Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Malaysian airlines plane missing

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:

Is murder/suicide by pilot that common? Does anyone know? I may be walking to Penang next time I go.

It's combination of a few things but the main one is stress.
Being a pilot is a one skill profession and if your found not fit to fly your out.
The life of an international pilot makes it very difficult to maintain a healthy social life let alone find a place/time/partner to raise a family.
Since 9-11 we've had the level of scrutiny (and security) ramped up to level where pilots are too scared to own up to clinical conditions like depression, paranoia or even heart pains for fear of instant redundancy and in desperate need of total reskilling.
To prevent terrorists entering cock-pits we've now made it possible for pilots that have finally snapped to lock the door and take out their feelings of frustration against the company that they hated/feared (what-ever).
Airlines are now announcing that new rules will be brought in to keep 2 flight crew in the cock-pit at all times but I doubt even that will be entirely successful.
How do you prevent this from happening?
The only way I can see is that there must be an over-ride switch for each member of the crew and if 2 or more want the door open, it must open.
It's not foolproof but from what I've learned in this life nothing is!
Other than that all you can do is monitor all flight crew (even jump-seat navigators) more often but that only increases the pressure.

btw any data on how often pilots of light areocraft crash their aircraft deliberately or in suspicious circumstances?
It's an easy way of collecting life insurance.
It's almost painless and it's dying doing the thing they loved.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shots me

Suicide leaves enough victims

Why take a bunch of innocent people with you? *&%%^&(*^$

Obviously not so wrapped up in his only misery, that he didn't still wish to be 'immortalised" no headstone allowed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: