Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood - Tony Armstrong

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:
Culprit wrote:
I will be totally surprised if he actually plays a Senior AFL Season 2014 game. My nickname for him is "Token"

this sort of shit makes me mad, give the guy a break like you would any new recruit....

Exactly THIS........ Exclamation

Poor bugger is shat upon by bigoted dickheads before even putting on a Collingwood jumper....... Rolling Eyes

They need to bloody put up solid evidence or STFU........... Evil or Very Mad
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:59 am

Collingwood Facebook page was about the same, not many people were very complimentary towards the signing news. Look he may not be any good next season, may never play a game in the seniors....BUT, people were shitty when we got Leigh Brown and look how they turned out?

Yes, Jordan Russell didn't exactly work, neither did Corrie, but they were minimal risks taken to ensure we had the depth there in case of injuries. I am more than happy to let Tony prove himself at the club, I am more than happy to let him settle into the club and prove himself.

If he fails he fails, we didn't lose a pick for him, just used a spot on our list and paid him for the year. It's no different than drafting a player and having him either star or fail. At least let him have some time to settle in before bringing out the knives and bagging the guy.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:52 am

The Prototype wrote:
Collingwood Facebook page was about the same, not many people were very complimentary towards the signing news. Look he may not be any good next season, may never play a game in the seniors....BUT, people were shitty when we got Leigh Brown and look how they turned out?

Yes, Jordan Russell didn't exactly work, neither did Corrie, but they were minimal risks taken to ensure we had the depth there in case of injuries. I am more than happy to let Tony prove himself at the club, I am more than happy to let him settle into the club and prove himself.

If he fails he fails, we didn't lose a pick for him, just used a spot on our list and paid him for the year. It's no different than drafting a player and having him either star or fail. At least let him have some time to settle in before bringing out the knives and bagging the guy.

Effectively cost pick 67 unless I'm mistaken. Only picks 6 & 10 and 2x rookie selections now open to the club come the drafts.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:11 am

Unless we delist Gault (please?)
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:43 am

Stupied wrote:
Unless we delist Gault (please?)

I'm happy for Gault to get 1 more season. Kid had a late growth spurt and I'm not sure he's gotten used to the extra height yet, shows signs he could be a player.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Lazza wrote:
Culprit wrote:
I will be totally surprised if he actually plays a Senior AFL Season 2014 game. My nickname for him is "Token"

this sort of shit makes me mad, give the guy a break like you would any new recruit....

Poor bugger is shat upon by bigoted dickheads before even putting on a Collingwood jumper....... Rolling Eyes

hmmm questioning a brudders selection means I'm now a bigot. lol
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Pochemuchka wrote:
Stupied wrote:
The only thing I can think of that they see in him is his kicking. Has supposedly elite disposal, if he can break into the 22 he will probably take the kick-ins. Is meant to be pretty quick too.

Time will tell if he is just another waste of a pick that could have been used to upgrade Martin...

if martin were an indigenous player he'd be upgraded by now. it's been alluded to that armstrong has been recruited to help fill our quota.

Sorry, but I think that is crap! I do not believe that one bit!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:03 pm

KenH wrote:
Pochemuchka wrote:
Stupied wrote:
The only thing I can think of that they see in him is his kicking. Has supposedly elite disposal, if he can break into the 22 he will probably take the kick-ins. Is meant to be pretty quick too.

Time will tell if he is just another waste of a pick that could have been used to upgrade Martin...

if martin were an indigenous player he'd be upgraded by now. it's been alluded to that armstrong has been recruited to help fill our quota.

Sorry, but I think that is crap! I do not believe that one bit!

that's good. the statement was mere conjecture based on past writings.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:16 pm

The guy is the last one on the list, he's depth for depth players. If there is some kind of unofficial "Must have an indigenous player on the list" policy, then having one as our 40th player isn't that big a deal. That said, I don't think Collingwood would give a stuff if we had 0 indigenous players on the list, and this is from someone who despises any kind of quota system/affirmative action. In this case I just don't see it.

Also, I think you all should remember Leigh Brown, if you can't remember what people said when he was drafted go back and have a look. Another player who had failed at 2 other clubs and nobody could see any value in.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Was never a fan of us getting him to the club. But now he is there he will have my support. To be honest I don't believe he will still be on the list next year, but would be happy to be proved wrong.
Welcome to the club Tony.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Wokko wrote:
The guy is the last one on the list, he's depth for depth players. If there is some kind of unofficial "Must have an indigenous player on the list" policy, then having one as our 40th player isn't that big a deal. That said, I don't think Collingwood would give a stuff if we had 0 indigenous players on the list, and this is from someone who despises any kind of quota system/affirmative action. In this case I just don't see it.

Also, I think you all should remember Leigh Brown, if you can't remember what people said when he was drafted go back and have a look. Another player who had failed at 2 other clubs and nobody could see any value in.

i was discussing leigh brown with someone the other day. he was used as an example of someone who went to a third club and prospered. brown did manage quite a few games before he joined collingwood. i don't think he was that great a footballer but he did do was do what was asked of him. a terrific role player.

armstrong will be quickly embraced (or otherwise) by the community by virtue of his deeds on the field. for many, he is starting a long way back; for others he doesn't have to make up as much ground.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Pochemuchka wrote:
Wokko wrote:

i was discussing leigh brown with someone the other day. he was used as an example of someone who went to a third club and prospered. brown did manage quite a few games before he joined collingwood. i don't think he was that great a footballer but he did do was do what was asked of him. a terrific role player.

armstrong will be quickly embraced (or otherwise) by the community by virtue of his deeds on the field. for many, he is starting a long way back; for others he doesn't have to make up as much ground.

The only thing I am interested in is how he performs when wearing the Black & White.

I hope he finds himself and realises his full potential for our benefit.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Welcome Mr Armstrong.

When you pull on the black and white stripes you enter the fold.

I dare say that you will try your best......and that's all I ask.

The rest for better of worse will simply be history, write it as you will.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Lazza wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Pisses me off when posters want to bring Armstrong's Aboriginality into the equation.

Armstrong is a skilled footballer that has attracted the eye of a couple of astute recruiters. He fills a very important need on our list and is a mature aged player.

Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Good on both sides of body, correct? Recruited for X factor potential ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: