Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bugger

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:33 am
Post subject: BuggerReply with quote

We have a happy thread, a pissed off thread, a funny thread but no melancholy or "sad" thread. "What made me sad thread" just sounds too depressing. So I thought I'd just call it bugger.

Woke up this morning, big cup of caffeine to get the blood pumping, and walk in the gym. Bloody daughter has left the power points on all night, all the machines and the DVD player are still on, and there is a bloody friends DVD cover with a bunch of DVDs all over the place. (Not a friends fan, but really hate mess in my space).

I start cleaning it up, muttering away, and in walks junior, "hey mum can you help me with my spray tan". Oh shit. That day is here. Schoolies. Oh ....bugger. And just like that all is forgiven. And my heart goes crack.

15 min in my previously beautiful spotless shower, then 15 min perched in my previously beautiful spotless ensuite while I pumice stone her feet to get the excess off ( this was not how I imagined my day) followed by 40 min cleaning the mess up. And she is looking stunning. (Good job mum)

I finally hit the gym, was going to miss it, but it seemed to put the inevitable off! Now I gotta check money, food, clothes, etc etc oh yeah and alcohol Crying or Very sad

In 1 hours time she walks out her pretty purple themed ex daisy shrine, with it's cute heart shaped bed heads. Daisy is all packed away now, safe in the top of her wardrobe, for the day she can bear to look at it again. This afternoon the heart bed will be gone too, in it's place a more grown up setting. The glow in the dark purple wall will remain until she chooses a new doña cover theme.

I hate this. I'm crying all ready. They didn't put this in the job description.

I felt truly blessed yesterday when she chose to see the new hunger games movie with me. That she will still be with me at the footy next year. How much longer will I have that. My older daughter ripped away the aprons strings quite brutally when she was around 16, but my younger daughter thankfully has been progressing gently. But I can see it coming.

Don't wish your life away. Hold on to every moment. Even the tough ones. Cos all of a sudden you have to learn to be somebody else. And those moments, those precious moments. Hold them tight.

When she comes home next week, her room will be different, (and really clean!). And the Friends DVD will be waiting for her in the gym.

Cheers

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, even though you can't mother them forever, you'll always be their mum.

let em go, they'll come back.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:10 pm

I thought that this was going to about the cricket!
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:40 pm
Post subject: Re: BuggerReply with quote

think positive wrote:
We have a happy thread, a pissed off thread, a funny thread but no melancholy or "sad" thread. "What made me sad thread" just sounds too depressing. So I thought I'd just call it bugger.

Woke up this morning, big cup of caffeine to get the blood pumping, and walk in the gym. Bloody daughter has left the power points on all night, all the machines and the DVD player are still on, and there is a bloody friends DVD cover with a bunch of DVDs all over the place. (Not a friends fan, but really hate mess in my space).

I start cleaning it up, muttering away, and in walks junior, "hey mum can you help me with my spray tan". Oh shit. That day is here. Schoolies. Oh ....bugger. And just like that all is forgiven. And my heart goes crack.

15 min in my previously beautiful spotless shower, then 15 min perched in my previously beautiful spotless ensuite while I pumice stone her feet to get the excess off ( this was not how I imagined my day) followed by 40 min cleaning the mess up. And she is looking stunning. (Good job mum)

I finally hit the gym, was going to miss it, but it seemed to put the inevitable off! Now I gotta check money, food, clothes, etc etc oh yeah and alcohol Crying or Very sad

In 1 hours time she walks out her pretty purple themed ex daisy shrine, with it's cute heart shaped bed heads. Daisy is all packed away now, safe in the top of her wardrobe, for the day she can bear to look at it again. This afternoon the heart bed will be gone too, in it's place a more grown up setting. The glow in the dark purple wall will remain until she chooses a new doña cover theme.

I hate this. I'm crying all ready. They didn't put this in the job description.

I felt truly blessed yesterday when she chose to see the new hunger games movie with me. That she will still be with me at the footy next year. How much longer will I have that. My older daughter ripped away the aprons strings quite brutally when she was around 16, but my younger daughter thankfully has been progressing gently. But I can see it coming.

Don't wish your life away. Hold on to every moment. Even the tough ones. Cos all of a sudden you have to learn to be somebody else. And those moments, those precious moments. Hold them tight.

When she comes home next week, her room will be different, (and really clean!). And the Friends DVD will be waiting for her in the gym.

Cheers

Don't be afraid of change Jo.
It doesn't all ways mean good things come to an end.
She loves you and will be a big part of your life for many more years.(have no fear about that).
It's all part of life's rich tapestry. Xx

Junior's ditching the number 13 (I assume), but what about you?
(my 2 cents...keep Heaters number right where it is).

2 more cents.
if she spent more on clothes you'd save a heap on spray tan and bath-bleaching chemicals. Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:49 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Mate, even though you can't mother them forever, you'll always be their mum.

let em go, they'll come back.

Smile cheers mate xxx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:49 pm

KenH wrote:
I thought that this was going to about the cricket!

since im a pom, im still hoping that will be in the happy thread!!! (lets forget yesterday!! Razz )

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:54 pm
Post subject: Re: BuggerReply with quote

3.14159 wrote:

Don't be afraid of change Jo.
It doesn't all ways mean good things come to an end.
She loves you and will be a big part of your life for many more years.(have no fear about that).
It's all part of life's rich tapestry. Xx

Junior's ditching the number 13 (I assume), but what about you?
(my 2 cents...keep Heaters number right where it is).

2 more cents.
if she spent more on clothes you'd save a heap on spray tan and bath-bleaching chemicals. Wink

your words are really sweet, thanks mate xxx

yes Daisy is gone, now we have Fav and Jamie!!

for me, im putting Heater on the hanger, (still a big soft spot) and im bringing Swannie back out of the closet (oops now theres a scary thought). I like his new attitude, so he has earned his place back!!

and yeah the last bit so bloody true!! I don't like these half naked fashions one bit!!

hmm, waiting for hubby to get home so we can pick up the new set, just a bit of time to start shovelling out her room!!

yeah yeah I know, but I cant help it, its a compulsion!!

cheers honey Wink xxxx

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Melbourne Zoo elephant calf Sanook died as a result of a tragic accident with one of his favourite toys, a tyre
Crying or Very sad

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:09 pm

What do you look like?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:50 am

Morrigu wrote:
Melbourne Zoo elephant calf Sanook died as a result of a tragic accident with one of his favourite toys, a tyre
Crying or Very sad

I cried when I saw that, so tragic, and I'll bet the mother is genuinely mourning, these creatures are so emotional. Such a terrible shame. Xxx

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:44 am

First day, first year.

First day, last year.

Time just goes too damn fast. Sad

#SIDEBYSIDE
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:51 am

mandy wrote:
First day, first year.

First day, last year.

Time just goes too damn fast. Sad

Oh my goodness! Makes me shudder.

BTW, what a gorgeous young girl. Hope you have the shot gun at the ready to keep away the undesirables and scum fans who want to be her boyfriend... Razz Twisted Evil
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:53 am

So far so good! She's a good girl. Thankfully nothing like me as a teenager!
#SIDEBYSIDE
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:16 pm

She's gorgeous Mandy, year 12 stress huh?

Buy yourself the BIG bottle!

Good luck to you both, cheers Jo xxxx

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:48 pm

mandy wrote:
So far so good! She's a good girl. Thankfully nothing like me as a teenager!

Yet. Wink

Nah, goodonya and well done. You're right. One minute they're shitting in their nappy and the next they're throwing up in the dunny after a night out on the p155.

BTW, good looking kid, who's her mum? Wink Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: