Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood - Tony Armstrong

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stupied 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Annoying if true. Would much rather have rookied Armstrong if that is the case. Make him work for his place on the senior list and give the extra senior spot to Martin, who was stiff to miss out.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Pochemuchka wrote:
Stupied wrote:
The only thing I can think of that they see in him is his kicking. Has supposedly elite disposal, if he can break into the 22 he will probably take the kick-ins. Is meant to be pretty quick too.

Time will tell if he is just another waste of a pick that could have been used to upgrade Martin...

if martin were an indigenous player he'd be upgraded by now. it's been alluded to that armstrong has been recruited to help fill our quota.

OK, red flag time for me when I read totally bloody unsubstantiated rubbish like this but I'll be very nice...... Cool

Posts like these are totally useless unless you have concrete evidence to back it up. As far as I know (and I stand to be corrected), in all my time of following the 'pies, I have NEVER heard of a certain quota of players that had to be indigenous, Greek, Italian, German or whatever.. Shocked Utter bullshit!
Fantastic conspiracy theories become really boring when you don’t have ANY evidence at all to substantiate ridiculous claims and silly utterances.
Until you show me solid proof, I will continue to treat posts like yours with the contempt and disdain it deserves…… Rolling Eyes
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:19 pm

very odd, and out of left field.

anyone know if hes got a good younger brother/cousin?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:25 pm

I LOVE how the "In Hine we trust" brigade doubts him at the drop of a hat.....!! If I were Hine and fighting in a war, I would hate to have some of you guys next to me in the bunker!! Great support……
I think you will find that the club has really done its homework based on substance and made an educated and fully informed decision that Armstrong is better value to the team at this stage than Martin.
I hope Armstrong proves all you doubting Thomas’ wrong……..
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:39 pm

Lazza wrote:
I LOVE how the "In Hine we trust" brigade doubts him at the drop of a hat.....!! If I were Hine and fighting in a war, I would hate to have some of you guys next to me in the bunker!! Great support……
I think you will find that the club has really done its homework based on substance and made an educated and fully informed decision that Armstrong is better value to the team at this stage than Martin.

so, what you are saying is that someone who is about to join their 3rd club - having been delisted by the previous two and managed on a few games in that time - is well ahead of martin?

LOL.

sure it was mentioned at the copeland how martin had a few things to work on but i would be surprised if armstrong played many afl games for us.

88MPH 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:47 pm

It's all about clean disposal off half back & this bloke has that covered.

As a bonus, look for him to be kicking out from full back - Neon Leon style.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:56 pm

^ i hope that is the case but he is going to need more than just slick disposal. having said that, we need to improve the delivery into the f50 rather than just bombing it in.

btw, welcome to collingwood.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Pochemuchka wrote:
Lazza wrote:

so, what you are saying is that someone who is about to join their 3rd club - having been delisted by the previous two and managed on a few games in that time - is well ahead of martin?

LOL.

sure it was mentioned at the copeland how martin had a few things to work on but i would be surprised if armstrong played many afl games for us.

Yes. He has done what Martin hasn't done as yet - played AFL football..... Rolling Eyes
Don’t get me wrong, I think Martin will also be a top class player but let’s give the lad some time to get his game right. This rushing of players to play senior footy is a bit silly to me. I think Michael Tuck played about 2-3 years (or more) in Hawthorn reserves before playing his first ever senior game. Lots of other examples too.
BTW, you still haven’t provided me with evidence for your comment regarding Armstrong being picked as a form of an indigenous quota fulfilment either. Were you just dog whistling or were you serious???
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:11 pm

FFS, why the f@ckn is this a case of Armstrong vs Martin?

They are totally different players. Martin is a talented mid sized half forward, a tad slow, but with great footy nous and a good goal kicker. Armstrong is a lightning fast small defender with elite kicking skills. Whether he proves to be good enough, only time will tell, but in terms of suiting our needs, Armstrong fits the bill.

And btw, anyone who thinks our club would recruit a player because of his skin color, knows nothing about the professionalism of Hine and the rest of our football department.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:22 pm

He will give us Pace and Good Use of the Ball by Foot
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Tony Armstrong?

http://youtu.be/cAQSZhazYk8

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Pochemuchka wrote:
Stupied wrote:
The only thing I can think of that they see in him is his kicking. Has supposedly elite disposal, if he can break into the 22 he will probably take the kick-ins. Is meant to be pretty quick too.

Time will tell if he is just another waste of a pick that could have been used to upgrade Martin...

if martin were an indigenous player he'd be upgraded by now. it's been alluded to that armstrong has been recruited to help fill our quota.

Rubbish. Martin is a good ordinary player, he's a slow, short, inside mid. There's simply no place for him in our team. If we were lacking in that area? Sure. But we are not. Armstrong is a very quick half back with good foot skills. Question? How many players that played for us in 2013 would fit that description?

He's not a world beater, but he has put together some decent senior games at quality clubs. If things go well for him, he might be able to hold a spot down in our defense or even as a small forward.

I'd much prefer Armstrong on our senior list than Martin, he is the type of player we are looking for, now it's up to him to stand up and show he can make it.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:56 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
FFS, why the f@ckn is this a case of Armstrong vs Martin?

They are totally different players. Martin is a talented mid sized half forward, a tad slow, but with great footy nous and a good goal kicker. Armstrong is a lightning fast small defender with elite kicking skills. Whether he proves to be good enough, only time will tell, but in terms of suiting our needs, Armstrong fits the bill.

And btw, anyone who thinks our club would recruit a player because of his skin color, knows nothing about the professionalism of Hine and the rest of our football department.

as far as i can tell, the armstrong v martin scenario has manifested as a result of a list spot being given to armstrong and not martin.

as for the skin colour debate, my comments were drawing conclusions from assertions in other posts which will have come across in previous tony armstrong threads.

it is interesting to see many posters make a case for armstrong which helps those (like me) who know very little about him and his strengths.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:56 pm

And welcome, Tony! An exciting player and a good addition to our list. He may or may not make an impact in 2014 (you should never have overly high hopes for a delisted player), but he is the right type of player for us to add to the squad.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Lazza wrote:
Pochemuchka wrote:
Stupied wrote:

OK, red flag time for me when I read totally bloody unsubstantiated rubbish like this but I'll be very nice...... Cool

Posts like these are totally useless unless you have concrete evidence to back it up. As far as I know (and I stand to be corrected), in all my time of following the 'pies, I have NEVER heard of a certain quota of players that had to be indigenous, Greek, Italian, German or whatever.. Shocked Utter bullshit!
Fantastic conspiracy theories become really boring when you don’t have ANY evidence at all to substantiate ridiculous claims and silly utterances.
Until you show me solid proof, I will continue to treat posts like yours with the contempt and disdain it deserves…… Rolling Eyes

Pochemuchka wrote:
so, what you are saying is that someone who is about to join their 3rd club - having been delisted by the previous two and managed on a few games in that time - is well ahead of martin? LOL.

No, that is not what he is saying, and you know it.

Well, you'd have to be an extraordinarily dense tosser not to know that, but I'll be generous and maintain an open mind on the question.

PS: For someone so keen to correct Dave the Man's grammar, you could really use some lessons on basic capitalisation and a dash of Punctuation 101.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: