Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Faz

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Some conflicting reports but generally positive. Going off that, I think he should come in. If he's fit and playing reasonable footy, that's good enough for me
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:37 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Settle, sem. He was good but got caught out for pace a few times and that was in the absence of any serious opposition. He could have Elliott's spot, I suppose - but if they want to persist with turning him into a defensive midfielder, he's got a long way to go. I thought he was one of their best 5 today but he didn't look ready to play the same role at senior level.

Rubbish. He was clearly BOG. Marking elite. Kicking elite. A cut above the rest today. Will come straight in. Can only play whatever the opposition puts up, and he destroyed Bendigo. I'd still keep him half forward for now until he builds a tank, but looks like Bucks wants elite kicks from defence.

These are, of course, matters of taste but, for what it's worth, the club site lists the best players as "Collingwood: Dwyer, Martin, Lynch, Keeffe, Fasolo, Corr". The report says that Dwyer was named best afield. http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/season/vfl/2014-results/practice-match-v-bendigo
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Happy for Faz to play in defence in the VFL
One criticism of him has been the lack of accountability let him learn it while in the VFL

If he is ready then promote him

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:15 pm
Post subject: Re: fazReply with quote

sem wrote:
Faz was best on ground at vic park this afternoon

Wasn't at the game but quite a few reviews I've read suggest Dwyer BOG.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 pm

35forever wrote:
We had two guys who could kick out from a behind, and Collingwood threw them both away in equally shameful examples of the current administration's 'style'.
Neon was kicking out with incredible skill in 2011, at one point he was 100% in clearing the ball to the mids, and had virtually invented a new position, the result was huge success, an All-Australian spot, and being dumped by Collingwood because he wanted the SAME money as he was getting.

The other was Heater, and his dumping was surrounded by flat out lying from Collingwood. He DID want to stay, admitted he had been foolish, was prepared to change fundamentally to do so, and Collingwood tossed him & told us it was mutual. It wasn't.

Now we can't get out of the back line, imagine that!!
I've never seen a side so easily ignored by the opposition as they ran thru the middle with Black & White jumpers 20 feet behind. I wonder who is to blame for the atrocious lack of strategy? Maxy? Tooves? hmmmmmm?

This probably doesn't tally with your rhetoric but Leon was so good that not a single other club wanted to pay him what he was asking hence his AFL career finishing earlier than it otherwise would've.

And if you call Heath kicking the ball to himself, playing on and then kicking out on the full good then your judgment is seriously flawed. He was a fukking hopeless kick-in. Rolling Eyes
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:45 pm

If Faz is fit enough to play 4 quarters, he plays.

Either end it doesn't matter.

He's quality.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:35 pm

jackcass wrote:
sem wrote:

fro my vantage point i thought dwyer was bog. fas got more minutes in his legs. looks ok down back.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:59 am

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
sem wrote:

fro my vantage point i thought dwyer was bog. fas got more minutes in his legs. looks ok down back.

Definitely the main advantage out of these VFL games, match fitness for senior players. Over the next few weeks imagine we'll start to get Oxley, Gault, Freeman, and Seedsman back as well.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:16 am

Flashman wrote:
If Faz is fit enough to play 4 quarters, he plays.

Either end it doesn't matter.

He's quality.

Simple and spot on!

Guts42 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:01 am

He isn't looking too bad folks!!
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:09 am

He has got better each week. He made a couple of mistakes which media knobs jumped on, yet they missed the awesome stuff he did... The fas is a breath of fresh air. I love a guy who yells at team mates t " give me the ball" because he hits targets. His confidence is brilliant. Plus I think (unlike Leon Davis) he hits targets when it matters. Time will tell. Sinclair could come back and Fas goes fwd again but I'm really loving what Fas does off half back!
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:33 am

I don't want him forward. Defending has made him look to his weaknesses and find ways to deal with them. He's a better, more dependable player now than he ever was a forward. (OK, too early to say that, but I bet you it's true. Wait and see.) Playing back suits him, and his defensive game suits our attack. Send someone else forward!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:36 am

I'm waiting. No I do not see.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:43 am

Tannin wrote:
I don't want him forward. Defending has made him look to his weaknesses and find ways to deal with them. He's a better, more dependable player now than he ever was a forward. (OK, too early to say that, but I bet you it's true. Wait and see.) Playing back suits him, and his defensive game suits our attack. Send someone else forward!

It is only his third AFL game in defence but he seems desperate for the ball and has some spark in his movement. Unless he gets "found" out I'm happy for him to stay in def. Either way, its gonna help Fas to become a mid or a player that can play either end. Very smart coaching considering the Williams scenario. Fingers crossed for Marley for 22 April 2014. Unfortunately, it seems things will get worse before they get better for Marley
delcorp 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:45 am

Please keep him there and leave Sinclair out, please. Faz has the smarts sometimes too smart but does not butcher the ball.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: