Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The leftovers - rookie draft.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hudson is still a rookie regardless of whether he has been nominated.

Look at it this way. We can have 44 listed players, both rookie and senior combined (plus 2 cat B rookies). We currently have 39 seniors and 4 rookies listed, meaning we have 1 spot left which can either be used on a senior player in the preseason draft or a rookie.

Unless we delist another player (senior or rookie) we will only have one pick in the rookie draft, which will likely be Kelly as FS.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:12 am

It's very tempting to select Conlon instead of Kelly but I have a feeling that the club we'll stick with Kelly after they promised that they would most likely select him if he wasn't selected at the National Draft.
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:06 am

I'd like to see us make a play for Darcy Hourigan. 92 kgs, 192 cm, ideal third tall. Strong mark, good kick. If we gotta delist someone, e.g. Clarke, then so be it. this kid won AA selection so he's no slouch.
c'mon Pies... DO IT.
cheers.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:24 pm

This was taken from Paige Cardona:

"The Pies also opted to utilise their selection in the preseason draft, which should see only a handful of teams get first bite of the left over talent "and given Jake Kelly – son of Craig – was overlooked in the draft, he will be selected with the Pies’ final rookie spot next week.

What does she mean by that?

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:02 pm

^^I guess it means that because we nominated Kelly, he will be our only selection in the Rookie draft, and that only a handful of teams will have live picks.
4everpies 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Stupied wrote:

Look at it this way. We can have 44 listed players, both rookie and senior combined (plus 2 cat B rookies). We currently have 39 seniors and 4 rookies listed, meaning we have 1 spot left which can either be used on a senior player in the preseason draft or a rookie.

Unless we delist another player (senior or rookie) we will only have one pick in the rookie draft, which will likely be Kelly as FS.

How do you get 39 seniors, I think there's 38 which is the same as last year? 9 players have left and 9 have come in making it 38?

Am I missing someone?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:35 pm

swoop42 wrote:

"The Pies also opted to utilise their selection in the preseason draft, which should see only a handful of teams get first bite of the left over talent "and given Jake Kelly – son of Craig – was overlooked in the draft, he will be selected with the Pies’ final rookie spot next week.

Actually, it seems to say we'll have a pick in the preseason draft (one of the handful of teams) and take Kelly in the Rookie draft. Not sure if we have enough open spots though.

4everpies 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:37 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Actually, it seems to say we'll have a pick in the preseason draft (one of the handful of teams) and take Kelly in the Rookie draft. Not sure if we have enough open spots though.

That's how I read it too, and it makes sense if we have 38 seniors and not 39.
4everpies 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:03 pm

4everpies wrote:
Stupied wrote:

How do you get 39 seniors, I think there's 38 which is the same as last year? 9 players have left and 9 have come in making it 38?

Am I missing someone?

I just realised who I was missing - Tony Armstrong. So yes, there are 39 seniors, sorry about that. Wink
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:15 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Yeah that's how I was reading it to but how the sentence is structured leaves it open to interpretation.

I was of the opinion that our senior list was full or will be once Hudson was promted to the senior list.

Who knows perhaps we've decided to back in Grundy and Witts as our ruck division with Hudson only upgraded mid year or if a LTI occurs.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:08 pm

4everpies wrote:
4everpies wrote:
Stupied wrote:

Am I missing someone?

I just realised who I was missing - Tony Armstrong. So yes, there are 39 seniors, sorry about that. Wink

Yeah I checked the list on the website earlier today.

We have 39 players and 5 rookies, but Mooney is category B so we have 1 vacant spot.

I'm guessing that because Hine rated the two kids he got late in the draft and wasn't expecting them to still be available, they chose to draft them rather than take a punt they'd get rookied by someone else before we had a chance.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:21 pm

According to this article, we have the first "live" pick in the rookie draft.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-26/five-alive-in-psd
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:40 pm

^Actually it's the preseason draft but those selections have to go on ones senior list which I thought was full now given we had committed to taking Jake Kelly via the rookie draft.

We would need to delist someone off the senior/rookie list in order to take a player in the PSD unless father son rookies are classified as catergory B which I assume they aren't.

Most likely we will pass.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:57 pm

swoop42 wrote:
^Actually it's the preseason draft but those selections have to go on ones senior list which I thought was full now given we had committed to taking Jake Kelly via the rookie draft.

We would need to delist someone off the senior/rookie list in order to take a player in the PSD unless father son rookies are classified as catergory B which I assume they aren't.

Most likely we will pass.

According to Callum Twomey we wont be taking Kelly as a rookie selection but will rookie list Gault.

I thought we had to take Kelly if he didn't get drafted because we nominated him as a rookie f/s selection but that obviously isn't the case.

Not sure if taking Gault over someone like Conlon is the right move as he appeared to go backwards last year.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Apparently the official FS nomination day for the rookie draft was Monday, and we didn't lodge paperwork.

Hope Twomey is wrong. I will spew if we rookie Gault while Conlon is available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: