Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TD's Thought on 2013 AFL Draft

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:54 pm
Post subject: TD's Thought on 2013 AFL DraftReply with quote

Sharenberg - Still not 100% sure if it was right to pass Aish up but you can not complain about Shazza. He Give us real Versatility where can play Up Forward and Back. Can also have a Run Thru the Midfield. Has foot Injury so might be passionate with him with him coming in mid-season.

Freeman - Glad we drafted him because in my mind he was Exacly what we wanted. A player with Explosive Pace which he has. Said to be like Dangerfield and we can hope he can be that good. Was same Pick as Dangerfield

Landgon - Not really sure about him. Sounds Like a Good Solid Player. Need to see more. Also not 100% sold on Langdon yet

Marsh - Could be anything. Could be a Freakish Player or could be a Dud. Super Raw but Massive Upside.

Grade B. - Very Impressed but the Foot Injury for Shazza is a little worry

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, do we have to be passionate with all people with foot injuries? Does Hiss' gout count? Razz

- Ben
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:28 pm

I see it very differently. Sharenberg's injury is a concern but I am sure that the club have fully assessed the situation and think it is manageable. He is a good size and is a real ball winner.

To have put ourselves in a position with having two picks in the first ten is a hugh win.

Freeman should give us some much need paces and is a real positive.

Picks 65 and 77 normally yield list fillers. Both Marsh and Langdon have tremendous upside and I think Marsh could work out to be a diamond in the rough.

I rate our efforts a solid A

Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Talking to one of my best mates (physio) re: this injury, his verdict was given some rest his feet will be golden. There are no fractures, so no worries. It's only when fractures form and become difficult to heal that these injuries become a problem.
Given that we have picked a kid that many rated top 3, an explosive midfielder, and two possible gems that slid (think about it, Hine rated this as a shallow draft, Marsh and Langdon must have been waaaay better rated by Hine and co than where they were taken), I think a solid A is in order.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:34 pm

who is this TD? or are you now The Dave?
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:01 pm

^Copy/paste from his Big Footy thread where his user name is Trade Draft.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:32 pm

What is his foot injury? Do we know?

-Ben
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Stupied wrote:
Talking to one of my best mates (physio) re: this injury, his verdict was given some rest his feet will be golden. There are no fractures, so no worries. It's only when fractures form and become difficult to heal that these injuries become a problem.
Given that we have picked a kid that many rated top 3, an explosive midfielder, and two possible gems that slid (think about it, Hine rated this as a shallow draft, Marsh and Langdon must have been waaaay better rated by Hine and co than where they were taken), I think a solid A is in order.

Sister (physio) said pretty much the same mate.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:00 pm

And here was me wondering why we care what Terry Danahir thinks.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:29 am

Tannin wrote:
And here was me wondering why we care what Terry Danahir thinks.

I had my money on Tony Danza..........a devout afl follower.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:22 am

Stupied wrote:

so we're sloppy seconds. lovely.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Interestingly, there is clearly a focus on speed. All 3 of Freeman, Marsh and Langdon were in the top 10 at the combine for repeat sprints and Marsh and Freeman were the absolute top 2 in the 20m sprints

Kevin Sheahan, who should know something, took a liking to our drafting efforts, although that may have been simply because we managed two top 10 picks. He did however, indicate that he thought this top 10 could be as strong as any year previous, despite consensus being that the draft lacked depth

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:43 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Stupied wrote:

so we're sloppy seconds. lovely.

yes we are, TD got all the welcome to collingwood threads on bf, didn't give a rats about us! maybe he should change his nick's moniker to CtrlC/CtrlV Laughing

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:58 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Interestingly, there is clearly a focus on speed. All 3 of Freeman, Marsh and Langdon were in the top 10 at the combine for repeat sprints and Marsh and Freeman were the absolute top 2 in the 20m sprints

Kevin Sheahan, who should know something, took a liking to our drafting efforts, although that may have been simply because we managed two top 10 picks. He did however, indicate that he thought this top 10 could be as strong as any year previous, despite consensus being that the draft lacked depth

Before the draft recruiters were saying that the top 10-12 players were very even, and any of them could end up being the best pick. After the draft Paul Roos pretty much said the same in discussing why they chose to trade pick 2. He felt that they could get a player of very near the same ability at 9 and that they did not share the view that Kelly was the clear number 2 pick. The Dees were after pace and were happy with Salem at 9 and likely see him as a better fit than Kelly, Aish, or the raw Bontempelli. They wanted a mid, so Scharenberg or KK weren't their ideal selections either. It was a similar situation for us. Even if we had pick 2, I'd expect our two top mids may have been Salem and Freeman, as they have the burst speed we desperately need and are not all that far, if at all, below the level of Aish and Kelly.

What all that means is that we did very well to get two picks in the top 10, even more so in this draft than other seasons.

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:23 pm
Post subject: Re: TD's Thought on 2013 AFL DraftReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Sharenberg - Still not 100% sure if it was right to pass Aish up but you can not complain about Shazza. He Give us real Versatility where can play Up Forward and Back. Can also have a Run Thru the Midfield. Has foot Injury so might be passionate with him with him coming in mid-season.

Freeman - Glad we drafted him because in my mind he was Exacly what we wanted. A player with Explosive Pace which he has. Said to be like Dangerfield and we can hope he can be that good. Was same Pick as Dangerfield

Landgon - Not really sure about him. Sounds Like a Good Solid Player. Need to see more. Also not 100% sold on Langdon yet

Marsh - Could be anything. Could be a Freakish Player or could be a Dud. Super Raw but Massive Upside.

Grade B. - Very Impressed but the Foot Injury for Shazza is a little worry

I love your work DTM. I really do. I also like how you managed to weave passionate into those assessments. You're a great man and we're a great club. Thank you for being on Nicks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: