Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. NAB. Pies walloped - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So who are the players yet to feature in any preseason games?

They'll need to feature in our final hit out you'd think to be considered for round 1.

Williams is the interesting one.

Will we play him again before his sentencing, will he be in a frame of mind capable of playing anyway?

No doubt he's an important part of our defence and a lock for our best 22 now so him missing the entire season or even just the start would be a blow.

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Now that I've placed my umpire voodoo doll face down in a bowl of water, with a few pins in its back, just to be sure, now I can comment.

Pies will finish anywhere from 7-9 this year.

Go the Pies
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Our backline needs Maxy and Marley..............and Reid.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:16 pm

No surprises here.

Umpires are precious twats.

Reid's mark would be a free kick against him in the regular season.

And while I do believe in side by side, sorry, but this just has to be said.

Harry Heretier O'Brien Lumumba whoever. What a head case and a peacock.

I used to respect him, but come on.

And any success Bucks has had since Mick left, has been a direct result of winning structures and talent that Mick already had in place.

The more Bucks has a handle on this club and players, the further behind the pack we are getting. I think if we don't see significant improvement this year we do have to start questioning him.

I remember in 2006 to 2010, I saw consistent improvement from the team. Slowly but surely they got better and better and you could actually see where the club was going. It was a pleasure to watch those years.
Even though I never expected a premiership in any of those years, I enjoyed going to the football.

I have not enjoyed 2011 to 2013 much at all.

In 1999, we lost 13 games in a row and we were an embarrassment.

Within two years, Mick took us from nothing to a grand final and we nearly bloody won.

Bucks was handed a premiership team and where are we after three years of him being at the helm?

Yes, it was only a practice match. But it is a whole lot more than that.

We didn't win a finals match last year and I don't even see us making the finals this year. And worse than that, I see no improvement at all. We get worse with every game.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:25 pm

I love the doomsdayers - obviously Melbourne will win the flag this year - if Richmond are a 4 - 8 side, Melbourne beat them so they must be a 1 - 4 side right?

Madness. Players resting. Players playing out of position. Players having extended rests to manage their playing time. Don't get too exited about next week - I'd expect Cloke and Pendles to be rested +/- Swannie +/- Reid and probably Grundy. The pre season is exactly that - no one cares about the result come round 1.

It's more about what the players / coaches get out of the game than the result - sound familiar? Where did White play last week - close enough to goals to kick 5. Where did he play this week? far enough away for Reid to kick a bag. That's nice flexibility, but what if they BOTH play close to goal - maybe we'll find that out next week. And if neither of them kick a goal next week it wont be the end of the world because it's only a PRACTICE match, and doesn't count for any points.

I'll put it to you that Mooney, Langdon, Marsh, Ramsay, Clarke, Frost, Armstrong, Yagamoor wont play in round one (probably). Put in 4 of Beams, Toovey, Dwyer, Maxwell, Blair, Adams, J Thomas, Seedsman, Oxley even Broomhead and you've got a much better side. If Williams plays add him too.

I don't even care if they break even over the fist half of the year - if the team learns how to play together and plays consistently like they have in patches over the last two weeks, they'll be a premiership chance (big call I know). But learning each others games and playing to their strengths is the key. I don't think you can make such wholesale changes and win the premiership, but I'm happy to be proven wrong and I think the only chance you have is to throw it around a bit when it doesn't count and see what happens!

We'll be up there this year, 15th is ridiculous (sorry) even 9th is a stretch. I reckon we'll make the 8 and who knows what can happen from there.

- Ben
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:25 pm
Post subject: Pies wallopedReply with quote

Wow.. Was enthused about this season but nothing I saw tonight backed that feeling up. It's not so much the loss as the same old issues re surfacing. Poor poor disposal, ineffective tackling and the defence is sorry to say, too weak. I love Browny, but he is not what he was before his injury.
And someone remind me why we have Lynch playing?

The youngsters Kennedy and Marsh looked good. Again I watched us get given the run around with the short passing game... Oh well. Here we go.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:29 pm

Oh, and Grundy's second 50 was a great piece of acting from the Richmond player. If my Grandma had that much contact she wouldn't have even felt it (but then again she's a tough old nut Razz ). But he'll learn from that. I am particularly keen to see him wrestle a midfielder again and NOT let him fall to the ground (which cost him his first 50) - he may well wrestle them through 10 rounds and a win on points but they wont get out of it with a little toss to the ground that's for sure!

- Ben
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:42 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Joel wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
A fair result and shows that Tigers are 4-8 side and Collingwood are an 9-15 side in 2014.

Are you fair dinkum?

LOL, you think we are a flag chance do you?

Yeah that's what I said. Not.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:49 pm

I think we should start a book now on just how close (or far) we'll get to Hawthorn this season. They are absolutely flying and don't treat the NAB Challenge as a waste of time. Did someone say Collingwood is a 9-15 side? Actually that sounds about right. If we get to within 9-15 goals of Hawthorn in our matches this year we will be doing well. They looked sharp against a hapless Brisbane in week 1, but totally awesome in destroying North yesterday. Meanwhile we rock up like a limp lettuce and always have the excuse, "It's only a practice match." No wonder we will struggle to make the eight. Sorry but today's performance totally deflated my hopes for this season. It's hard to believe we won a flag three years ago and were almost unbeatable in 2011.

BTW have the last two games by Scott Pendlebury since being appointed captain been the worst two games he has ever played for the club? I struggle to think of any.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:51 pm

You forgot to say sack the coach!! Rolling Eyes
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Not happy with that result but there were some positives.

Langdon looks at home at this level.
    Frost gives 110%.
    Ramsay looked more composed this week.
    Young had a much better game this week.
    Kennedy continues to give cause for great optimism.
    Brown, Reid, Fasolo, Swan, Goldsack, and Mooney got some valuable game time.
    Fasolo didn't look as bad in defence as I'd feared. As others have hypothesized, his disposal out of defence was actually good. Did get beaten in some 1x1 and got caught ball watching a few times but was solid.
    Marsh looked a lot better this week.
    Ball had a good game.
    Pendles is a superstar.
    Reid looked good up forward, would take 5 goals most weeks.
    People pointing fingers at the defence need to get a grip, absolutely slaughtered through the midfield most of the game and the all Australian defensive 6 would have struggled with that supply.
melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Wasn't that disappointed. Thought consider wring a few of the duds we played we competed quite well and had small patches dominance.

Also thought we were missing far more than them. Could be wrong.

In terms of our non-senior regulars I comment as follows.

Armstrong - waste of a list space. Too light. Too meek at the contest. And his skills and run aren't that much more superior to compensate. He tries, but not AFL grade.

Mooney - an international rookie so no loss of list space. But he looks like a headless chook out there.

Marsh - is a project player, but worth working on. Has promise. But wouldn't think he'll contribute to seniors.

Kennedy - has no right foot. But has a lot to offer. Will be a quality player for us.

Marty - hmmm. Will be a back up for us, but if our list remains healthy, he won't be getting regular games.

Young - think hell be a regular for us.

Elliot - is very impressive. Certainly in our 22. Just needs to add a crumbling aspect to his game.

Ramsey - I bagged him last week. He was better. But he reminds me of the 1999 players we had and it makes me think yuk every time.

Yagamoor - is better than Armstrong. But I fear not AFL grade for the future.

Langdon - didn't notice him that much. But probably a good sign as a Backman. What I did noticed, he showed he was solid.

Game plan worries me. It still rushes down their forward line too quick and with loose players everywhere. Easy goals need to be tightened up.

Our forward movement with the ball appears better. Although a little bit of handball is over done in the back half.

Our tall options is a worry. Forward ruck of Cloke, Reid, White and Grundy looks good on paper, but if Grundy is off (injured, off day, benched) I wonder how the Ruck work will wear them down. As poor as Lynch was/has been, at least he is a draught horse, a bullock, a dozer. And a more suitable 2nd ruck option. But we cant fit him in the 22. Not sure White fits that role. Will be an interesting tactic to watch unfold.

It is a praccy game. So not overly concerned. Remember that Freo got smashed by near 100 points by lowly WCE. So they aren't exactly firing on all cylinders come rd 1 either.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:51 pm

Wow am I reading the Herald Sun? Some posts on here make me wonder what team you support. Again the season hasn't started and apparently we will finish 9-15 and going backwards etc.

They were off right from the start, and lucky to be in the game for three quarters, actually their third quarter was quite good.

Seriously if anyone thinks Pendlebury had a bad game today you don't barrack for the Pies or you didn't watch the game. His class was on show, I also thought Young was okay too, remember this guy played two games last year. I have never seen Swan so rusty. Reid was fantastic, liked Kennedy's game, just wish he could finish in front of the big sticks. Always love Elliot's attack on the ball and he has good skills.

Agree with jackcass we were killed out of the middle today.

The one thing I will give to the majority is I have no idea what they saw in Armstrong and still don't.

It really amazes me how negative some posters are. Let's evaluate say 6 games into the proper season.

Cheers

DK.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:32 pm

We will be fine.
The Weed 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:42 pm

collie dog wrote:
I think we should start a book now on just how close (or far) we'll get to Hawthorn this season. They are absolutely flying and don't treat the NAB Challenge as a waste of time. Did someone say Collingwood is a 9-15 side? Actually that sounds about right. If we get to within 9-15 goals of Hawthorn in our matches this year we will be doing well. They looked sharp against a hapless Brisbane in week 1, but totally awesome in destroying North yesterday. Meanwhile we rock up like a limp lettuce and always have the excuse, "It's only a practice match." No wonder we will struggle to make the eight. Sorry but today's performance totally deflated my hopes for this season. It's hard to believe we won a flag three years ago and were almost unbeatable in 2011.

BTW have the last two games by Scott Pendlebury since being appointed captain been the worst two games he has ever played for the club? I struggle to think of any.

Wow you sound like you love the hawks as much as jack pain did. You can change your name but you can't change the fact you are a world class toseer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: