Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Discussion on the RC into ALP...err...union corruption.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: I hear Sophie Mirabella is unemployed.

PPS: Or if they want to wait another year, they could probably find a spare ex-Prime Minister.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:15 pm

^

Why wait? Krudd is available now. Razz Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Too many questions: Dyson Heydon's defence strains credulity

....But then he says that subsequently in March 2015, when reminded by the organisers of his previous acceptance, he forgot the Liberal Party link, and forgot the conditionality of being free of the royal commission. "Overlooked" is his word of choice. Expect to hear that as a defence from future witnesses should the inquiry roll forward.....

Instead of hearing the evidence of corruption, the inquiry is now bogged down on the propriety of its commissioner. And all the while, the ruling authority on these questions is the commissioner himself.This is not sustainable.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/too-many-questions-dyson-heydons-defence-strains-credulity-20150817-gj12wv.html

I quote the Age why don't they quote Nicks? Wink

Last edited by watt price tully on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:39 pm
Post subject: Re: Discussion on the RC into ALP...err...union corruption.Reply with quote

CP wrote:
I expect this to be a very short thread.

What a prediction that turned out to be. Laughing

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:49 am

I hope he stays in the job as the amount of court challenges from any findings handed down could take decades and cost at least a billion dollars in legal fees. All from one of the most vindictive campaigns remnant of what goes on in US politics. This is the start of tit for tat Royal Commissions which will lose any impact of what Royal Commissions were intended.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:48 pm

It gets better

http://neilchenoweth.com/2014/06/11/commissioner-heydons-curious-link-to-rupert-murdoch/
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:49 pm

More Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2015/08/17/dyson-heydon-wears-liberal-party-cap-to-royal-commission-hearing/
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:43 pm

Culprit wrote:
More Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2015/08/17/dyson-heydon-wears-liberal-party-cap-to-royal-commission-hearing/

Laughing Laughing Laughing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:48 pm

And the beat goes on:

Backed into a corner, Dyson Heydon's options are finite

"....Resolving this issue will turn on the facts of Heydon's acceptance of the invitation to speak and the applicable legal principles.

There is nothing improper or unusual in the royal commissioner himself ruling on the ACTU's application. Bias applications are usually determined by the presiding judicial officer, with a right of appeal thereafter. After the release of further emails in the past few days it has become clearer that Heydon knew from the beginning that the event was a Liberal Party fundraiser. He now says he overlooked or forgot this, but that does not avoid the problem or exculpate him.

It is also clear from the emails Heydon was aware of the problem of his attending the function while holding the position of royal commissioner. Unfortunately for Heydon the timing of the function overlapped with the extension of the term of the royal commission...".

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/backed-into-a-corner-dyson-heydons-options-are-finite-20150818-gj1mye.html

Hopefully, he'll be following James Hird & both may end up whether directly or indirectly in the Federal Court.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:53 pm

I have no built-in prejudice.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:38 pm

watt price tully wrote:
And the beat goes on:

Backed into a corner, Dyson Heydon's options are finite

"....Resolving this issue will turn on the facts of Heydon's acceptance of the invitation to speak and the applicable legal principles.

There is nothing improper or unusual in the royal commissioner himself ruling on the ACTU's application. Bias applications are usually determined by the presiding judicial officer, with a right of appeal thereafter. After the release of further emails in the past few days it has become clearer that Heydon knew from the beginning that the event was a Liberal Party fundraiser. He now says he overlooked or forgot this, but that does not avoid the problem or exculpate him.

It is also clear from the emails Heydon was aware of the problem of his attending the function while holding the position of royal commissioner. Unfortunately for Heydon the timing of the function overlapped with the extension of the term of the royal commission...".

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/backed-into-a-corner-dyson-heydons-options-are-finite-20150818-gj1mye.html

Hopefully, he'll be following James Hird & both may end up whether directly or indirectly in the Federal Court.
The arrogance shown by Big Ears is laughable. Just like with Bronny, it's just a matter of time before he and his cronies concede.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:42 pm

And the beat goes on...

More revelations: New info about Dyson's liberal party political persuasions. Espousing the liberal party take on the world:

Turns out he's a nasty piece of work our learned Judge: From a 2013 speech:

"....Let me just ask what is the point of the Charities Bill 2013? Why seek to enact it just before an election at a time when the government is borrowing $1 billion a week just to pay the public service?" Mr Heydon said.
"Is it an illustration of the fact that the tendency of the Rudd government to do non-substantive things like make speeches, and appoint committees and hold summits and so forth, survived even after Mr Rudd ceased to be prime minister?" Mr Heydon said.

"Or is it just really the production of some boffins in the Treasury or some other department?" he said.

Labor seized on the historical comments as further proof Mr Heydon is unfit to continue overseeing the royal commission".

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/dyson-heydon-slammed-rudd-government-as-nonsubstantive-in-2013-speech-20150819-gj2d2g.htm

It is unfathomable that Heydon can continue. Through his own actions & omissions he is biased. No iffs, buts or maybes.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:54 pm

If he stays in the role there will be legal challenge after legal challenge. He is being paid 1 Million Dollars for this role. No wonder he doesn't want to give it up. Captain's Call once again. Laughing Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Culprit wrote:
If he stays in the role there will be legal challenge after legal challenge. He is being paid 1 Million Dollars for this role. No wonder he doesn't want to give it up. Captain's Call once again. Laughing Laughing

I'm pretty sure he's being paid much much more than 1 million (I stand to be corrected)

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:11 am

watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:

I'm pretty sure he's being paid much much more than 1 million (I stand to be corrected)
Oh it's probably plus expenses. He is staying in one of the Liberals humble 20 Million dollar units and claiming the rent. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15   

Jump to: