Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#28 Ben Sinclair

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Museman wrote:
The very best NEVER do, about 3 mins to go in the 2nd he picks up the ball in a scrimmage at half back and proceeds to handball it 6 inchs to harry..who loses the ball in a tackle and is penalized.

You need to watch the game before mouthing such patent rubbish. When Sincs handballed, Harry was in the clear and calling for it, but with an opposition player approaching at speed. Lumumba had ample time to dispose of the ball but - typical Harry, when did you ever see him do anything else? - he chose to go for a run and took six steps (yes, count 'em, six steps) before he lost it in the tackle. And for this you blame Sinclair?

Well farnarkle me.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:53 pm

At time t. Where did - he chose to go for a run and take six steps yes count 'em six steps he lost it in the tackle?
roar 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Tannin wrote:
Back to serious business now. I reckon Ben Sinclair might just become the new Ben Johnson: fast, courageous to a fault, versatile, universally reviled for bad disposal long after, through relentless application and will to improve, he has lifted his disposal efficiency up to be amongst the highest in the club.

I am NOT saying Sinclair has done that or that he is the new Ben Johnson, just that he seems to be headed in that direction. Keep working on it, young Sinclair, if (like BJ) you can dedicate yourself to mastering disposal and concentrating 100% on every kick to make it as accurate and damaging as a kick can be, you'll play a lot more games in black and white stripes.

Great post, Tannin!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:48 pm

roar wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Back to serious business now. I reckon Ben Sinclair might just become the new Ben Johnson: fast, courageous to a fault, versatile, universally reviled for bad disposal long after, through relentless application and will to improve, he has lifted his disposal efficiency up to be amongst the highest in the club.

I am NOT saying Sinclair has done that or that he is the new Ben Johnson, just that he seems to be headed in that direction. Keep working on it, young Sinclair, if (like BJ) you can dedicate yourself to mastering disposal and concentrating 100% on every kick to make it as accurate and damaging as a kick can be, you'll play a lot more games in black and white stripes.

Great post, Tannin!

What he said. Wink
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:35 am

Doc63 wrote:
Channel 7 news reported that he tweaked a hammy during the last quarter.

For crying out loud we are cursed with injuries if this is true! Hopefully it's not serious enough to rule him out of the side against Geelong.

Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:09 pm

Nice to see Sinkers finally get acknowledged by the majority of this board, a year is a long time in Football

Sinclair is not an AFL player
Wink
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:50 pm

I remember that thread, and have to admit, I agreed with it. Glad to be proven wrong, the kid has gone from strength to strength since his move to defence.
Museman 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Tannin wrote:
Museman wrote:
The very best NEVER do, about 3 mins to go in the 2nd he picks up the ball in a scrimmage at half back and proceeds to handball it 6 inchs to harry..who loses the ball in a tackle and is penalized.

You need to watch the game before mouthing such patent rubbish. When Sincs handballed, Harry was in the clear and calling for it, but with an opposition player approaching at speed. Lumumba had ample time to dispose of the ball but - typical Harry, when did you ever see him do anything else? - he chose to go for a run and took six steps (yes, count 'em, six steps) before he lost it in the tackle. And for this you blame Sinclair?

Well farnarkle me.
Settle down sister, probably wouldn't be able to describe the play if I hadn't actually watched it.

I'm tipping you were never much good at playing football, dumb decisions = shit football.
Players call for the ball while out of position/under heat/blindsided quite regularly ...here is a little insight for you...good thinkers don't give it to them.

If you cannot tell that was a stupid handball in the situation, then please refrain from discussing football with me because you clearly have no idea of it. Rolling Eyes
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Beast wrote:
Nice to see Sinkers finally get acknowledged by the majority of this board, a year is a long time in Football

Sinclair is not an AFL player
Wink

Sinkers is a lot closer to being an AFL player than some on here being true Collingwood supporters.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Museman wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Museman wrote:

Well farnarkle me.
Settle down sister, probably wouldn't be able to describe the play if I hadn't actually watched it.

I'm tipping you were never much good at playing football, dumb decisions = shit football.
Players call for the ball while out of position/under heat/blindsided quite regularly ...here is a little insight for you...good thinkers don't give it to them.

If you cannot tell that was a stupid handball in the situation, then please refrain from discussing football with me because you clearly have no idea of it. Rolling Eyes

Watch the replay to see writ large the stupidity you just posted. As anyone can see for himself, Harry played on and took six paces before he was tackled. Harry made no attempt to dispose of the ball, he presumably thought he could break the tackle (which is typical Harry) but he was caught fair and square and gave the pill away. Blaming Sinclair for Harry's dumb play well after Sinclair's handpass is beyond absurd. It is right out there in Bizzaroland.

Museman 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:33 pm

Tannin wrote:
Museman wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Museman wrote:

Well farnarkle me.

Watch the replay to see writ large the stupidity you just posted. As anyone can see for himself, Harry played on and took six paces before he was tackled. Harry made no attempt to dispose of the ball, he presumably thought he could break the tackle (which is typical Harry) but he was caught fair and square and gave the pill away. Blaming Sinclair for Harry's dumb play well after Sinclair's handpass is beyond absurd. It is right out there in Bizzaroland.

Harry played on Confused there was no stop play...no need to play on the ball was in play....

Harry could have taken 20 steps, it doesn't matter he wasn't in a good position to make the call...as I said players often do that, the key is Sinclair made an incorrect decision....he was in a position to see how play might unfold.

Not sure why you are getting your panties in a bunch anyway, I wasn't bagging the bloke out, I was simply stating it's still a part of his game that worries me, (a certain R Shaw used to have a similar panic type mode) I also stated I'd seen him play similar type games only to taper off in form...observations that's about it.

Ya not related are ya?
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:34 pm

^It was a rushed handball with perceived pressure. Option wasn't great to a stationary Lumumba with his back turned to our goals.

Difficult for Lumumba to do anything from that situation but take a step and try and get play going back toward our way.

Genius in the play was H picking out Rohan to concede the free kick to as he proceeded to shank it out on the full!

Would Pendles have taken that option? Probably not, but he is our best players and Top 3 or so in the game.

Unfortunate, but I do not see major fault in either player on that occasion. I am a bit more sympathetic to H trying to provide run on occasion. It can be a real spark for our team and it usually works well against our opponent on Saturday night.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 pm

^^I get the impression Tannin's not a big H fan Wink.

I'm with you though. I'll take the occasional misstep where he's caught with the ball for the many line-breaking runs that open up the play. Harry's just about our most effective offensive player through the middle of the ground and played an excellent game against the Swans.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:21 pm

No no, I am a huge Lumumba fan. For every time Harry stuffs it up royally, gets caught, and gives away the free, there are two times when he takes on the tackler, brushes him aside, and bursts through to effect a damaging passage of play. How can you not love Big H?

But for all the brilliance of his bullocking runs, he has no apparent ability to exercise discretion with them, and is conspicuously lacking in the ability most genuine midfielders have to take possession and dispose of it to advantage quickly, the best of them sometimes doing so in the same motion. Quick hands are a huge asset to a midfielder (or any footballer - look at players like Beams and Ball and Pendlebury and Swan and the amazing Didak. Now we don't expect Harry to morph into an outstanding inside mid overnight, but as a midfielder now he needs to work on his disposal skills. Not the accurate disposition of the ball - he does fine on that front, or would if he could learn to get rid of it before he's thrown off-balance by a tackler - but the timing of his disposals. The best players can hold it and run or else hand it off immediately, depending on circumstances. Not Harry: he always hangs on to it for awhile first. The amazing thing about him is that, through a combination of brute strength, deceptive speed, and that special Harry magic, he so often gets away with it.

MOTR 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:56 am

Just loving how Sinclair's injury is being seen as a liability. This would not always have been the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: