Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

RAFFLE 1 - 2014: SEASON LAUNCH 3Mar14

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

fan4collingwood wrote:
Enjoy larrylj and magpietragic! It is an amazing night!!

i second that

larrylj Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Wrist band arrived today. Yay, how excited am I.
magpietragic 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:18 pm

larrylj wrote:
Wrist band arrived today. Yay, how excited am I.

Same here, very excited too. See you there Larry.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Enjoy Smile
magpietragic 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:39 pm

MargOZ wrote:
Enjoy Smile

We did enjoy, was a great night. Taylor seems a great young man and his lovely girlfriend Alex was so friendly. They are a wonderful couple. Thanks again
larrylj Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:54 pm

I am sure there will be lots on the website about tonight, but here is some of the action from my viewpoint.
Stephen Curry was MC in place of Brian Taylor. Jokes were made about half the playing list not being born when “The Castle” was filmed. Also that even tho’ Brian won so many Copelands and kicked so many goals etc, he also missed a certain number of goals and Stephen never missed a goal in his life!
He was very funny actually so that was good.
Bucks and Daics did the jumper presentations. Leadership group first—does Pendles jumper feel a bit heavier this year with the weight of captaincy attached?
Curry asked about pre-season-Instead of high altitude had they done under water/cave dwelling/discorama training?
They then called the rest of the team who came one by one from the back of the room—much hilarity when Jack Frost got lost along the way-he must have spotted someone he knew in the crowd and got diverted glad handing on the way to the stage-amusing.
Luke Ball has a pearler of a black eye, Scharenberg on crutches as was Mrs Buckley.-don’t know what her story is
We has our entrée while the presentations were going on and then the players came to table and their food must have been cold and not very nice, so I thought that was a bit mean. Taylor Adams and Alex Fasolo both at our table with their girlfriends. Fas struggled with the cold meal, but Taylor just “hoovered” it down which I found amusing. They are fabulous young people—the girls very sociable -- helping out with photo taking etc and the boys just lovely. They introduced themselves all around the table and very engaged with the conversations all night, very obliging to everyone and just great fun. Taylor is lovely——very impressive.

Bucks’ speech was about trust and communication.. Eddie announced that Bucks has formally signed on for another 2 years.
Eddie also welcomed back Burnsy to rousing cheers. Spoke of the “no pressure” issue for Pendles—ha ha. And delivered a big thank you to Maxy which probably got the longest and loudest applause for the whole night. Also spoke about the club being underthreat like never before and pledge that yes the AFL might get some money out of us, but coaching staff and players should not lose any sleep over any reduction in their resources and supporters should not worry that membership monies will be “ill used”. So Eddie and Gary Pert on a mission. Collingwood performs best (on and off the field) when our backs are to the wall—usual rallying cry stuff-probably aimed at tomorrow’s papers but still love hearing him rouse the troops!!
Glenn Moriarty interviewed CLokey, Tony Armstrong, Taylor and Swannee. Swannee didn’t get to celebrate his birthday last week, so Friday night they are all going out—when is curfew—“Oh around 5am Monday” says Dane with a wry smile.
Daics and Tony Shaw had a little segment and Shaw;s comments about Maxy—Eevry time you spend time with Nick you come away a better person and feel better about yourself!
Hall of Fame inductees—Alby Pannam whose son Graham collected the certificate in place of his mother Alma who passed 2 weeks ago at the age of 101.She was member no 36 and still had photos of the past and present players in her room up until she died.
Next was Damien Monkhorst—the player with the Collingwood mouth as Eddie put it-he still hasn’t had his teeth fixed!! That was wonderful and watching his highlights package, I hope young Brodie watches that as he could learn something I reckon. Monky started his speech by offering his wife’s comments—What are they going to be able to say about you after inducting Alby Pannam?? Lol
So, yep a fabulous night. I got quite a few autographs on my take home menu so that was nice. Again, thanks to Nicks for the opportunity.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:34 am

thanks for sharing your night with us larrylj. Personally I think that the Season Launch is a much better night than the Copeland.

Glad you both had a great time.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:42 am

Proud Pies wrote:
thanks for sharing your night with us larrylj. Personally I think that the Season Launch is a much better night than the Copeland.

i sent your love and regards to josh who did ask what you were up to. he said he will be in touch soon.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:05 am

John Wren wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

i sent your love and regards to josh who did ask what you were up to. he said he will be in touch soon.

thanks JW Smile

magpietragic 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:03 pm

larrylj wrote:
I am sure there will be lots on the website about tonight, but here is some of the action from my viewpoint.
Stephen Curry was MC in place of Brian Taylor. Jokes were made about half the playing list not being born when “The Castle” was filmed. Also that even tho’ Brian won so many Copelands and kicked so many goals etc, he also missed a certain number of goals and Stephen never missed a goal in his life!
He was very funny actually so that was good.
Bucks and Daics did the jumper presentations. Leadership group first—does Pendles jumper feel a bit heavier this year with the weight of captaincy attached?
Curry asked about pre-season-Instead of high altitude had they done under water/cave dwelling/discorama training?
They then called the rest of the team who came one by one from the back of the room—much hilarity when Jack Frost got lost along the way-he must have spotted someone he knew in the crowd and got diverted glad handing on the way to the stage-amusing.
Luke Ball has a pearler of a black eye, Scharenberg on crutches as was Mrs Buckley.-don’t know what her story is
We has our entrée while the presentations were going on and then the players came to table and their food must have been cold and not very nice, so I thought that was a bit mean. Taylor Adams and Alex Fasolo both at our table with their girlfriends. Fas struggled with the cold meal, but Taylor just “hoovered” it down which I found amusing. They are fabulous young people—the girls very sociable -- helping out with photo taking etc and the boys just lovely. They introduced themselves all around the table and very engaged with the conversations all night, very obliging to everyone and just great fun. Taylor is lovely——very impressive.

Bucks’ speech was about trust and communication.. Eddie announced that Bucks has formally signed on for another 2 years.
Eddie also welcomed back Burnsy to rousing cheers. Spoke of the “no pressure” issue for Pendles—ha ha. And delivered a big thank you to Maxy which probably got the longest and loudest applause for the whole night. Also spoke about the club being underthreat like never before and pledge that yes the AFL might get some money out of us, but coaching staff and players should not lose any sleep over any reduction in their resources and supporters should not worry that membership monies will be “ill used”. So Eddie and Gary Pert on a mission. Collingwood performs best (on and off the field) when our backs are to the wall—usual rallying cry stuff-probably aimed at tomorrow’s papers but still love hearing him rouse the troops!!
Glenn Moriarty interviewed CLokey, Tony Armstrong, Taylor and Swannee. Swannee didn’t get to celebrate his birthday last week, so Friday night they are all going out—when is curfew—“Oh around 5am Monday” says Dane with a wry smile.
Daics and Tony Shaw had a little segment and Shaw;s comments about Maxy—Eevry time you spend time with Nick you come away a better person and feel better about yourself!
Hall of Fame inductees—Alby Pannam whose son Graham collected the certificate in place of his mother Alma who passed 2 weeks ago at the age of 101.She was member no 36 and still had photos of the past and present players in her room up until she died.
Next was Damien Monkhorst—the player with the Collingwood mouth as Eddie put it-he still hasn’t had his teeth fixed!! That was wonderful and watching his highlights package, I hope young Brodie watches that as he could learn something I reckon. Monky started his speech by offering his wife’s comments—What are they going to be able to say about you after inducting Alby Pannam?? Lol
So, yep a fabulous night. I got quite a few autographs on my take home menu so that was nice. Again, thanks to Nicks for the opportunity.

Excellent summary, Nothing to add. It was nice to meet you
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:09 pm

Thanks for the great review larrylj Smile
larrylj Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:18 am

Pleasure Marg--had to wind down somehow or I would never have gone to sleep. It was great to meet you too magpie tragic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: