Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Abbott's Cringeworthy ABC Outburst

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
Yeah, he screwed up, but what came after him (populist Sunrise douchebag Rudd) was just sickening. I was a true believer from Crean to Latham and I still believed that Beazely, while a bit wishy washy was still on the right track. Then came Rudd... then Gillard.... then Rudd. The Labor party lost its way, and I really don't think Shorten is the answer. Abbott seemed promising but I'm beginning to feel... uneasy.

I wasn't particularly happy about Shorten winning the ALP ballot and he's done nothing to impress me since; but, bloody hell, he could be the drover's dog and I'd be first in line to vote for him. I'll take mere competence/sanity right now.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:30 am

Impress? Shorten? Hell, he's not bloody Abbott, and that's impressive enough for me!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 am

CP wrote:

The ABC, in all of their programming on tv or radio, [b]do not have one conservative host on any of their shows. Not one.[/b]

It's OK for everyone to have an opinion but valid & credible opinions are based on fact:all of which seem to elude you on a regular basis.

This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Counter point. ABC Radio National: Allow me to introduce one Amanda Vanstone (who was referenced earlier) & who was preceded by a chap called Duffy. (Another reactionary right wingher).

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/counterpoint/about/

Please try to keep up & use some basic facts. You're simply wrong again & exposed for telling obvious porkie pies.

(Surely mods one needs to be carded over so many factual errors). Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:54 am

I really miss the abc

Life's not the same without play school

Where did Bernita go??

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:33 am

pietillidie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
HAL wrote:
What makes it right?

Ptiddy said so.

Left and right is perspective based. The ABC, despite being staffed by mainly lefties, is pretty centre with a mild left wing bias. So lefties consider it to be centre right but balanced, righties consider it left.

Perspective all depends on the view.

It's not perspective at all; it's there for you to see and count according to common definitions (most of which only rarely represent my views on anything).

You're being disingenuous if you're claiming you haven't noticed the ABC now loads up its program with whatever far right opinions are laying around at the time, delivered by whatever unemployed shock jocks happen to be laying around at the time.

Go through every single news/information/opinion program and you'll see it; that I began noticing I was sitting through the same annoying dumb level of reasoning on every single channel first alerted me to the problem. If you're honest and put in a good day at the TV studying the main shows, you'll see it clearly for yourself and be able to rid yourself of this perspective furphy.

Now, answer me this: If the ABC is as left as you claim, why wasn't Howard able to do anything about it despite his extensive efforts?

The answer is twofold. On the one hand, he was able to do something about it, hence thinking people have been sent to the Internet to find out anything meaningful about the world, and all sorts of far right whackos inhabit ABC land. Second, because the ABC presents sober news; and sober information, as necessary but boring as it is, tends progressive. Not because I want sober information to be progressive, but because conservatism rests on manufactured nonsense and shrill advertising tactics cobbled together to support whatever view Old Capital has at the time. That makes sober news seem leftist, when it's simply, well, sober.

"If the ABC is as left as I claim"............

I said they were pretty centre with a mild left wing bias. Is that calling tyhem a bunch of collies? How far left is "mild left wing bias"? Confused Rolling Eyes FMD

And as far as "putting in a good day at the TV" goes I'd rather stick pins in my eyes or watch Soccer. I don't watch a lot of TV, period. I don't watch the ABC except for when I catch a bit of QUANDA if I flick on the box in bed before going to sleep. When I do watch TV, news and current affairs programs are bottom of the list for choice. Not interested. I'll have 7 news on when I get home and generally listen while i'm doing other stuff but I couldn't tell you the last time I actually sat and watched any kind of news or current affairs program with undivided attention.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:44 am

So you don't watch it but you are an expert on the "bias" it has. Pretty good trick, that.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:45 pm

^

Well you don't own a TV or read Murdoch publications yet you know all about them. Same trick, you probably do it better than me. Wink

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Well I do watch the ABC, and read Murdoch & fairfax papers. I don't watch Today Tonight or ACA and avoid commercial news like the plague. I also read Russia Today and think it's an amazing international news source (Their Russian news is a bit rahrah Putin is the best though). As far as TV news I find Al Jazeera by far the best. All US news is propaganda, the land of the free is very quickly becoming the land of 'Some animals are more free than others' (apologies to Orwell).
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:43 pm

think positive wrote:
I really miss the abc

Life's not the same without play school

Where did Bernita go??

Good ol Benita & George.

The new song will be:

There's a Mad Monk in there Wink

Mind you the productivity commission would say that play school doesn't make money & should be scrapped, that infants & children aren't economically viable & they ought to working the mines not indulging themselves in front of the new Super HD screens that their parents can't afford.....

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:01 pm

I bet a million bucks neither abbott nor honcho Morrison have the ticker to go on Q and A once this whole year, neither can handle audience questions, despite the fact the audience is roughly 50-50 for either LNP and labor. They just wont answer hard questions, and at least Shorten will front.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:49 am

This would be funny if it weren't so alarming.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4041153.htm

Although, given Mr Brown's impeccable taste in film, at least this might not be such bad news for SBS. Confused

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:21 pm

David wrote:
This would be funny if it weren't so alarming.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4041153.htm

Although, given Mr Brown's impeccable taste in film, at least this might not be such bad news for SBS. Confused

David you should watch the Lego movie

I hated it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: