Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood - Tony Armstrong

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Must say I questioned the whole drafting him? But now I figure he has not really cost us anything other than a place in the Senior list.

We have 2 picks in the Top 10 and we have picked up a potential running half back. So as I think about it I cannot see how this is a bad thing as some are going off about.

Surely Gambling on Armstrong is a surer bet than picking up a pimply 18 yr old at a nothing pick 68?

Welcome to PieLand Tony Armstrong.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:20 pm

At 72kg he's the lightest player on our list.

At 183cm he is far from the shortest.

If possible adding some bulk and strength to his frame should be a priority over summer.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:27 pm

jackcass wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Unless we delist Gault (please?)

I'm happy for Gault to get 1 more season. Kid had a late growth spurt and I'm not sure he's gotten used to the extra height yet, shows signs he could be a player.

Thank you. Thank you times a shitpile. I'm the only bloke on this kid's bandwagon and it's a lonely ride sometimes.

His potential is simply massive, a kid who grew up playing footy as a midfielder suddenly in a 200cm body, think Keeffe but with an actual background playing footy.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Stupied wrote:

I'm happy for Gault to get 1 more season. Kid had a late growth spurt and I'm not sure he's gotten used to the extra height yet, shows signs he could be a player.

Thank you. Thank you times a shitpile. I'm the only bloke on this kid's bandwagon and it's a lonely ride sometimes.

His potential is simply massive, a kid who grew up playing footy as a midfielder suddenly in a 200cm body, think Keeffe but with an actual background playing footy.

Well reason could be his Output and Form has been Shocking.

You might see 1 good sign a game. You want to see more.

Well then he could have a Breakout Season this year

Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Stupied wrote:

If love to be proved wrong mate, but jeez it's getting harder to see him actually making it. He really needs to start showing what he's (supposedly) capable of in 2014. Bucks may have more patience with his development than the rest of us, but even the great man can't keep this kid listed if he doesn't start actually producing some good footy soon.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:19 am

Pochemuchka wrote:
best afield in the NEAFL grand final.

i wonder if it is simply an attitude thing and taking things for granted, coasting along thinking it will all just happened for him.

I was at that game; he towelled up a balding and overweight Matthew Lokan; hardly the greatest performance in the world.

Make no mistake, NEAFL is park footy, not even close to VFL standard

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:54 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Pochemuchka wrote:
best afield in the NEAFL grand final.

i wonder if it is simply an attitude thing and taking things for granted, coasting along thinking it will all just happened for him.

I was at that game; he towelled up a balding and overweight Matthew Lokan; hardly the greatest performance in the world.

Make no mistake, NEAFL is park footy, not even close to VFL standard

thanks, that's good to know.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:21 am

MOTR wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:
Culprit wrote:
I will be totally surprised if he actually plays a Senior AFL Season 2014 game. My nickname for him is "Token"

this sort of shit makes me mad, give the guy a break like you would any new recruit....

Exactly THIS........ Exclamation

Poor bugger is shat upon by bigoted dickheads before even putting on a Collingwood jumper....... Rolling Eyes

They need to bloody put up solid evidence or STFU........... Evil or Very Mad

Pisses me off when posters want to bring Armstrong's Aboriginality into the equation.

Armstrong is a skilled footballer that has attracted the eye of a couple of astute recruiters. He fills a very important need on our list and is a mature aged player.
What? Carrying the water bottles? ok, that is important.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:46 am

stui magpie wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Stupied wrote:

I've been quietly along for the ride Stui. I like the kid.
MOTR 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Culprit wrote:
MOTR wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Culprit wrote:
I will be totally surprised if he actually plays a Senior AFL Season 2014 game. My nickname for him is "Token"

this sort of shit makes me mad, give the guy a break like you would any new recruit....

Poor bugger is shat upon by bigoted dickheads before even putting on a Collingwood jumper....... Rolling Eyes

Pisses me off when posters want to bring Armstrong's Aboriginality into the equation.

Armstrong is a skilled footballer that has attracted the eye of a couple of astute recruiters. He fills a very important need on our list and is a mature aged player.

You're massively underestimating Armstrong, Culprit. With Johnson and Shaw gone and Yagmoor on the rookie list, I'm backing Armstrong to play at least 10 games.

That's a pretty big call, considering we have Sinclair, Seedsman, Oxley, Tooves, Williams and perhaps Salem on our senior list.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:38 pm

I honestly know nothing about the kid. But from his highlights footage he seems to have excellent disposal skills, on either foot. This is a skill we're desperately short of, so I am quite keen to see him in black and white. Some players simply need to grow up a bit and then find an opportunity in the right environment. I remember when we got Clement, many wondered why we'd drafted a mature age player who struggled to cement his spot at Fremantle. I'm not suggesting Armstrong is another Clement, but........who knows, he might surprise a lot of his detractors. All I say, is give the kid a chance.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 am

MOTR wrote:
Culprit wrote:
MOTR wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Culprit wrote:

You're massively underestimating Armstrong, Culprit. With Johnson and Shaw gone and Yagmoor on the rookie list, I'm backing Armstrong to play at least 10 games.

That's a pretty big call, considering we have Sinclair, Seedsman, Oxley, Tooves, Williams and perhaps Salem on our senior list.
I would glady eat a belly full of humble pie if proven wrong MOTR. You go 10 games I will go 0. I hope we are both wrong and he plays 25.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:54 am

Delete, had a glitch
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:02 am

Culprit wrote:
MOTR wrote:
Culprit wrote:
MOTR wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Culprit wrote:

I would glady eat a belly full of humble pie if proven wrong MOTR. You go 10 games I will go 0. I hope we are both wrong and he plays 25.

i say 2 games max.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:12 am

His light frame would appear part of his problem to date IMO.

If possible needs to put on another 6 kilos or so of muscle over the summer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: