Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. NAB. Pies walloped - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Boot wrote:

Never give up hope, never surrender and always hate Carlton!!

Welcome aboard and with an attitude like that you will fit in Very Happy

As for the rest of your post logic, rational argument and evidence have no place at Nicks Shocked
We have a number of long term posters here who have never once resorted to logic, rational argument or evidence Smile

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:26 pm

neil wrote:
Boot wrote:

Never give up hope, never surrender and always hate Carlton!!

Welcome aboard and with an attitude like that you will fit in Very Happy

As for the rest of your post logic, rational argument and evidence have no place at Nicks Shocked
We have a number of long term posters here who have never once resorted to logic, rational argument or evidence Smile

Laughing Laughing Perish the thought. Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:48 pm

Joel wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
I must confess, I am at a loss to know why Hawks come out to play these past 2 weeks and we were insipid with our attitude today.

They are keen to avoid a repeat of their 2009 season. They are coming out hard to help avoid a premiership hangover.

and we should be keen to avoid last season's slip down the ladder and lose the elimination final effort.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:15 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Time to now focus on 2015.
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:44 pm

When our best key defender kicks 5 goals, we are in trouble. The game is won in defence and the way your defensive set ups work. Be prepared to mow the lawns in September this year, because the pies won't be featuring at all. Ben-ken has all the tools, but doesn't yet realise it. Hope he realises soon that he can play at this level.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:43 pm

1/. Isn't it possible that the Marley Williams verdict mentally flattened the entire playing list? and will continue to do so all season if he goes to prison.

2/. You need a lot of nerve and class to win one on one contests regularly in the backline. Losing Marley and Scharenberg after having cleared Heath Shaw is an absolute disaster for us.

3/. What's the harm is discussing the negatives after a loss? If it all has to be rah rah go pies all the time, then there is no point in having the forum at all, Nothing wrong with a five minute argument - we all passionate pies supporters in the end
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:09 am

Monco Matt wrote:
Early days, but nothing there too convincing. Would want to have a go and chalk up a win next game. Winning is a habit, so is losing, just ask the Dees.

Losing happens, but to lose without a fight is not the stuff of champions.

I havent posted on this thread just to give the chicken Little "perceptive fellow" a go. Rolling Eyes And the fairweather fans haven't let me down...... Shocked

Just a random question though, if we fought tooth and nail to win a meaningless practice match and lost 3-4 stars to medium-long term injury, how would you feel? Do champion sides win every bloody game? Or do champion sides KNOW which games to go all out for where there are 4 points to be won? Do you REALLY expect Collingwood to play the very same way against Richmond in round 4 and lose by 50 points? If I say to you now that Collingwood WILL beat Richmond in round 4, will your reaction be that I'm on another planet? Happy to take ANY bets btw........!!

Are Freo bloody hopeless for losing by nearly 100 points? Just asking? Rolling Eyes
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:26 am

1. was the best example of bruise free footy I have seen from us in years. Even Ball was unballlike until I think pride got to him. Dont know if this was planned however have to wonder why Beams AND Adams were left out ( dont think they know how to play half contested)

2. Not sure how you could get anything out of the backlines performance. The clearances and entry's would have challenged the best backline in the league. How many games did we get smashed in contested and clearances last year like that.

3. Didn't mind Fasolo back - would like to see a bit more of that especially if he gets confident and hits targtes like we know he can.

4. Structures - didnt see any evidence of any structures. When we did hold the tiger half backs up in their run out of defense they simply hit lead up targets. And we let them !!

5. Hopefully its about what we didn't do deliberately knowing we play them early in the year or as Wallace suggested maybe they played in their boardshorts waiting to get to the goldcoast. Cause if thats our best we are in trouble.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:49 am

simon tonna wrote:
its seems easier to pick apart all the negatives about the game but why bother.
when you've got two teams at two different levels of attitude playing in a
practice match and one of the teams hampered by the most ignorant blatant
umpiring possible, its no wonder theres complacency.

Look I'm not worried at all about Collingwood at this stage BUT as usual (call me a conspiry theorist or whatever), I worry about the umpires lack of consistency when dealing with Collingwood. They are NOT cheats and we didn't lose because of the umpires on Saturday. No excuses. And it is NOT the obvious frees for or against that concern me, it is this habitual process of nearly every 50 - 50 decision going against us. Just watch the replay. I was at the Geelong game and watched the Richmond game on TV and this was an issue I raised after both games, in addition to the numerous times I saw this happen over the past 2 years.

I honestly do not know what the answer is...... Rolling Eyes We definitely get the obvious frees but the contentious close ones nearly ALWAYS seem to either go against us or even worse, not be paid to us. This is reality and we need to live with it. I reckon the club has decided to do the same.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 am

gurugeoff wrote:
3/. What's the harm is discussing the negatives after a loss? If it all has to be rah rah go pies all the time, then there is no point in having the forum at all, Nothing wrong with a five minute argument - we all passionate pies supporters in the end

Nothing. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It is the perpetually, eternally, always negative posters that drive most of us mad. Obviously people get shirty after a loss and have a whinge or two. Perfectly understandable.
However for the life of me, I cannot understand the mindset of these pessimistic "perceptive fellow" posters who look at the negative aspect every bloody time they post. Jack Spain was the main culprit, now we have his "twin" Collie dog, Hiss and a few other copycats.......... Rolling Eyes
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:06 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I won't be writing the season off yet but it's becoming increasingly clear that we can't rely on a 19 yr old kid to carry the ruck all year and our defence doesn't look capable of holding up against quick ball movement. Plenty to do

Agree. I reckon we need Hudson to play quite a few games this year to help Grundy out. Grundy has a lot to learn, which is obvious given his age and lack of experience.... Rolling Eyes
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:53 pm

Agree, sort of also.
No doubt he has much to learn however from what Ive seen he is learning at a fast rate of knots. Certainly not taking as long to learn a lesson as other Rucks we have had.
In saying that I was Rapt in what happened to him in the first qtr.Great opportunity to review and understand what he has probably been warned about. It has been said that Opp clubs would play into his aggression and try and bait him. Its great its happened in the pre-season - gives him a fantastic opportunity to understand and learn from it Huddson was a ruck that got the balance right more often than not so happy with him as a mentor.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:15 pm

Lazza wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I won't be writing the season off yet but it's becoming increasingly clear that we can't rely on a 19 yr old kid to carry the ruck all year and our defence doesn't look capable of holding up against quick ball movement. Plenty to do

Agree. I reckon we need Hudson to play quite a few games this year to help Grundy out. Grundy has a lot to learn, which is obvious given his age and lack of experience.... Rolling Eyes

Im excited about young Witts, our version of Sandliands-down the track, I know, hes a long term project. Maybe the Q stick and Huddo can help out this season, but we need to bring on Witts soon, give him games, him and Grundy are the future. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:18 pm

I think the thing to remember with praccy matches is that the intentions of the coaches can be completely different to a normal game. On Saturday it appeared we had very little interest in actually winning in the middle and at the stoppages. Three of our most dangerous small forwards did not play forward. At times the forward line was really just two or three talls. We gave Elliott and Kennedy major time in the middle because we deliberately left out Thomas, Beams and Adams. Swan, Pendles and Ball were all on half rat power. Let's face it, Buckley knows with the other half of our best clearance players in we can easily match Richmond who had their top liners in and going flat out. So we experimented with Elliott and Kennedy in the middle. We tried playing with a combination of Cloke, Reid, Lynch and White up front. We tried three talks down back. We gave Browny and Goldy some match practice. We gave Langdon, Fasolo, Ramsay and Armstrong a chance down back while, Seedy, Sinclair, Toovey and Williams were unavailable. We trialled some new combinations when kicking out.

This was a trial game and that was how it was used. What is the point of just applying the known in these games? A coach gets much more out of experimenting like this than putting in all of his A grade midfield, setting up his ideal forward line and putting in his A grade defensive backline. We had four goalkickers which reflects mainly how we played a very unusual tall forward line and left our most dangerous smalls up the ground or back in Melb. Bucks would have got a good idea of what he can use within periods of games with a combination of Cloke, Reid and White with few smalls at their feet. But he would never employ this for a whole game in the real season.

The Wang game was a perfect example. Martin, Deledio and Cotchin killed us in the middle in the first quarter. In a real game Bucks would fill the square with all our guns going flat out. But in this case he persisted with less experienced players and weaker combinations.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:23 pm

^Excellent, well thought out, logical post. This has no place on nicks afters a loss!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: