Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Discussion on the RC into ALP...err...union corruption.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CP 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:41 am
Post subject: Discussion on the RC into ALP...err...union corruption.Reply with quote

I expect this to be a very short thread.

Ever thought of renaming this forum from 'Victoria Park Tavern' to the 'Pravda Tavern'?

Just a thought.

Hens are coming home to roost. ALP to be decimated and the workers to be truly liberated to pursue decent working lives without fear of being shut-off or maimed by thuggery.

Cool
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Unions might be pretty dodgy now, but believe me we're going to miss them when they're gone.
CP 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:50 am

Clean them out, install new laws and guidelines, start again.

This shouldn't be seen as the 'end of unions'. It worries me that people think that unions can only exist when they're militant, violent and lawless.

Plenty of decent unions out there that genuinely assist people unable/incapable of interpreting their working rights. This is not unlike the debate where people argue against CCTV in public places; if you're not breaking the law, you have nothing to worry about.

Keep the construction union charter to genuine OH&S concerns and not much more than that. The rest is a complete nonsense that causes massive inflationary pressure on Australians for the sake of ridiculous penalty rates, concessions, RDOs, standover tactics, kickbacks, control, thuggery, BBQ days, etc, etc, etc...

They've been taking the piss for far too long.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:10 am

It seems like a politicised move from the Liberal Party, but I have no doubt that heaps of dodgy stuff goes on in unions. I guess the question is whether we'll get a RC into big business corruption. Very much doubt it—much easier to keep unethical practices and criminal activity out of the public eye when you've got the money and power to keep it on the downlow.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:34 am

Wokko wrote:
Unions might be pretty dodgy now, but believe me we're going to miss them when they're gone.

If that happened the LNP would have no-one left to blame for the Countries economic woes.
(Except the poor, the jobless and immigrants).
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:37 am

Oh I get it.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:50 am

The bigger picture is not the malevolence of The Mad Misogynist Monk here but the bigger picture of repercussions on national scene.

In order to get at Rudd he's got the inquiry into pink bats.

In order to get to Gillard he's got the inquiry in to the ASU or what ever

In order to get to Shorten he's got the mega expensive Royal commission.

This is US style payback

Tis will set up a dangerous precedent. The next incoming ALP government will end up doing the same.

Eg

1. There will need to be a Royal Commission into the secretive nature of the Navy's actions & the Government's inaction over claims of torture or corporal punishment being meted out to a few asylum seekers (so far);
2. There wil need to be an inquiry into the governments Barrier Reef environmental protection (or lack thereof);
3. There will need to be an inquiry into the funding of miners & their cosy relations with the LNP...

Get the drift. This will be a likely consequence of this shabby type of opportunist politics.

Mind you this is only after 5 moths in power. The mad Monks greed is too short sighted here (then again, isn't all greed)?.

As usual the CP's of this world can't see past their narrow self interest to see what is in Australia's long term interests.

partypie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:30 pm

I wonder if the rc will backfire much like the pursuit of Pauline Hanson
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:53 pm

partypie wrote:
I wonder if the rc will backfire much like the pursuit of Pauline Hanson

Only demented idiots wouldn’t realise that plenty of dodgy stuff happens in big business and the Mining Cooperation’s too. If this becomes a political whitch hunt, the revenge attacks in future could be bloody lethal. It will be great to watch the bosses squirming for a change after they have bullied the poor workers for political reasons. Every dog has his day and karma is a real bitch... Rolling Eyes
Remember, he who laughs last, laughs best...... Twisted Evil Razz The best is yet to come.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:56 pm

Imagine a RC into big business style farming subsidies .....
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:59 pm

watt price tully wrote:
The bigger picture is not the malevolence of The Mad Misogynist Monk here but the bigger picture of repercussions on national scene.

This is US style payback

Tis will set up a dangerous precedent. The next incoming ALP government will end up doing the same.

Eg

1. There will need to be a Royal Commission into the secretive nature of the Navy's actions & the Government's inaction over claims of torture or corporal punishment being meted out to a few asylum seekers (so far);
2. There wil need to be an inquiry into the governments Barrier Reef environmental protection (or lack thereof);
3. There will need to be an inquiry into the funding of miners & their cosy relations with the LNP...

Get the drift. This will be a likely consequence of this shabby type of opportunist politics.

Mind you this is only after 5 moths in power. The mad Monks greed is too short sighted here (then again, isn't all greed)?.

As usual the CP's of this world can't see past their narrow self interest to see what is in Australia's long term interests.

It is the "born to rule" right winged mentality of the CP's of this country who are playing very short sighted political games. Big business and the Minining companies ae NOT snow flaked angels as you all want to believe! The long run will bring out many corrupt deals that go on behind closed doors. Game on.
The Coalition are behind in the polls just 5 months after a massive win. This type of vile attacks against the mere workers and their representatives will not win them too many non right winged friends amoing te swinging voters who decide elections. It will hit them right in the face and one termer Abbott will be the main bloody cause of all this turmoil. Twisted Evil Watch, wait and see!!

Last edited by Lazza on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:00 pm

I really don't think the ALP would have the balls to go after big business. The big miners eviscerated them on the mining tax, imagine a bigger issue. Money talks, bullshit walks.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:02 pm

Wokko wrote:
I really don't think the ALP would have the balls to go after big business. The big miners eviscerated them on the mining tax, imagine a bigger issue. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Disagree. Politics can be a double edged sword Wokko. You get back in spades what you give out in spoons. This will cause major trouble for the born to rule tories in the Coalition down the track and it will be fun to watch it all turn against them... Twisted Evil Watch, wait and see! Cool
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Agree there, Wokko. Neither of the major parties would have the balls.
CP 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Lazza wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

This is US style payback

Eg

It is the "born to rule" right winged mentality of the CP's of this country who are playing very short sighted political games. Big business and the Minining companies ae NOT snow flaked angels as you all want to believe! The long run will bring out many corrupt deals that go on behind closed doors. Game on.
The Coalition are behind in the polls just 5 months after a massive win. This type of vile attacks against the mere workers and their representatives will not win them too many non right winged friends amoing te swinging voters who decide elections. It will hit them right in the face and one termer Abbott will be the main bloody cause of all this turmoil. Twisted Evil Watch, wait and see!!

What makes you think 'the workers' don't want to stamp out union corruption?

Your thinking is strange. It's THEIR money being used to feather the nests of already RICH union bosses, politicians and standover merchants!

And they're forced to pay. That is extortion my friend.

If anything, this is the most pro-worker announcement of any gov't in the past 10 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15   

Jump to: