st hand by ASADA or the ACC about Essendon then told the club, I think he's in trouble.

But if he got wind of it 2nd or 3rd hand (by those outside ASADA and the ACC/government), then told Essendon... I don't think he has a problem.

But if the AFL and the current Essendon CEO and all say Dimmi never told them, then I think their word is greater than that of the Turds and I'm likely to believe Dimmi never said a word.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:56 am

Brenny wrote:
Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
King Malta wrote:
David wrote:
Have I missed something here? Isn't his wife an adult human being who is entitled to report the facts as she recalls them? She was the one being interviewed, not him. I don't get how this interview makes Hird's position less tenable—if anything, it's Demetriou who should be sweating.

He's admitted his guilt in regards to bringing the game into disrepute and accepted his penalty which was handed down by the AFL. For them to now be turning around and slinging mud on the AFL is stupid in my opinion, why not do that in the first place?

They're simply dragging the situation and the club which has (wrongly I feel) stood by them back into the spotlight, stupid stuff.

what i don't get is why it is such an important point that demetriou leaked the investigation to the bombers other than a possible breach of confidentiality.

Not a very professional thing to do if you are in such an important position as Dimi is in JW and fully impacts on a thorough independent investigation. Strong evidence can be destroyed, documents can be shredded, people warned to shut up or make themselves scarce, items removed from the club etc.
Far more an important issue than a simple breach of confidentiality mate. It’s like a Police Chief warning a bikie gang about an impending raid Rolling Eyes

IF Dimmi was told 1st hand by ASADA or the ACC about Essendon then told the club, I think he's in trouble.

But if he got wind of it 2nd or 3rd hand (by those outside ASADA and the ACC/government), then told Essendon... I don't think he has a problem.

But if the AFL and the current Essendon CEO and all say Dimmi never told them, then I think their word is greater than that of the Turds and I'm likely to believe Dimmi never said a word.

Agree with all but your second para.

I don’t think spreading such an unsubstantiated rumour to the people directly involved is an excuse. If it wasn’t a rumour, that's worse. It's bad for Dimi either way IF he said what is alleged he did.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:58 am

Need to hear from David Evans as to what exactly happened.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
King Malta wrote:
David wrote:

not sure your analogy is correct. the police chief does not have the bikies' interests at heart or that of a wider bikie organisation. it would depend on his motives for "leaking" the investigation. you'd think, in a sense, giving someone a heads up might be prudent.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:23 pm

John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
King Malta wrote:
David wrote:

not sure your analogy is correct. the police chief does not have the bikies' interests at heart or that of a wider bikie organisation. it would depend on his motives for "leaking" the investigation. you'd think, in a sense, giving someone a heads up might be prudent.

Dimi is technically and theoretically meant to be totally independent of having club interests at heart. His interest is in the entire AFL. Giving a naughty club a heads up about an investigation regarding it's naughtiness is at the very least a major confict of interest I would have thought...... Rolling Eyes
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:27 pm

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
King Malta wrote:
David wrote:

Dimi is technically and theoretically meant to be totally independent of having club interests at heart. His interest is in the entire AFL. Giving a naughty club a heads up about an investigation regarding it's naughtiness is at the very least a major confict of interest I would have thought...... Rolling Eyes

the commission is meant to be independent. how independent is the afl executive?

anyway, the less we see of hird the better.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Haven't ASADA confirmed that Dimitriou could not have told Essendon that they were being investigated because they did not tell him?

However...

If ASADA told him that A club was being investigated, and Dimitriou was ringing clubs to warn them that A club was about to be named, a guilty club could construe incorrectly that THEY SPECIFICALLY were being warned.
Warbler 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:40 pm

I couldn't stand the arrogant Turd when he played .

Couldn't stand him when he coached .

I'm just waiting for Essendrugs to sack him & then sit back while he pouts , sooks & points the finger at everyone but himself , until even Essendrug supporters are as sick of him as I am .

GO PIES
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:49 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Who cares?

This!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:41 pm

rumours were rife in the AFL (apparently) that a club(s) was about to be investigated.

Dimitriou could simply have said to Evans something along the lines of "if this is Essendon you better get prepared to deal with it" . If this is the case its probably not cut and dry that there was a 'tip off' as he could have just been responding to what everyone else was apparently talking about.

Tania Hird however was very specific in her words last night. She said that AD said to Evans that 'Essendon' was to be investigated.

I tell ya what if Hird gets the bullet he will go down swinging big time. I assume he's signed all sorts of agreements that will prevent him bad-mouthing the club and vice-versa. But his lawyers will go for the jugular of everyone else given half a chance.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:47 pm

I have met some people who worked closely with Hirdy's wife and say she is a highly intelligent lady. Not one to shoot her mouth off for no reason.

And I got to say to Hird/Essendon's defense. Why isn't the AFL's role in this whole saga being investigated more closely? Where there is smoke their is often fire!

I understand Hird brought the game in to disrepute, but if the allegations of 'drug use' were so clear cut... Why have any charges not been pressed and properly tested in a court of law, rather then trail by AFL?!?
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 pm

I could do what many do and just lay into Essendon because 'we hate the old enemy' but the more I have studied this. The more it just dose not sit right with me. And I say this as a defender of the AFL code, taking my pro-Collingwood hat off.

Would you take someone to court and say, their is a strong chance they might steal my car so throw them in jail? Or this person has brought humanity into disrepute so jail him???

Seriously, where is the clear cut evidence of doping that took place?? If they (ASADA or the AFL) have I then hurry up and lay charges against players or officials at the club. All that is currently happening is dragging the whole code though the mud.

Last edited by derkd on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
the pie guy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:54 pm

What exactly did Demetriou do wrong other than, allegedly/possibly warn a mate/team that they may be under investigation. IF, IF he did this then what harm did it do other than show bad judgement in trying to help someone with a monumental EGO.
Did Dimi supply the supplements, did he tell the players they were OK to take, did he know or condone what Essendon were doing NO TO ALL.
In the last 20 years there were 3 players that I admired more than all others, Voss - can't coach, Hird believes he should be bigger than his club or indeed the game and Bucks, who is the only one I still respect.
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:01 pm

[quote="derkd"]I could do what many do and just lay into Essendon because 'we hate the old enemy' but the more I have studied this. The more it just dose not sit right with me. And I say this as a defender of the AFL code, taking my pro-Collingwood hat off.

Would you take someone to court and say, their is a strong chance they might steal my car so throw them in jail? Or this person has brought humanity into disrepute so jail him???

Seriously, where is the clear cut evidence of doping that took place?? If they (ASADA or the AFL) have it then hurry up and lay charges against players or officials at the club. All that is currently happening is dragging the whole code though the mud.

Like I say, I write this with no love for Essendon or Hird. But I sense of the rule of democratic law.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: