Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#28 Ben Sinclair

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

King Malta wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
The kid is a great player. He's just what we need....fast, ferocious, fearless and despite what some might say, a generally good user of the ball. I'm glad to say I was on his band wagon 2 years ago and I haven't jumped off. The kid will be a gun.

At least we've had room to spread our wings on the bandwagon Rudey.

I'll get some jackets made up.

Remember that for Jackcass, you will need a straight jacket..... Rolling Eyes
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:30 pm

hmmmm... looks like my wings are getting clipped.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:31 pm

slydog81 wrote:
MagpieMad wrote:
E wrote:
slydog81 wrote:
Not a big fan of Sinkers because of his disposal but I certainly like his intent..its his exection that gives me the shits.

Even that goal he kicked last week was a stinking kick.

I think he will be replaced by Marley if he comes back although I would love to have Sinkers in the team if he could improve his disposal by foot.

exection gives me the shits too - whatever that means. sinkers makes fewer clangers than Heath Shaw and is capable of being just as good!
also makes far fewer than Ben Johnson used to too, he became serviceable Smile

You're not saying sinkers is a better kick than Benny J are you??

same age Sinkers is way better, weren't you here for the NATO years?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:48 pm

E wrote:
Actually, what this really shows is that Sinclair failed to execute the most basic of 1 per centers - the shepherd!

I agree - and I mentioned this myself earlier, as you may remember. But note also that Harry failed to dispose of the ball to a player in the clear and elected instead to try to be a hero with a bullocking run through traffic.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:42 pm

E wrote:
Tannin wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Overall though, I don't know why we're focusing on one piece of play as it proves nothing either way.

Actually, this is not so.

In fact it proves beyond doubt that Museman - who brought it up in the first place - is a distinguished senior member of the Completely Clueless Club.

Watch:

1: Sinclair takes possession of a hotly-contested ball during a close, hard-fought match.

2: Off-balance, Sinclair handballs immediately to a player in the clear. (Harry.)

3: The ball changes hands as a Swan bears down.

4: Harry sets off on one of his trademark runs, holding the ball above his head to begin with, as he so often does. (Nobody knows why, it's just what Harry does.) At this point, Sinclair has a choice between blocking the Swan to protect Harry (though it's probably too late for this, if you look carefully you can see that the Swan is a pace behind Sinclair and moving fast) or finding space. He does the latter.

5: Sinclair moves into the clear, making space for Harry's return handball. Harry runs into trouble. (Notice Brown directing traffic. Is he telling Harry to watch out, or telling him to pass it back to Sinclair?)

6: And as predictably as night follows day, Harry gets tackled and loses possession. Brown is still telling him what to do with the ball; Sinclair is in the clear waiting for the pass that never comes.

Now you are free to place your own different interpretation on the play and I doubt I'd argue too much about the details of it. Museman's silly claim, however, is comprehensively debunked, and with it any remaining claim he had to what was left of his credibility.

Actually, what this really shows is that Sinclair failed to execute the most basic of 1 per centers - the shepherd! If he had of shepherded the Sydney player he would have bought harry time to take 17 bounces and run into an open goal.

you guys are crapping on about this play. what about the one where he had a poor disposal that meant the ball was basically in jeopardy at the 45 meter line straight in front of the opponents goal. He then skillfully regathered the ball only to handball it behind his teammate who was running away from his player at half back, meaning that the opponent got the ball and pushed it straight back inside 50!

That was his only real clanger of the night.

the one above is just a case of miscommunication. I think sinkers wanted the ball back on the run up the guts and Harry probably thought he was going to get a shepherd. this probably doesn't happen in ten weeks once they start to gel better.

Yep, that's the play I thought was in question.

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
slydog81 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:02 am

dupl post

Last edited by slydog81 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
slydog81 

Last edited by slydog81 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total
slydog81 

MagpieMad wrote:
slydog81 wrote:
MagpieMad wrote:
E wrote:
slydog81 wrote:
Not a big fan of Sinkers because of his disposal but I certainly like his intent..its his exection that gives me the shits.

Even that goal he kicked last week was a stinking kick.

I think he will be replaced by Marley if he comes back although I would love to have Sinkers in the team if he could improve his disposal by foot.

exection gives me the shits too - whatever that means. sinkers makes fewer clangers than Heath Shaw and is capable of being just as good!
also makes far fewer than Ben Johnson used to too, he became serviceable Smile

You're not saying sinkers is a better kick than Benny J are you??

same age Sinkers is way better, weren't you here for the NATO years?

Dear lord!

Benny J was top 6 best and fairest in 2002 and 2003

Please stop trying to compare the two.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:30 am

slydog81 wrote:
Dear lord!

Benny J was top 6 best and fairest in 2002 and 2003

Please stop trying to compare the two.

Finished 2nd in 2004 and 2006. But even then his kicking was maligned by some supporters which is why people are using him as a comparison. If he turns out to be half as good I'll be very happy.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
E wrote:
Tannin wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Overall though, I don't know why we're focusing on one piece of play as it proves nothing either way.

Actually, this is not so.

In fact it proves beyond doubt that Museman - who brought it up in the first place - is a distinguished senior member of the Completely Clueless Club.

Watch:

1: Sinclair takes possession of a hotly-contested ball during a close, hard-fought match.

2: Off-balance, Sinclair handballs immediately to a player in the clear. (Harry.)

3: The ball changes hands as a Swan bears down.

4: Harry sets off on one of his trademark runs, holding the ball above his head to begin with, as he so often does. (Nobody knows why, it's just what Harry does.) At this point, Sinclair has a choice between blocking the Swan to protect Harry (though it's probably too late for this, if you look carefully you can see that the Swan is a pace behind Sinclair and moving fast) or finding space. He does the latter.

5: Sinclair moves into the clear, making space for Harry's return handball. Harry runs into trouble. (Notice Brown directing traffic. Is he telling Harry to watch out, or telling him to pass it back to Sinclair?)

6: And as predictably as night follows day, Harry gets tackled and loses possession. Brown is still telling him what to do with the ball; Sinclair is in the clear waiting for the pass that never comes.

Now you are free to place your own different interpretation on the play and I doubt I'd argue too much about the details of it. Museman's silly claim, however, is comprehensively debunked, and with it any remaining claim he had to what was left of his credibility.

Actually, what this really shows is that Sinclair failed to execute the most basic of 1 per centers - the shepherd! If he had of shepherded the Sydney player he would have bought harry time to take 17 bounces and run into an open goal.

you guys are crapping on about this play. what about the one where he had a poor disposal that meant the ball was basically in jeopardy at the 45 meter line straight in front of the opponents goal. He then skillfully regathered the ball only to handball it behind his teammate who was running away from his player at half back, meaning that the opponent got the ball and pushed it straight back inside 50!

That was his only real clanger of the night.

the one above is just a case of miscommunication. I think sinkers wanted the ball back on the run up the guts and Harry probably thought he was going to get a shepherd. this probably doesn't happen in ten weeks once they start to gel better.

Yep, that's the play I thought was in question.
-

Can someone explain the difference between this free kick and the Simpson no call in the last 3 minutes that prevented us from getting a clearance when we were coming back.

someone talked about momentum. It really is amazing how often I am left scratching my head about consistency......

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:28 pm

I reckon we missed Sinclair against the cats, him and seedsman, plus the others of course.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:41 pm

At this point you'd have to think Sinkers, Seeds and Marley all slot straight into this backline.

We'd look a lot better with those 3.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:01 am

King Malta wrote:
At this point you'd have to think Sinkers, Seeds and Marley all slot straight into this backline.

Totally agree. We're a better side with all three players in the senior side.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:08 am

Jezza wrote:
King Malta wrote:

I think 2 for sure as they are better options than Faz and Young. Not sure who else the third one forces out. Not toovey. not Frost, not keefe, not Maxy. Brown might force keefe out, but not the three little guys. Kind of a moot point, since its unlikely all three will ever be available for selection at the same time in the foreseeable future.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:13 am

E wrote:
Jezza wrote:
King Malta wrote:

I think 2 for sure as they are better options than Faz and Young. Not sure who else the third one forces out. Not toovey. not Frost, not keefe, not Maxy. Brown might force keefe out, but not the three little guys. Kind of a moot point, since its unlikely all three will ever be available for selection at the same time in the foreseeable future.

^^

Emmmm, I think at this point, we might as well forget about the name Marley...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: