Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is the Bux extension worse than the Tony Shaw appointment ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the OP now is quite funny. A tad premature perhaps Smile
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:35 am

I don't think the knives are 100% sheathed quite yet... but the vast improvement, of his own personal self as a coach over the last few weeks has been fairly self evident (e.g. look at the press conferences).

It's always, and always has been about what's best for Collingwood and not specifically an 'anti-bucks' hit squad (the hand over debacle, is another matter... but we move forward).

Go Pies!!

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:27 pm

The handover was made a debacle by certain individuals without whom it could have unraveled smoothly. Though I don't think it's something we should repeat, had everyone bought into it, had we not won a flag etcetera etcetera there's no reason it couldn't have been a success. We tried it, we rolled the dice. But what did we really lose? Micks time was done, succession plan or not, who would you have hired as an alternate to Buckley. Because if the answer is still Buckley then it was smart of the club to give him an apprenticeship under MM and secure him.

In addition the knives should be well and truely sheathed and should never have been drawn until there was adequate reason. To date there is still no adequate reason. We still don't know if he will be a great coach or a poor one. Best to just support him till then. Of course as usual this is respectfully just my opinion.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:08 pm

Let me just say, that i really hope Bucks watched Geelong dismantle Hawthorn yesterday and took notes. Relentless pressure, one-on-one contests, very few players finding space to run riot.
Because if i see anymore efforts against this mob like 2012 & 2013, where Hodge, Sewell, Lewis, Mitchell and Rioli etc stroll around like they have 4 extra players on the park, then i will most likely crap in my own hand and fling it at the TV, not unlike a hostile gorilla at a zoo.
Clear Bucks?
Dyso
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:57 pm

^ Yes, those ol pussycats just keep rollin along, age shall not weary those buggers, to quote the Anzac line. In hindsight, we put up a better fist of it against the cats than what the dawks did, 11 points in nothing. I reckon we can handle the cats, but Hawthorn have been a prick of a team for us for some years now, we need to adopt a whole new style against them, like what you said, and I reckon Bucks, and other coaches, would have taken notes for sure, on how to beat the Glenferrie pukes, we must learn lessons on defeating them.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:21 am

Culprit wrote:
Buckley made a great tactical decision Saturday night to go one one one contested football in the 2nd quarter. I was unhappy with the 1st qtr of football and thought here we go again. I got what I wanted and that was a contest.

I will quote myself here. All I am seeing when the Pies play is a contest and our team having a crack. Whether it was MM or now Buckley that is what I have always demanded. With the Cats beating the Hawks it now has me thinking we are a better team than I thought and Buckley is getting better at coaching. More and more I see the importance of Cloke being the guy that can win us big games. Signing Buckley whilst I had and still have my reservations about that was no doubt about stability and showing support in the coach.

This week the Bombers will rebound and we will see if we respond.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Bottom line is, and will still be, HOW THE HELL DO WE BEAT THE HAWKS.??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Hope for two decent umps that wont alter the flow of the game and give them gimmie free kicks in front of the sticks! Evil or Very Mad

Without Buddy the Boys wont fold at the thought of stopping him!

There is no Heater to drill relieving kicks down their throats and he wont be there to crumble if they play Lewis (who gets under his skin) as a defensive forward. Not that I blame Heater for all this but they were moments i'd love to forget!

Put the Caff on Mitchell!

We need Williams and or Sinkers to look after Hill and Cyril.

White will make a difference

but most of all we need to outbody them in the midfield!
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:46 pm

piedys wrote:
Let me just say, that i really hope Bucks watched Geelong dismantle Hawthorn yesterday and took notes. Relentless pressure, one-on-one contests, very few players finding space to run riot.
Because if i see anymore efforts against this mob like 2012 & 2013, where Hodge, Sewell, Lewis, Mitchell and Rioli etc stroll around like they have 4 extra players on the park, then i will most likely crap in my own hand and fling it at the TV, not unlike a hostile gorilla at a zoo.
Clear Bucks?
Dyso

You are welcome on my holy pilgrimage with an attitude like that.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:47 pm

Mossi wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Hope for two decent umps that wont alter the flow of the game and give them gimmie free kicks in front of the sticks! Evil or Very Mad

There is no Heater to drill relieving kicks down their throats and he wont be there to crumble if they play Lewis (who gets under his skin) as a defensive forward. Not that I blame Heater for all this but they were moments i'd love to forget!

If they left Cheney on Cloke and left Lake out they'd be in just as much trouble. Horrible coaching decision.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:36 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Mossi wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

If they left Cheney on Cloke and left Lake out they'd be in just as much trouble. Horrible coaching decision.

Without Lake the Hawks backline were over powered by the Geelong forwards. Can we do the same with Cloke, Reid and White???????
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:40 pm

^Yes, that's what I am thinking
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:11 am

piedys wrote:
Clear Bucks?
Dyso

We've been beaten by Hawthorn the last five times we've played them and a lot of that has to do with the way we structure up against them and the way we implement our game plan. It seems like a common theme against Hawthorn that we always play a zone which helps them thrive because of the chip kicking style of football that Clarkson likes implementing into his side.

Zoning doesn't work against teams who are great ball users and that's why we struggle against Hawthorn every time we play zoning football against them. I'm not saying zoning is bad as it allows us to cover more area of the ground but against Hawthorn there's no benefit of playing it against them. Playing man on man football is the way to go against Hawthorn even though it requires us to have very good fitness that we can sustain for four quarters however we may not be at the stage to sustain man on man football against Hawthorn for a whole match because our fitness doesn't allow us to do so but this remains to be seen as the season goes on. I hope this is the year where we break our hoodoo against them and hopefully we're not far off from their standards even if we fall short in the end.

Playing man on man is essential against the Hawks as the Cats demonstrated on Monday and tackling like there's no tomorrow makes them accountable every single time. I hope our coaches were watching Monday's match as well. Let's just say that the Hawks aren't the unbeatable juggernaut that they thought they were.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:36 am

I agree Jezza, we must play man on man, and be harder at the ball - if we can do that, we will give ourselves every chance.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:17 am

Jezza wrote:
piedys wrote:
Clear Bucks?
Dyso

We've been beaten by Hawthorn the last five times we've played them and a lot of that has to do with the way we structure up against them and the way we implement our game plan. It seems like a common theme against Hawthorn that we always play a zone which helps them thrive because of the chip kicking style of football that Clarkson likes implementing into his side.

Zoning doesn't work against teams who are great ball users and that's why we struggle against Hawthorn every time we play zoning football against them. I'm not saying zoning is bad as it allows us to cover more area of the ground but against Hawthorn there's no benefit of playing it against them. Playing man on man football is the way to go against Hawthorn even though it requires us to have very good fitness that we can sustain for four quarters however we may not be at the stage to sustain man on man football against Hawthorn for a whole match because our fitness doesn't allow us to do so but this remains to be seen as the season goes on. I hope this is the year where we break our hoodoo against them and hopefully we're not far off from their standards even if we fall short in the end.

Playing man on man is essential against the Hawks as the Cats demonstrated on Monday and tackling like there's no tomorrow makes them accountable every single time. I hope our coaches were watching Monday's match as well. Let's just say that the Hawks aren't the unbeatable juggernaut that they thought they were.

Apart from the mismatch with the Cats forwards, the pressure imposed by the Cats resulted in more turnovers that served the Cats well.

At times we leave the Hawks to pass the ball around incessantly on their terms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 29 of 36   

Jump to: