Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So, how bout that weather?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
3.14159 wrote:
What sort of stuff are you listing?

• 3.14159. Fair condition, a few scratches. Free to good home.
  • Nick Pie Man. High-strung, needs a firm hand on the bit, but rides well. Getting good marks in obedience school. Could be a bargain for the right owner.
  • Morrigu. Well-used but sweet temperament and good with children. Must sell, cannot afford the vet bills.
  • Think Positive. An active, high-maintenance pet, generally safe with children but can snap. For the serious collector only.
  • Swoop42. Well proportioned, good runner, spelling a problem but comes with own brain. Call for latest pricing.
  • Stui Magpie. One owner, some scratches, needs repair but still working. As-is, no warranty. Make an offer.

think positive wrote:
Hahaha! What about yourself Tannin? Come on now!

Might struggle to find a buyer, Jo, with or without snazzy heels. I think we have a hard waste collection day soon. I might have to put myself out. Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:47 pm

KenH wrote:
I have been starting work at 10:30pm and knocking off at 6am. Then I have to try and sleep during the day with no aircon at home! Bloody difficult!

Eww that's a bugger, cheers mate, hope you get a break

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:49 pm

Tannin wrote:
Tannin wrote:
3.14159 wrote:

• Nick Pie Man. High-strung, needs a firm hand on the bit, but rides well. Getting good marks in obedience school. Could be a bargain for the right owner.
  • Morrigu. Well-used but sweet temperament and good with children. Must sell, cannot afford the vet bills.
  • Think Positive. An active, high-maintenance pet, generally safe with children but can snap. For the serious collector only.
  • Swoop42. Well proportioned, good runner, spelling a problem but comes with own brain. Call for latest pricing.
  • Stui Magpie. One owner, some scratches, needs repair but still working. As-is, no warranty. Make an offer.

think positive wrote:

Might struggle to find a buyer, Jo, with or without snazzy heels. I think we have a hard waste collection day soon. I might have to put myself out. Smile

Laughing Laughing
That's a bit harsh mate! Hehehehehehehe!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:51 pm

Right now? I'm just kidding around.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
We have been leaving the air con on all night this week. Just on 1 with the ceiling fan it's enough. Yeah not looking forward to the electricity bill.

Ps I've been swimming in the middle of the night, it's awesome, except last 2 nights the bloody lightening has scared me out of there.

Good thing about my day job, I start when I want so I get in as early as I can and get it done, no breaks, but this time of year not much work only 10-15 hours a week. And I can do hubby's paper work (my real job!) whenever and at home so yeah pretty lucky there.

How come you don't have air conditioning in your office? Don't you work in a hospital? Those places are always freezing!

I'm about to hit the cross trainer in the 1 non air conditioned room in the house! Yeah. Hubby really didn't want a gym! Cheers!

The building I work in was built in 2007 as a "green" building. What is now my office was originally a store room and the aircon wasn't connected to it, for whatever reason. It would cost thousands to get it connected so I put up with it for the few days of the year that it's really hot.

Being a "green" building means the air con is stuffed anyway. Rolling Eyes

Ah, you should spend those few days wandering around inspecting, um, things!

You got air con at home?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Tannin wrote:
Tannin wrote:
3.14159 wrote:

think positive wrote:

nah, just got to market yourself right.

Tannin: Been around the block a bit but still in pretty good condition, faithful, loyal and generally reliable but can sometimes be temperamental for no apparent reason. Current owner has him tamed but has decided to trade to a newer model. Requires a large yard, not suitable for liberal voters or families with small children. Make an offer.

And yeah Jo, I got air con at home, 1 2hp refrigerated air conditioner at each end of the house, but they don't get into the bedrooms.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Tannin!
Not your average Bird-brain.

price: "CHEEP"

ph 3141-5926
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Tannin wrote:
3.14159 wrote:

think positive wrote:

nah, just got to market yourself right.

Tannin: Been around the block a bit but still in pretty good condition, faithful, loyal and generally reliable but can sometimes be temperamental for no apparent reason. Current owner has him tamed but has decided to trade to a newer model. Requires a large yard, not suitable for liberal voters or families with small children. Make an offer.

And yeah Jo, I got air con at home, 1 2hp refrigerated air conditioner at each end of the house, but they don't get into the bedrooms.

Ah, sleep in your man cave!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:49 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I feel sorry for those who don't have air conditioning on these sweltering days.

I never had it growing up and the unit I'm in now is the first to have a split system a/c within it.

Whilst in my previous unit which was on the second storey complete with a flat tin roof I got to the stage of buying a portable a/c unit sick of suffering through hot summer days.

Not as good naturally as split systems with cooling and noisier but it was better than relying on fans and praying for a cooling breeze.

Mrs WPT works with over 65's who have a mental illness. She is a senior clinician who does community based & acute work as a nurse.

Yesterday one of the people she case manages who has chronic paranoid delusions was wearing two skivvies, two jumpers & a jacket in his Dep't of Housing hotbox, sorry flat. He always believes people come in & steal things. She tried to point out that he will be dead before they steal things -of course to no avail. She managed to get him to take a few layers off but predicted he'd have them on soon after she left.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:56 pm

swoop42 wrote:
^Pedalling to work on a 40 degree day?

God you are even more Fitzroy than David.

No, I live in the City Of Glen Eira close to Member 7170 & Magpie Greg.

Drank 1.5 litres of water before the 45 min ride & 1 bottle during & mucho at work. Me Fitzroy? Nope I'm just a suburban boy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dphmyaLBlzk

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:40 am

I believe that this explains the current weather pattern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:42 am

It's beautiful outside atm but there's no wind for it too cool the house down.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:45 am

Where are you located?
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:50 am

1061 wrote:
It's beautiful outside atm but there's no wind for it too cool the house down.

yep. changed my training time at the gym from 4.30pm yesterday to 7am today because of the heat.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:26 am

Proud Pies wrote:
I believe that this explains the current weather pattern
Wink Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: