Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. NAB. Pies walloped - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

gurugeoff wrote:

3/. What's the harm is discussing the negatives after a loss? If it all has to be rah rah go pies all the time, then there is no point in having the forum at all, Nothing wrong with a five minute argument - we all passionate pies supporters in the end

I could not agree more. But tell that to the "cheer squad" mate.

(P.S. Expect to the shot down in flames and accused of being a troll by Lazza and co.).

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:08 pm

I'll repeat my earlier reply so that even YOU can understand Collie mate.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It is the perpetually, eternally, always negative posters that drive most of us mad. Obviously people get shirty after a loss and have a whinge or two. Perfectly understandable.
However for the life of me, I cannot understand the mindset of these pessimistic "perceptive fellow" posters who look at the negative aspect every bloody time they post. Jack Spain was the main culprit, now we have his "twin" Collie dog, Hiss and a few other copycats.......... Rolling Eyes "

Discussing the negatives after a loss is totally different to eternally hating everything the club does on and off the bloody field........ Exclamation
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Oh no, we lost a practice match!

Call off the season, time to think about 2015. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by King Malta on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:26 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
I think the thing to remember with praccy matches is that the intentions of the coaches can be completely different to a normal game. On Saturday it appeared we had very little interest in actually winning in the middle and at the stoppages. Three of our most dangerous small forwards did not play forward. At times the forward line was really just two or three talls. We gave Elliott and Kennedy major time in the middle because we deliberately left out Thomas, Beams and Adams. Swan, Pendles and Ball were all on half rat power. Let's face it, Buckley knows with the other half of our best clearance players in we can easily match Richmond who had their top liners in and going flat out. So we experimented with Elliott and Kennedy in the middle. We tried playing with a combination of Cloke, Reid, Lynch and White up front. We tried three talks down back. We gave Browny and Goldy some match practice. We gave Langdon, Fasolo, Ramsay and Armstrong a chance down back while, Seedy, Sinclair, Toovey and Williams were unavailable. We trialled some new combinations when kicking out.

This was a trial game and that was how it was used. What is the point of just applying the known in these games? A coach gets much more out of experimenting like this than putting in all of his A grade midfield, setting up his ideal forward line and putting in his A grade defensive backline. We had four goalkickers which reflects mainly how we played a very unusual tall forward line and left our most dangerous smalls up the ground or back in Melb. Bucks would have got a good idea of what he can use within periods of games with a combination of Cloke, Reid and White with few smalls at their feet. But he would never employ this for a whole game in the real season.

The Wang game was a perfect example. Martin, Deledio and Cotchin killed us in the middle in the first quarter. In a real game Bucks would fill the square with all our guns going flat out. But in this case he persisted with less experienced players and weaker combinations.

That post qualifies as the definition of 'glass half full'.

2 days after the loss I'm now happy to run with it.

Also, is Grundy destined to become the most penalised ruckman in the comp? Those black and white stripes are very easy to find free kicks against in the ruck where umps are able to pull them out of their arse with not much explanation needed.

Would love to have seen Jolly's free kick stats at the Swans compared to when he changed the red for the black. Or I am just biased?

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Collingwood ruckman don't get Free Kicks. I'm sure there must be a rule written somewhere requiring this result.

I was sitting next to a lady while watching a game at the pub on Saturday, who said she sat near Ed and White's father at the Cats game. She said that White's father was yelling at the umps for not giving White a Free. She said said back to him something like, "He plays for Collingwood now, don't expect the same umpiring treatment that he got at the Swans!"

Pretty much the truth of it!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:02 pm

" GEE Toto, I don't think were in Kansas anymore "??

" I know Dorothy, but the sky is falling, the sky is falling, the Magpies lost a Nab cup game to the Tigers "!!

"oh, woe is us, woe woe woe, this is the end of season 2014 Toto " !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:31 pm

blackandwhite4life wrote:

Would love to have seen Jolly's free kick stats at the Swans compared to when he changed the red for the black. Or I am just biased?

As requested:

Year Team Games Frees For Frees Ag.
2013 Collingwood 9 1.8 1.6
2012 Collingwood 20 1.3 1.8
2011 Collingwood 16 1.7 2.4
2010 Collingwood 26 1.4 1.8
2009 Sydney 22 1.4 1.3
2008 Sydney 24 1.5 1.7
2007 Sydney 23 1.2 1.4
2006 Sydney 25 1 1.6
2005 Sydney 24 1.2 1.3
2004 Melbourne 7 0.4 0.9
2003 Melbourne 19 0.8 1.2
2002 Melbourne 18 0.6 0.9
2001 Melbourne 4 0.2 0
Career 237 1.2 1.5

Was above his career averages for both frees for and against during his time with us which I found surprising. I think it was because his frees for didn't change when he came to us but he drew 50% more frees against the moment he pulled on one of our jumpers. As I recall it was running at close to 2x at the start of the season.
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:11 pm

Thanks for that!

He certainly got raped in 2011, the year when our dominance was at it's highest. They had to try something to stop us.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:15 pm

What happened to it?
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Geek wrote:

As requested:

2013 Collingwood 9 1.8 1.6
2012 Collingwood 20 1.3 1.8
2011 Collingwood 16 1.7 2.4
2010 Collingwood 26 1.4 1.8
2009 Sydney 22 1.4 1.3
2008 Sydney 24 1.5 1.7
2007 Sydney 23 1.2 1.4
2006 Sydney 25 1 1.6
2005 Sydney 24 1.2 1.3
2004 Melbourne 7 0.4 0.9
2003 Melbourne 19 0.8 1.2
2002 Melbourne 18 0.6 0.9
2001 Melbourne 4 0.2 0
Career 237 1.2 1.5

Was above his career averages for both frees for and against during his time with us which I found surprising. I think it was because his frees for didn't change when he came to us but he drew 50% more frees against the moment he pulled on one of our jumpers. As I recall it was running at close to 2x at the start of the season.

Thanks for that!

He certainly got raped in 2011, the year when our dominance was at it's highest. They had to try something to stop us.

If it makes you feel better….I can't see any trend other than a ruck man who most years of his career gave away more frees than he received. 1 year in 4 at Collingwood and 1 year in 5 at the Swans, (1 in 4 at the Dees too) this trend was broken. Next conspiracy please.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:19 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
I think the thing to remember with praccy matches is that the intentions of the coaches can be completely different to a normal game. On Saturday it appeared we had very little interest in actually winning in the middle and at the stoppages. Three of our most dangerous small forwards did not play forward. At times the forward line was really just two or three talls. We gave Elliott and Kennedy major time in the middle because we deliberately left out Thomas, Beams and Adams. Swan, Pendles and Ball were all on half rat power. Let's face it, Buckley knows with the other half of our best clearance players in we can easily match Richmond who had their top liners in and going flat out. So we experimented with Elliott and Kennedy in the middle. We tried playing with a combination of Cloke, Reid, Lynch and White up front. We tried three talks down back. We gave Browny and Goldy some match practice. We gave Langdon, Fasolo, Ramsay and Armstrong a chance down back while, Seedy, Sinclair, Toovey and Williams were unavailable. We trialled some new combinations when kicking out.

This was a trial game and that was how it was used. What is the point of just applying the known in these games? A coach gets much more out of experimenting like this than putting in all of his A grade midfield, setting up his ideal forward line and putting in his A grade defensive backline. We had four goalkickers which reflects mainly how we played a very unusual tall forward line and left our most dangerous smalls up the ground or back in Melb. Bucks would have got a good idea of what he can use within periods of games with a combination of Cloke, Reid and White with few smalls at their feet. But he would never employ this for a whole game in the real season.

The Wang game was a perfect example. Martin, Deledio and Cotchin killed us in the middle in the first quarter. In a real game Bucks would fill the square with all our guns going flat out. But in this case he persisted with less experienced players and weaker combinations.

Hmm a Perth Magpie, based in Yarrawonga, writing a glass half full review. It's a club plant for sure!

A lot of this seems rational, and I was certainly encouraged by our effort at Geelong on a notoriously difficult ground with an undermanned squad, but nonetheless I will sleep a little easier if we flog the Suns next week to take some momentum into the season. Still, the Hawks lost all 3 NAB games last season and look where they finished up. Cohesion counts for something though and with so much list turnover, I'd be hoping to see a squad close to Round 1 shape get to play together in the final NAB game.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Geek wrote:

As requested:

Thanks for that!

Correct weight chaps.
I'd suggest Albert Parker watch the 2011 GF again to see exactly how many centre square clearances Gee-long were gifted by those slut umpires, at Jolly's expense.
Not to mention that boundary line gift goal to arse-wipe Bartel, for deliberate out-of-bounds from a throw-in against DJ, which in my opinion effectively broke our resistance.
Am i over the 2011 GF you might ask? F*ck no.
2003 still sticks in my craw too for that matter....

Dyso
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:12 pm

I was down that end in the 2011 GF. That boundary throw in should have been recalled. It was so short Jolly could hardly help that his tap went over untouched. It was a farce.
Signed the Perth Magpie from Yarrawonga and the bottom deck of the Ponny.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:21 pm

I hope the negative Nelly's who vent there daily frustrations of life onto
collingwood loses have had a good couple of stress free days and read what
perthmagpie of Yarrawong posted a day or two after the NAB cup loss to the Tigers. Spot on in all regards.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:32 pm

piedys wrote:
Geek wrote:

As requested:

Thanks for that!

Correct weight chaps.
I'd suggest Albert Parker watch the 2011 GF again to see exactly how many centre square clearances Gee-long were gifted by those slut umpires, at Jolly's expense.
Not to mention that boundary line gift goal to arse-wipe Bartel, for deliberate out-of-bounds from a throw-in against DJ, which in my opinion effectively broke our resistance.
Am i over the 2011 GF you might ask? F*ck no.
2003 still sticks in my craw too for that matter....

Dyso

Sure Dyso, but his career record proves that it is not a Pies thing, but more likely a ruck man who consistently gave away free kicks. I think he got worse as he got older and his knee didn't allow him to jump. Of course I see examples of bad umpiring against us, but on balance you'd suggest that the size of our supporter base should buy a few our way too.

On the weekend I thought Grundy was poor. Hardly made an effort in the ruck contests and lost his cool, (much as I enjoyed seeing him rag doll a few Tiges)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: