Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I believe 2014 will be SPECIAL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbie 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:39 pm
Post subject: I believe 2014 will be SPECIALReply with quote

I cannot believe the likes of Hiss etc. that worry about the team under Bucks when you hear young men like Taylor Adams telling anyone that wants to listen, Bucks took Vic Country to places that were beyond their belief.

Welcome to the Nathan Buckley team, or should I say the new MACHINE. Bucks builds teams that are better trained to compete in a real game, and doesn't base his coaching on how well they look running drills. although he believes in 100% fitness. The really important thing is that it's the players job and they will understand that with nobs on, and with their new found fitness courtesy of Bill Daveron, they will have the legs and a touch of mongrel necessary to complete the task.

Sidebottom getting stronger and Brodie wants to make an Impact along with many of the other players, and this year's PIES might have a little more bite than they expect. I feel a Machine coming on, and the Hawks will just need to stand aside, or they'll be hurt. GO PIES.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I already called that 2014 = Year of the Magpies Smile
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:39 am

Buckley's genius is that he can turn boys into men.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:16 am

I agree with you. Anything's possible in 2014.

But don't take Hiss too seriously. He's one of Nick's few colourful characters left on an increasingly bland forum. Wink

Let's hope the footy livens things up. Very Happy

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:29 pm

I agree with you.

One of the things that can make it bland is when a particular poster says the same thing again, and again, and again.

Doesn't that bore you too Collie Dog?

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:39 pm

I would love a premiership but we have the 5th youngest squad out of 18 and a backline that is quite frankly unproven. Sydney, freo and whorethawn still have to be considered better with their bigger bodies and greater experience on nearly every line...
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Good post, but don't take too much notice of what Eddie (whoops), I mean Hiss, says. As someone else noted, he provides some much needed humour on Nicks.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:59 am

I agree Bruce will describe something as special during 2014.
I also hope we win the flag

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:27 am

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
I would love a premiership but we have the 5th youngest squad out of 18 and a backline that is quite frankly unproven. Sydney, freo and whorethawn still have to be considered better with their bigger bodies and greater experience on nearly every line...

THIS.

I'll be really happy if we made the top four in 2014.

From there, anything is possible on a given day, as long as the stronger opposition has an off day......... Rolling Eyes
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:09 pm

I hope you're right Robbie. I'd love to see us top 4 but for me my expectations is that somewhere between 5th to 8th is realistic. Anything beyond that is a bonus from my perspective.

I'd love to see us improve in every aspect of our game. These include:
1). Improved ladder position from 2013.
2). Improved game plan and indication of the direction we're taking in the future.
3). Continual development from our youngsters such as Grundy, Williams, Thomas etc.
4). Improved kicking and handballing skills around the ground. I want us to improve our disposal efficiency. Hawthorn and Fremantle stood out as the two sides last year with the best ball usage in the league so hopefully we meet those standards again.
5). Manic tackling pressure like in 2010 and 2011 would be great again.
6). Playing more man on man footy rather than a zone would be good at certain times instead of always playing zoning football.
7). Seeing big Travis Cloke improve his goal kicking skills and with the new rule changes that favour him hopefully we see more goals.
8. Seeing our new recruits thrive in a new environment such as Adams, Karnezis, White and even though they were recruited at the end of 2012 the same applies to Clinton Young and Quinten Lynch as well.
9). A MAGPIE FLAG WOULD BE THE ULTIMATE GOAL!! Smile

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:06 pm

^Is that all? Easily pleased!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:17 pm

This might well be Bucks third year as senior coach but I get the feeling that in 2014 we'll finally see a side take to the field totally committed to playing in the style he wants.

Still no one individual is bigger than the club and as much as I'm a fan of Bucks if it all goes pear shaped and we tumble out of the eight questions will need to be asked.

Hopefully any talks on contract extensions will be put on hold until at least the half way mark of the season so we have a better understanding of where we're heading.

Personally I have high hopes and expectations this year with top 4 very much in my thinking.

Hell I even smell silverware.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:42 am

Albert Parker wrote:
^Is that all? Easily pleased!

I'd like to see all these things happen of course! Who wouldn't? But if some of those things can happen I'll be very pleased with the way 2014 plays out for the club.

I'm loving the optimism that fellow posters are showing for the side in 2014 but I still feel like that deep down we're not top 4 just yet but I'd love to be proven wrong by many come the end of the season.

Put it this way, years where I've been a little pessimistic or subdued throughout in the past we've actually performed better strangely enough and this year I've been pretty subdued about where I think we'll finish this season so maybe it's a good omen Razz

Stinger 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:00 pm

Jezza wrote:

I'm loving the optimism that fellow posters are showing for the side in 2014 but I still feel like that deep down we're not top 4 just yet but I'd love to be proven wrong by many come the end of the season.

I thought this too, but then I started to break down the side.

Midfield - We finally have a ruck, ok he wont dominate yet but the signs are there and Hudson is as good as any to provide a chop out.
The rest: Pendles, Swan (who I think will still play a majority in the middle despite others thinking he is forward bound), Beams, Ball - add to that Caff tagging, Adams, Thomas, Dwyer, Blair and Sidebottom - running players like Young and Harry and you wont find many better.

Forwards - Cloke in his prime. Add White and Karnesis. Reid playing either end of the ground and Goldie (forward pressure) Small forwards in Elliot, Fasolo, Kennedy and Freeman and we should be able to kick a score.

Backs - Keefe and Brown holding down the key posts, Maxwell in when required, Reid back if Keefe is getting beat and then the speed coming out in the form of Toovey, Sinclair, Williams, Seedsman, Oxley and Broomhead (admittedly sight unseen at the stage) and I think we can lock down most opposition forward set ups with tight, physical defense and quick rebound through the smalls who rarely get beat one-on-one.

We got torched last year on the rebound when Cloke was our only target. It was predicable and easy to pick off. This year we have a plethora of options forward. Which should lead to easier shots closer to goal.

Get all that right and with our draw we will be knocking off top 8 teams 2/3rd of the time so top 4 is a possibility for sure.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:05 pm

No injuries - we'll give the 4 a nudge, if we get injuires then top 8

Done
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: