Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Victory does an Aloisi with Muscat.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:12 am
Post subject: Victory does an Aloisi with Muscat.Reply with quote

Now that John Aloisi has been sacked, is Kevin Muscat the worst coach left in the A-League? On the evidence of last night I would suggest yes.

Anyone who saw Mike Mulvey's Brisbane Roar dismantle the Victory 3-nil last night will recognise the gulf that exists between the best coaches in the A-League and the also-rans.

When Ange Postocoglou was in charge the Victory beat the Roar comfortably. Mike Mulvey has been the coaching find of the season with the Roar stringing together more than 500 passes in a game two weeks in a row. And to give pause to the doubters, remember that Brisbane has won their last two games by 3 goals without their star striker Besart Berisha. As Samuel L. Jackson says, "Sheesh!"

Hand the premiership on a platter to a deserving Roar who played wonderful football last night. But sides only play that well when their coaches have a clue. And the more I am seeing of Muscat the more I am convinced he is a dud.

Victory got back on track when they set out to recruit the best coach in Australia. They are now back at square one in Magilton territory in appointing Muscat. If you want proof here is a Muscat quote from last night (you can't make this up):

Quote:
After the game Victory coach Kevin Muscat told Fox Sports it was a disappointing game. ''It's unfortunate because we normally don't perform like that at home … it's not like us to just go a goal down and crumble and that's what I saw tonight, the effort's just disappeared.''

As soon as a coach in any sport starts referring to effort and not to failed strategy and skill (the coach's responsibility), you know he is barely fit to coach the under 12s.

My prediction: The Victory will fall away badly now as he loses the players and the Victory will sack KM midway through a disastrous next season.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about a knee-jerk reaction!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:53 am

What after 1 Loss?

Geez after 1 Bad loss you want to sack the Coach - WTF?

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:34 am

It's not one game. Victory has won just 7 points from a possible 15 over the Christmas New year period and all those games were at home.

The momentum that Postocoglou had built up early in the season has run out. Besides, Muscat isn't a coach's bootlace. He was a thug on the field and has a smaller brain off it. Taking Mitch Nichols off at haltime and replacing him with Jeggo was just ludicrous.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:09 pm

I rest my case.

Victory annihilated 5 nil by Ernie Merrick's Phoenix last week and now down 3 nil at half time in the Australia Day game. Victory's best player Gui Finkler is still on the bench.

What do thay say about former Millwall players? **** for brains!

From the ToddyBoy on the MVFC Forum game thread after Sydney slots through their fourth goal:

Quote:
Don't think one player wearing the MVFC shirt has any clue what they're doing at the moment.

Correct and there is only one person to blame in that circumstance in any sport. The coach! Ross Lyon and Ange Postecoglou are perfect examples of coaches who get players to play a role to the LETTER. Muscat is making it up as he goes along and it's embarrassing.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Well after another Flogging well Muscat just might get the Sack
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:17 pm

5 nil.

That's 10 goals conceded in two weeks. The team is a rabble. When will sporting clubs realise that the most important person in any club and the first person picked is the coach? Good coaches win matches. Bad coaches have NFI.

But Victory will continue the cargo cult mentality and think that bringing Berisha to the club will turn things around next year. Berisha is the best striker ever to play in the A-League, but if Kev stays watch MVFC turn him to crap.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:44 pm

collie dog wrote:
5 nil.

That's 10 goals conceded in two weeks. The team is a rabble. When will sporting clubs realise that the most important person in any club and the first person picked is the coach? Good coaches win matches. Bad coaches have NFI.

But Victory will continue the cargo cult mentality and think that bringing Berisha to the club will turn things around next year. Berisha is the best striker ever to play in the A-League, but if Kev stays watch MVFC turn him to crap.

Yeah they Need a Coach with Experience and not just a Ex-Player who had just Retired

DT 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Muscat should be sacked immediately. AVB got the bullet and he is a far better coach but no one should tolerate back to back 5:0 losses
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:14 pm

DT wrote:
Muscat should be sacked immediately. AVB got the bullet and he is a far better coach but no one should tolerate back to back 5:0 losses

Completely agree, and the MVFC Forum agrees.

http://www.melbournevictory.net/forum/showthread.php?61241-This-is-the-most-shameful-day-in-the-history-of-our-club

It just proves the point of this thread. You should NEVER appoint a former player as coach until such time as he has proven he has all the necessary skills to manage a club. The sad thing from a Victory point of view (and I've been a member since inception) is that since we sacked Ernie Merrick we have achieved absolutely NOTHING!

Now the mail is that Muscat has lost the dressing room. And all the evidence seems to point to that. 15 goals conceded in the last four games (and that includes the 3-1 win against WSW). Rolling Eyes

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:22 pm

collie dog wrote:
DT wrote:

http://www.melbournevictory.net/forum/showthread.php?61241-This-is-the-most-shameful-day-in-the-history-of-our-club

It just proves the point of this thread. You should NEVER appoint a former player as coach until such time as he has proven he has all the necessary skills to manage a club. The sad thing from a Victory point of view (and I've been a member since inception) is that since we sacked Ernie Merrick we have achieved absolutely NOTHING!

Now the mail is that Muscat has lost the dressing room. And all the evidence seems to point to that. 15 goals conceded in the last four games (and that includes the 3-1 win against WSW). Rolling Eyes

Then what that has that to do with Collingwood Hiring Buckley?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:23 pm

collie dog wrote:
DT wrote:

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:24 pm

For moral reasons?
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
collie dog wrote:
DT wrote:

Nothing, although this season will be crucial for Buckley and Collingwood..

Here is another brilliant opinion from the MVFC Forum:

Quote:
""""There has always been a persuasive argument that Melbourne Victory can not move ahead into the future of football in this country until Muscat is gone from the club. This argument had veracity after Merrick was sacked, and when Mehm and then Magilton were appointed. Throughout, Muscat’s continued, baleful presence was the elephant in the room.

I was astonished when Ange Post kept him on, but my feeling is that this reflects Muscat’s unhealthy entrenchment in the club – this absurd idea, based on his record as a player, that he was somehow the natural MV coach in waiting. This was an emotional judgement, bereft of logic. Muscat should have been sent out to prove himself in the VPL, or now the NPL. Here he has been his own worst enemy, preferring the soft inside job.

The last act of this melodrama is now being played out. Muscat has what he has wanted for so long, and the snarling statue is revealed as having not so much feet of clay, but feet of sand. Now it is plain to see that for the club to leave its troubled recent years behind, Muscat must be shown the exit. The next coach must be unencumbered by the past. And there is no doubt that there will be next coach. The MV board simply cannot allow this situation to continue for much longer. Muscat has perhaps 4 games to turn the situation around.

I simply don’t think he has it in him. He has lost the plot and, it is clear from Sunday, at least part of the dressing room. The players are not playing for him. He can hold as many enquiries as he likes. Good players under Ange are poor players under him. That’s not a player issue. That’s a coach issue. The enquiry Muscat needs to be holding involves only one thing: a mirror.""""

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: