Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I believe 2014 will be SPECIAL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to get a clear run of injuries, never seems to happen though. A fit Clinton Young will be handy , along with Jessie White and the early draft picks. I also think Seedsman will have a big year. It would also be great if the Q Stick had an extra mal maninga donated to him!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Well, the verdict is in. It was a "special" season.
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:25 pm

can we look back and laugh yet? Very Happy
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:49 pm

3rd degree wrote:
It would be nice to get a clear run of injuries, never seems to happen though. A fit Clinton Young will be handy , along with Jessie White and the early draft picks. I also think Seedsman will have a big year. It would also be great if the Q Stick had an extra mal maninga donated to him!

a clear run of injuries. sigh.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:00 pm

swoop42 wrote:
This might well be Bucks third year as senior coach but I get the feeling that in 2014 we'll finally see a side take to the field totally committed to playing in the style he wants.

Still no one individual is bigger than the club and as much as I'm a fan of Bucks if it all goes pear shaped and we tumble out of the eight questions will need to be asked.

Hopefully any talks on contract extensions will be put on hold until at least the half way mark of the season so we have a better understanding of where we're heading.

Personally I have high hopes and expectations this year with top 4 very much in my thinking.

Hell I even smell silverware.

See I wasn't always a "perceptive fellow" it's just this season from hell has turned me into one.

It's fair to say though looking at my highlighted passages I'm still no clearer one way or another as Bucks as coach.

It's a nil all draw and why he gets one more season to prove his worth.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:04 pm

swoop42 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
This might well be Bucks third year as senior coach but I get the feeling that in 2014 we'll finally see a side take to the field totally committed to playing in the style he wants.

Still no one individual is bigger than the club and as much as I'm a fan of Bucks if it all goes pear shaped and we tumble out of the eight questions will need to be asked.

Hopefully any talks on contract extensions will be put on hold until at least the half way mark of the season so we have a better understanding of where we're heading.

Personally I have high hopes and expectations this year with top 4 very much in my thinking.

See I wasn't always a "perceptive fellow" it's just this season from hell has turned me into one.

It's fair to say though looking at my highlighted passages I'm still no clearer one way or another as Bucks as coach.

i am sure he'll be pleased to know of this endorsement. Wink

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:06 pm

swoop42 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

LOL it's not 0-0, it's more like 1-4 but he's a favourite son, otherwise he'd have been sacked for sure _and we all know this_!!!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:04 pm
Post subject: Re: I believe 2014 will be SPECIALReply with quote

Robbie wrote:
I cannot believe the likes of Hiss etc. that worry about the team under Bucks when you hear young men like Taylor Adams telling anyone that wants to listen, Bucks took Vic Country to places that were beyond their belief.

Welcome to the Nathan Buckley team, or should I say the new MACHINE. Bucks builds teams that are better trained to compete in a real game, and doesn't base his coaching on how well they look running drills. although he believes in 100% fitness. The really important thing is that it's the players job and they will understand that with nobs on, and with their new found fitness courtesy of Bill Daveron, they will have the legs and a touch of mongrel necessary to complete the task.

Sidebottom getting stronger and Brodie wants to make an Impact along with many of the other players, and this year's PIES might have a little more bite than they expect. I feel a Machine coming on, and the Hawks will just need to stand aside, or they'll be hurt. GO PIES.

Looks like someone owes Hiss a MASSIVE apology. Or are you going to find an excuse not to apologise.

Nearly everything you said Robbie is wrong. You would have been more accurate rolling a dice.

Better trained….FAIL
Fitness……FAIL
Legs……FAIL
MONGREL…….FAIL
Brodie……..FAIL
Machine…….FAIL

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:30 pm
Post subject: Re: I believe 2014 will be SPECIALReply with quote

Robbie wrote:
I cannot believe the likes of Hiss etc. that worry about the team under Bucks when you hear young men like Taylor Adams telling anyone that wants to listen, Bucks took Vic Country to places that were beyond their belief.

Welcome to the Nathan Buckley team, or should I say the new MACHINE. Bucks builds teams that are better trained to compete in a real game, and doesn't base his coaching on how well they look running drills. although he believes in 100% fitness. The really important thing is that it's the players job and they will understand that with nobs on, and with their new found fitness courtesy of Bill Daveron, they will have the legs and a touch of mongrel necessary to complete the task.

Sidebottom getting stronger and Brodie wants to make an Impact along with many of the other players, and this year's PIES might have a little more bite than they expect. I feel a Machine coming on, and the Hawks will just need to stand aside, or they'll be hurt. GO PIES.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

How embarrassment! Embarassed

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Jezza wrote:
I hope you're right Robbie. I'd love to see us top 4 but for me my expectations is that somewhere between 5th to 8th is realistic. Anything beyond that is a bonus from my perspective.

I'd love to see us improve in every aspect of our game. These include:
1). Improved ladder position from 2013 - FAIL
2). Improved game plan and indication of the direction we're taking in the future - FAIL in the game plan, but the direction is still uncertain
3). Continual development from our youngsters such as Grundy, Williams, Thomas etc - PASS
4). Improved kicking and handballing skills around the ground. I want us to improve our disposal efficiency. Hawthorn and Fremantle stood out as the two sides last year with the best ball usage in the league so hopefully we meet those standards again - FAIL
5). Manic tackling pressure like in 2010 and 2011 would be great again - FAIL, but saw it for the 7 games until we fell away in the second half of the year
6). Playing more man on man footy rather than a zone would be good at certain times instead of always playing zoning football - It started well, but fell away. It's borderline for me.
7). Seeing big Travis Cloke improve his goal kicking skills and with the new rule changes that favour him hopefully we see more goals - FAIL
8. Seeing our new recruits thrive in a new environment such as Adams, Karnezis, White and even though they were recruited at the end of 2012 the same applies to Clinton Young and Quinten Lynch as well - FAIL. Adams was the only one that started to produce the goods
9). A MAGPIE FLAG WOULD BE THE ULTIMATE GOAL!! - Smile - Was never going to happen but you can dream

Overall based on this we can only hope that 2015 is an improvement across a variety of factors.

The only psotivie this year was seeing the young kids develop further like Langdon, Frost, Williams and Adams. Hopefully Scharenberg and Freeman can play next year even though Scharenberg is unlikely because of a knee injury unfortunately.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:05 pm

For me, in 2015, I want to see improvement on last year.

Fitness improving.
Ball skill improving.
Decision making improving.
Finals and a win in week 1.
Collingwood win in R5.

If I can see these improvements on 2014, then I'll be happy.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:28 pm

Well, a few of the guys here were on the mark saying, if we get a good run on injuries.
We didn't in 2014, so things went belly up.
If we have another shocking run on the injury front next year, then again we shouldn't expect any improvement in our ladder position.
How then do we assess the performance of the coaching department?
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:30 am

In respect to Buckley, as far as I am concerned, the jury is still out. I see a man who is committed with considerable strengths. He is truly a long term student of the game. Whist it is essential that players "play for the coach" and maintain confidence in the coach it is also important from the coaches perspective that those under his guidance are willing to do what he and the other coaching staff ask of them and if they are not prepared to do that they should not be part of the team.

The thing that concerns me the most is the lack of developing game plan, the inconsistency of the game plan and the and the lack of defensive pressure. Certainly the injuries and the inability of young bodes to maintain a full season of football are factors here but to what extent I have no idea.

Let's just hope that 2015 is a year of few injuries for the Pies so that the player and coaching staff can have a clear attempt to prove their value and have a more successful year in every respect. If injuries play the same role as they did in 2014 I think it is almost impossible to judge with any authority and we will be in exactly the same position as we are now..

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:35 am

Where do you see a man who is committed with considerable strengths?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:34 am

Member 7167 wrote:
In respect to Buckley, as far as I am concerned, the jury is still out. I see a man who is committed with considerable strengths. He is truly a long term student of the game. Whist it is essential that players "play for the coach" and maintain confidence in the coach it is also important from the coaches perspective that those under his guidance are willing to do what he and the other coaching staff ask of them and if they are not prepared to do that they should not be part of the team.

The thing that concerns me the most is the lack of developing game plan, the inconsistency of the game plan and the and the lack of defensive pressure. Certainly the injuries and the inability of young bodes to maintain a full season of football are factors here but to what extent I have no idea.

Let's just hope that 2015 is a year of few injuries for the Pies so that the player and coaching staff can have a clear attempt to prove their value and have a more successful year in every respect. If injuries play the same role as they did in 2014 I think it is almost impossible to judge with any authority and we will be in exactly the same position as we are now..

I'm no expert mate, but I'm not convinced we have a problem with our game plan. I think our problem is that the game plan requires supreme fitness levels and elite foot skills running both ways and the injury toll and young list has meant we have not been able to execute it properly. Hopefully, next year we'll be that much fitter and stronger and more drilled. Having a better functioning forward line with multiple marking targets will straighten the team up as well. Maybe i'm being over-optimistic, but I'm expecting the team and the game-plan to really start to fire in 2015. Here's hoping anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: