Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We miss Harry O'Brien

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:29 pm
Post subject: We miss Harry O'BrienReply with quote

I was in two minds whether to open this can of worms or not, for fear of being rated a racist regardless of the facts, so here goes.

Heretier Lumumba may be a fine name although the player formerly known as Harry O'Brien played much more enthusiastic football before the name change. Look at the statistics and make up your own mind as to which player you would want in your team.

I don't care what causes he wants to pursue in his own time but stay focussed on your teammates when you're at work. Strong defence and hard work is what you made your name with and yet now it looks as if you're frightened of being hurt, when you have a group of first year players back there desperate for your experience. Your new cause should be to help your team, especially those young backs that have been working their backsides off this year with little or no help from you.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have traded him last season, now he has no currency...

Has been shithouse all season

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:23 pm

I still call him Harry, as in im just wild about Harry.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:28 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
We should have traded him last season, now he has no currency...

Has been shithouse all season

Yep, I was hoping we would too. Not worth anything significant now unfortunately.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:45 pm

Was great early in the season, one of our best.
But since the first bye he's looked disinterested and has played some horrible footy.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:39 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Was great early in the season, one of our best.
But since the first bye he's looked disinterested and has played some horrible footy.

With so much going on in the world at the moment, how can we expect him to be focussed on football....?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:47 pm

Bagging him for his extracurricular activities is a favourite sport on here, but the fact is that he was just as socially conscious when he was at his peak three or four years ago. Likewise, his name change obviously has nothing to do with anything.

What I'd be more concerned about—and this is just conjecture—is whether the personal issues that came to the surface in the second half of last year are taking his mind off football. I have no idea either way, though: players lose form for all sorts of reasons, some of which are psychological and some of which aren't. As a supporter, I'll continue cheering for him every week and hope he rediscovers the form that was so important to our success a few years back. If you're a genuine supporter and not obsessed with pushing petty agendas, I expect you'll do the same.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:59 pm

Harry's form has nothing to do with his name, I believe it stems from the same problem which has seen Swanny, Ball, Fas, & several others have bad seasons, quite simply it's the coach. He has had so many of their mates dumped, has failed utterly to get the players behind him, his training methods have cost us a plethora of injuries, and he continues to take NO responsibility for our form, it's all the players fault. This week he actually came out & blamed ALL the players, but not himself. he cites as his reason the fact that no one was idiot enough to put their hands up when asked "who thought they played well today". How do you think that makes guys who actually did play well feel?
I would actually support dumping him right now (actually I would have pulled the trigger after the Footscray debacle) & giving his job to Eade or Maxy (though the latter says he has no desire). You'd at least see an improved performance from those mentioned, and much more hope in 2015, as it stands we'll end up 10th next year with one of the best lists in the game!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:03 pm
Post subject: Re: WE MISS HARRY O'BRIENReply with quote

Robbie wrote:
I was in two minds whether to open this can of worms or not, for fear of being rated a racist regardless of the facts, so here goes.

Heretier Lumumba may be a fine name although the player formerly known as Harry O'Brien played much more enthusiastic football before the name change. Look at the statistics and make up your own mind as to which player you would want in your team.

I just looked at the stats and in terms of disposals he's having his second best year on record - two disposals down on last year but up on tackles). Which stats did you have a problem with?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:13 pm

35forever wrote:
Harry's form has nothing to do with his name, I believe it stems from the same problem which has seen Swanny, Ball, Fas, & several others have bad seasons, quite simply it's the coach. He has had so many of their mates dumped, has failed utterly to get the players behind him, his training methods have cost us a plethora of injuries, and he continues to take NO responsibility for our form, it's all the players fault. This week he actually came out & blamed ALL the players, but not himself. he cites as his reason the fact that no one was idiot enough to put their hands up when asked "who thought they played well today". How do you think that makes guys who actually did play well feel?
I would actually support dumping him right now (actually I would have pulled the trigger after the Footscray debacle) & giving his job to Eade or Maxy (though the latter says he has no desire). You'd at least see an improved performance from those mentioned, and much more hope in 2015, as it stands we'll end up 10th next year with one of the best lists in the game!

oh dear here we go again, yet another thread to bash the coach on, so we blame bucks for our injuries do we, the dons had similar troubles and turned to drugs, is that what you want. ?? Injuries are just bad luck, and why should he put his hand up, he was not on the field during the eagles debacle was he, I don't recall seeing him, Clarkson could have coached us that day, and we still would have lost badly, plus the utterly biased umps game the weagles six goals. and destroyed us with frees to them, overwhelming free kick difference. We have a list full of kids, and a huge injury list, but somehow bucks is too blame for that and harry, even harry would say it has zilch to do with the coach, get $Ł$%^%%$ real for once. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Robbie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm

nomadjack wrote:
Robbie wrote:

I just looked at the stats and in terms of disposals he's having his second best year on record - two disposals down on last year but up on tackles). Which stats did you have a problem with?

I suggest you go back to his stats from 10, 11 and 13 when he was playing well although, your efforts confirm his drop in form started last year. I am not inclined to find the date, although as someone previously contributed, his worth as trade fodder has probably passed.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Robbie wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
Robbie wrote:

I suggest you go back to his stats from 10, 11 and 13 when he was playing well although, your efforts confirm his drop in form started last year. I am not inclined to find the date, alh as someone previously contributed, his worth as trade fodder has probably passed.

I did. His stats this year are well up on all those years. You might want to check that next time before you slag off a player. Thats the problem with many knockers...you pull the trigger before checking your aim...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Silly thread title & absurd proposition.

H has played some very good games & has played some less good games & played some poor games.

It has zero to do with some Nicksters obsession with his life outside of footy as David has said.

Haitch needs to be on the wing but our team is much the same in terms of playing good games, less good games & poor games. Our inexperience has meant he has been forced to play much deeper in defence with inexperienced team mates & a midfield that hasn't pushed back hard enough.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:20 pm

Been far from our worst.
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:46 pm

This thread is why I bite people
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: