Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL disgraced in Essendon saga

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:07 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Well it aint over til its over.

Until ASADA actually report their findings or close the matter, it will still be haning above them.

When this happens, who knows?

Eternally waiting for absolutely nothing to happen reminds me of my expectations of the Abbott government..... Twisted Evil Razz

Any comment on your football wrecking ALP mates. They wrecked the Country and tried to wreck our game . Typical dumb unionists.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:49 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Until ASADA actually report their findings or close the matter, it will still be haning above them.

Eternally waiting for absolutely nothing to happen reminds me of my expectations of the Abbott government..... Twisted Evil Razz

Any comment on your football wrecking ALP mates. They wrecked the Country and tried to wreck our game . Typical dumb unionists.

Any wonder I dislike you,ya Tory tosspot.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:08 pm

mudlark wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Proud of Collingwood. Proud to be Australian. Proud to hate dumb ALP supporters who arrogantly wreck Australia. The ALP is the filth of global politics. They use unions to take poor workers money and spend it on feminist chicks wanting power in politics, boat cheats, fake football drug scandals, and in some cases, members union funds for prostitutes. They like their bogan fat union mates are finished. Dumb lazy lot. Notice those that support them are mostly bogans with big guts lol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How do people feel about our President helping Essendon's President improve his relationship with the AFL!

Quote:
■ Collingwood president Eddie McGuire had acted as a middle man in attempting to repair the Essendon chairman's "non-existent" relationship with AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou.

Quote:
"Eddie McGuire has been really helpful in trying to address that relationship and I must say we've spoken at length – we've both had a long list of items – and our relationship is much stronger now than it was because before there was no relationship. It's a work in progress."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chairman-says-hird-will-return-a-better-person-20140207-327l8.html#ixzz2sh2CpPSQ
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Eddie has always been committed to the game as a whole.
anchor56 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:23 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

That is fine but Eddie needs to remember there is a difference between AFL Statesman and Collingwood President. As Collingwood President his duty, first and foremost, is to the Collingwood Football Club. What happens to Essendon, James Hird or Paul Little is secondary. If he can't distinguish between the two, then it may be time to start working on the next succession plan.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:48 am

Hiss wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Proud of Collingwood. Proud to be Australian. Proud to hate dumb ALP supporters who arrogantly wreck Australia. The ALP is the filth of global politics. They use unions to take poor workers money and spend it on feminist chicks wanting power in politics, boat cheats, fake football drug scandals, and in some cases, members union funds for prostitutes. They like their bogan fat union mates are finished. Dumb lazy lot. Notice those that support them are mostly bogans with big guts lol

Now now Hiss. Jack Spain was banned for less! Razz

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:51 am

anchor56 wrote:
Eddie needs to remember there is a difference between AFL Statesman and Collingwood President. As Collingwood President his duty, first and foremost, is to the Collingwood Football Club. What happens to Essendon, James Hird or Paul Little is secondary. If he can't distinguish between the two, then it may be time to start working on the next succession plan.

Correct. Time for some serious challenge to the McGuire presidency until he gets the fact that Collingwood must be first and last in his set of priorities. Besides, as President of the Melbourne Stars he has presided over three straight semi final losses in the BBL. Hmmm. Eddie Jonah? Confused

taff wa 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:39 pm

[quote="1061"]How do people feel about our President helping Essendon's President improve his relationship with the AFL!

[quote]■ Collingwood president Eddie McGuire had acted as a middle man in attempting to repair the Essendon chairman's "non-existent" relationship with AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou.[/quote]

[quote]"Eddie McGuire has been really helpful in trying to address that relationship and I must say we've spoken at length – we've both had a long list of items – and our relationship is much stronger now than it was because before there was no relationship. It's a work in progress."[/quote]

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chairman-says-hird-will-return-a-better-person-20140207-

327l8.html#ixzz2sh2CpPSQ[/quote]

Don't know about better person but he is certainly a richer person after being paid one million for doing diddly squat in 2014.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

He's just paving the way to take Dimis job once he finishes as pies president.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Stupied wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

You might be right, but there is one fatal flaw in that thinking. No Collingwood person would be allowed within a bull's roar of AFL House ever.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:45 pm

collie dog wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

You might be right, but there is one fatal flaw in that thinking. No Collingwood person would be allowed within a bull's roar of AFL House ever.

Bloody rubbish. Jack Hamilton was a great man. And Luke Ball may well end up there at some stage as could Gary Pert.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Is there finally going to be some resolution to this?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/briefs-of-evidence-being-prepared-against-afl-and-nrl-players-as-asada-completes-investigations-into-the-two-football-codes/story-fni2u98u-1226838587078

Quote:
BRIEFS of evidence are being prepared by anti-doping investigators against AFL and NRL players over the drugs in sports saga.

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority chief has indicated players could be issued with notices of action.

Essendon in the AFL and the Cronulla Sharks in the NRL have been the focus of the agency’s 13-month probe.

Under the AFL anti-doping code, footballers found guilty of performance-enhancing drug offences could face bans of up to two years.

Mind you, this bit is alarming!

Quote:
The panel, appointed by the federal Sports Minister, would to the AFL if it found infraction notices should be issued to players. The panel can recommend a penalty, although that would ultimately be decided by an AFL tribunal.
buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:02 pm

And ASADA now issues a show-cause letter to the Stephen Dank for his time at Essendon, but not Cronulla. Given his previously stated through his legal counsel that he would refuse to appear before ASADA, it will be interesting to see if he takes this to the Federal Court......

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/asada-issues-showcause-letter-to-stephen-dank-20140313-hvif9.html

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:29 pm

Looks like Tania Hird has dropped Dimi into it. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. C,Mon ASADA, get your act together and take the sanctimonious smile off her face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: