Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Faz

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
Yep, let's turn the one player who's a good set shot for goal into a backman.

Agreed much prefer Fas as a lead up forward , very handy mark and can kick a sausage roll. Will be wasted down back!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:05 pm

MAGPIEAVENGER wrote:
Having Faz down back could be handy.

He has a lot of "X-factor" and pace.

Pace? Haha. He is bloody slow.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Defender wrote:
Yep, let's turn the one player who's a good set shot for goal into a backman.

there was just as much concern when LEON -one of the best crumbers and small forwards who lead the competition for FWD 50 tackles was put in the back line.

Accurate and penetrating kicking from the back line offers far more potentially for the team at this time, than Fas having no impact up FWD while watching us struggle to rebound from the back line.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:59 pm

We had two guys who could kick out from a behind, and Collingwood threw them both away in equally shameful examples of the current administration's 'style'.
Neon was kicking out with incredible skill in 2011, at one point he was 100% in clearing the ball to the mids, and had virtually invented a new position, the result was huge success, an All-Australian spot, and being dumped by Collingwood because he wanted the SAME money as he was getting.

The other was Heater, and his dumping was surrounded by flat out lying from Collingwood. He DID want to stay, admitted he had been foolish, was prepared to change fundamentally to do so, and Collingwood tossed him & told us it was mutual. It wasn't.

Now we can't get out of the back line, imagine that!!
I've never seen a side so easily ignored by the opposition as they ran thru the middle with Black & White jumpers 20 feet behind. I wonder who is to blame for the atrocious lack of strategy? Maxy? Tooves? hmmmmmm?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:30 pm

Guts42 wrote:
I thought leon was very good 1 on 1... I remember being suprised at how good he was at the beginning. Mooney played back pocket on saturday and didnt look out of place but the team essendon put out was very average

Leon was a very good 1 on 1 forward so not that surprising
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Joel wrote:
MAGPIEAVENGER wrote:

Pace and agility certainly not elite
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:35 pm

35forever wrote:
We had two guys who could kick out from a behind, and Collingwood threw them both away in equally shameful examples of the current administration's 'style'.
Neon was kicking out with incredible skill in 2011, at one point he was 100% in clearing the ball to the mids, and had virtually invented a new position, the result was huge success, an All-Australian spot, and being dumped by Collingwood because he wanted the SAME money as he was getting.

The other was Heater, and his dumping was surrounded by flat out lying from Collingwood. He DID want to stay, admitted he had been foolish, was prepared to change fundamentally to do so, and Collingwood tossed him & told us it was mutual. It wasn't.

Now we can't get out of the back line, imagine that!!
I've never seen a side so easily ignored by the opposition as they ran thru the middle with Black & White jumpers 20 feet behind. I wonder who is to blame for the atrocious lack of strategy? Maxy? Tooves? hmmmmmm?

Leon chose not to accept the contract offered and Heater was terrible at taking kick ins..... just saying!
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:57 am

jackcass wrote:
Joel wrote:
MAGPIEAVENGER wrote:

Pace and agility certainly not elite

Not elite? I've seen brewery wagons move quicker!

In all seriousness he's not that slow, certainly not quick, but gets by enough for mid size forwards if played back

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:34 pm
Post subject: fazReply with quote

Faz was best on ground at vic park this afternoon
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Settle, sem. He was good but got caught out for pace a few times and that was in the absence of any serious opposition. He could have Elliott's spot, I suppose - but if they want to persist with turning him into a defensive midfielder, he's got a long way to go. I thought he was one of their best 5 today but he didn't look ready to play the same role at senior level.
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:05 pm
Post subject: the FazReply with quote

OK pies you could be right so who were your best 5 and in view of last week who do you think from today will get promoted ?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:18 pm

I think its difficult to say, given the poor quality of the opposition. I'd like to see Dwyer come up because he's one of the cleanest ball handlers on the list - but I tend to agree with Beast's comment in the pre- match thread that Dwyer needs one more run. Keeffe is certainly ready. Depending upon how the match committee views the immediate needs, Blair might come in. I am assuming that Kennedy will stay in the firsts.

Of the listed players who are eligible for AFL, in my opinion, Dwyer was best, Lynch and LK were next, then Blair and Fasolo. On what I saw, I wouldn't play Goldie, Clarke or Armstrong. But I am very wary about assessing players for senior roles on today's game because it was scarcely even match-simulation given the opposition.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Settle, sem. He was good but got caught out for pace a few times and that was in the absence of any serious opposition. He could have Elliott's spot, I suppose - but if they want to persist with turning him into a defensive midfielder, he's got a long way to go. I thought he was one of their best 5 today but he didn't look ready to play the same role at senior level.

Rubbish. He was clearly BOG. Marking elite. Kicking elite. A cut above the rest today. Will come straight in. Can only play whatever the opposition puts up, and he destroyed Bendigo. I'd still keep him half forward for now until he builds a tank, but looks like Bucks wants elite kicks from defence.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Q Stick also needs to be promoted, 2 BOGs and a work ethic sadly missing in the over paid nancies who disgraced the club last week.
boofa 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Faz played well today down back. he marked strongly and kicked well to position. should play next week against Sydney.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: