Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Apple v Android.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Apple or Android ?
Apple
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
Android
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Other (please specify)
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Ummm What? Did I miss a meeting?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:05 pm
Post subject: Apple v Android.Reply with quote

This may have been done before, but WTF lets do it again.

What do you have, what do you like about it, why wouldn't you consider swapping?

Me, I'm Android. Phone and Tablet, and I would never go Apple.

The main thing I like is being free from iTunes. Seriously sucky software, and also being able to customise the phone without breaking it.

eg, my tablet has both an SD card slot and a micro USB port. I can drag and drop content straight from the PC to either the device hard drive or the SD card and use it to play the content without a connection. So I'm going on a holiday at the end of the month so I downloaded a couple of books and mags and put them and some movies onto the tablet, I can watch the movies or read the books on the plane, no dramas.

I seriously don't get why some people are so wedded to the Apple products. IMO they're just marketing victims.

So, to repeat the question, what do you have and why?

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was always an apple devotee, but once I went android, I'd never go back.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.

#SIDEBYSIDE
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:34 pm

i like the iphone and ipad but i am not really a devotee. i agree that there are those that have been brainwashed by the brand.

i have tried an android phone and thought it sucked.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:04 pm

had an iphone twice

then went android.... never ever go back.

I have an HTC ONE XL phone and have 2 HP tablets, a 10 inch one and a 7 inch one, all Android and like Stui, I drag and drop whatever I want onto them.

I don't have a TV in my bedroom, but I watch shows on my android tablet in bed.

Never ever going back

Last edited by Proud Pies on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:13 pm

Windows phone. Love it.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 pm

Sitting on the fence:

Mrs WPT iPhone, both daughters iPhone.

me - prehistoric nokia mobile.

The 3 lasses: Mac book pro's. I use Mrs WPT Macbook a lot

me- PC. Desk top Dell

Will eventually get a smart phone that I'm being forced to get - & would prefer the Samsung Galaxy but will wait & see.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:18 pm

Apple:
For: real screens with a proper 4 x 3 ratio, none of this long and narrow carp
Against: shocking battery life, vendor lock-in to the point of having to send it to Apple even just to get a new bloody battery

Android:
For: much more for your money, no vendor lock-in, much better freedom of choice as regards what you run on it and how you run it, no 30% Apple tax on every single app you ever buy
Against: just because it isn't Apple, that doesn't mean that it is always good. Vastly better in theory; good luck actually getting what you wanted

Dumb phones:
For: does everything you actually need a phone to do, batteries last for a week without charging, no time-wasting carp, you never have to deal with Apple.
Against: nothing much.

Summary, the dumb phones have it.

As for tablets, I'll get one when I find something a tablet can do that a proper computer can't do better, faster, and easier. So far, I haven't thought of anything, but you never know.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:46 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Sitting on the fence:

me- PC. Desk top Dell

Will eventually get a smart phone that I'm being forced to get - & would prefer the Samsung Galaxy but will wait & see.

I cant believe you admit that

then I cant believe my hubby has a Samsung galaxy and cant text let alone figure out how to get on the net on it

my iphone 3G just wont $$%^%%$ die, I really want a new toy. not sure what, I like the note but its so big, daughter has a smaller galaxy, not bad, other daughter the iphone 5,

id love an apple laptop or desk top, now virus worries, and fast and clean looking. daughter has an airbook thanks to her school, we kinda paid it off, but it worked out dirt cheap, eldest has a boring laptop, so does hubby, which I use to watch the walking dead and sons of anarchy, and that's about all it gets used for! and its only a year old!!

I love love love my ipad. bought hubby an android tablet to learn on, figured it was like his galaxy, it makes a great 10 inch coaster on his bedside table.

the ipad was a gift, I probably would have picked a high end android, because of the limitations with flash, but they are slowly being resolved.

I really really really want a new phone!! but not the note. my work generic android is as big as the note, and it drives me fricken crazy, had to buy pants with cargo pockets! but then I wont drop the iphone in the loo again with those pockets!!

im on the fence!

(can you play candy crush and bubble witch on android??)

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:04 pm

I have a work iphone and an android personal phone - personally I reckon they are both crap as they allow people to constantly ring and annoy me Evil or Very Mad

And of course with the work one now I know when some twit sends me an email constantly yay!

I find my iPad is cool for playing bubble witch and pet rescue though Wink Razz

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:17 pm

Android is better value, seems to be a lot less Apple only apps these days than there was, I had an Android phone then got a cheap iphone as I wanted a couple of things only on apple, now everything I use is probably on android anyway.

When I chose to get a tablet I went for the Android in the Galaxy Note as it offers better flexibility, its got an app or 2 only on Android and the memory card makes it so much easier to move stuff over. Like Stui I use it move over stuff if going away, loaded a couple of movies and dvds onto it which I change over every now and then. The Ipad really didn't offer me anything different to my phone other than its bigger whilst the Note offered what I wanted a tablet for.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:32 pm

I have an iPhone, but I'm hardly an Apple enthusiast. If anything, I resented having to move from a Windows PC to a Macbook. Never used an Android so have little opinion on the smartphone front.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:52 am

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Sitting on the fence:

me- PC. Desk top Dell

I cant believe you admit that

What's not to admit to?

I have a mate of the same vintage (Magpie supporter) & a retired Uni lecturer - refuses to get a mobile. His wife has one though Wink Mind you he refuses a falt panel TV still uses the old cathode ray TV preferring the picture (although he loves my pioneer) - he's retired from being a lecturer in film & television!!

I pay for daughter no 2 's bills & 50% of daughter no 1's monthly payments. While she works full time she doesn't earn enough to cover expenses while trying to save for a deposit for a house.

I figured I needed to put in place internal austerity measures. The phones are new expenses in the last 18 months - so I keep my el cheapo plan & changed my landline some years ago to VOIP ( 2 jam tins & piece of string). I play the martyr by having the old phone to subsidize my family!!

Mrs WPT's business started a year ago or so is starting to take off so her phone will be offset there & then I'll look at getting a more modern device later.
Let me get back to the party line phone though Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:19 am

Oh Gawd, falt panel TVS are a bugger, but the flats aren't bad! Razz

Try aldi mobile, $35 all inclusive, mega high cap, and it's Telstra network!

partypie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:28 am

I love my iPhone and iPad. The phone is nearly 3 years old and works perfectly. The iPad has been extremely useful especially now when I am caring for my brother and living away from home. My daughter works FIFO and FaceTime helps her keep in touch. I would probably be just as happy with android gadgets that do the same things. I do like the way apple let's users message etc for free
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:35 am

partypie wrote:
I do like the way apple let's users message etc for free

Whats App lets everyone message for free.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: